The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 101 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#104332 - 01/24/07 03:57 PM How...? Re: Craziest or outlandish thing... [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Down South it's called TPing. The TP being Toilet Paper. Yes, I did it. TPing someone's yard was part of being a teen around here. Cleaning it up was horrible though. With five girls in our family, our yard got TPed A LOT. I usually got blamed for it happening, and had to clean it up. I was framed, I tell ya.

As far as the crazies thing I've ever done, there aren't enough pages on here for me to even begin. Besides, I was grounded so much in high school that I took on a new motto....confess only to the priest. And I'm not even Catholic.

#104333 - 01/24/07 05:37 PM How...? Re: Craziest or outlandish thing... [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
We called it rolling yards. And ours was the first one rolled in our community...back in the early 60s...mother thought all the toilet tissue had fallen out of an airplane...in no time...we were rolling with the best of them!

This isn't outrageous...just funny...remember when Lee Nails came out with their do it yourself paint on nails? My sister and I were on a trip and decided to 'grow' nails while we were gone...we got this glop on there...it dried about 1/4 inch thick...and we couldn't do a thing with it. No mere nail file was a match...we still laugh about our nails!

#104334 - 01/24/07 06:40 PM How...? Re: Craziest or outlandish thing... [Re: Jane_Carroll]
bonnierae Offline

The craziest thing I have ever done was only a few short years ago. You could kind of understand a young person being so foolish,but at my age you would think.......

My husband was in CO. painting the nursing home where our son was administrator.

My son called me Mon night to tell me my husband had suffered a stroke. I almost had one when I learned he had driven 25 miles during rush hour traffic during this stroke. He realized of course something was wrong, but thought he would drive slow in the right lane and if he got so he couldn't see at all, he would pull over on the shoulder. He Had one hand covering the eye affected by the stroke. He arrived at our sons home and thought if he took a little nap he would be fine. He promptly passed out on the couch
Our granddaugther was concerned that he wasn't breathing quite right and ran to get our son.

This began my week from Hades. We live in MN . I thought to fly first but no one was sure if my husband could get on a plane.
It is exactly 1000 miles from my door and our sons.

I got in the car and headed to Denver.

continued

#104335 - 01/24/07 06:51 PM Re: How...? Re: Craziest or outlandish thing... [Re: bonnierae]
bonnierae Offline

I drove straight thru not quite knowing what to expect.
Tyrned around and drove home with my husband,still not doing real well. Saw our Dr immediately and he stunned me when he told me, take him back, he was in the best possible place for OTand PT,
Well Duh!!! Give me enough time and I would have figured it out. He could work at his trade with a therapist right on site.

So on Thur I drove back out there.3,000 miles in a week.

I was planning on heading back home early Fri morning.

I love animals but that blamed cat of my granddaughters started me on a trip I will never forget.
One bathroom was reserved for kitty. Always fresh water in the toilet, RIGHT??
EXCEPT, no one shared this with me. AND THE LID WAS UP!!!!!

I lived in a household of men so a dunking of the south side was not unknown to me, BUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT, have you ever
experienced what a wet cat can do??
I got up in the middle of the night and did not turn on any lights, not wanting to wake my husband.

Suddenly, I was dealing with a wet,dunked cat, mad as I have ever seen a cat. I will leave out pertinent details but seems I had knocked her into the toilet and she was not a happy camper.

At 2:00 am in a quiet house being attacked by a mad,wet cat, I was suddenly wide awake. She ended up one way and I the other.

Sleep was a thing of the past so figured I might as well head for home. Dumb move on my part.

How many of you gals have slept with 25 truckers????
continued

#104336 - 01/24/07 07:33 PM Re: How...? Re: Craziest or outlandish thing... [Re: bonnierae]
bonnierae Offline

I was not familiar with Co weather in April. 25 miles from our sons home I began to see semis parked along both sides of the freeway. A smarter person may have stopped and asked what the problem was. Not Me, many,many semi's and I did not see the wisdom of asking what was up ahead.

Much to my regret I soon found out what the problem was. From the point I was at to Cheyenne WY, a major, majot blizzard was raging.
Not wanting to turn around and drive the measly 25 miles back, I took the officer at the road block up on his suggestion that I spend the night with others in the local high school.

I was one of the last dummies in so many had come before me.
The lady in charge of these "special accommadations" told me there was one cot left. But, Please me quiet as everyone is sleeping. She explained the one cot out of 26 was available in a classroom , but don't turn on the light and try not to waken anyone. Let me tell you, it didn't take long and I had the funny feeling I was not with a group of women. The snoring, the kind that rattles windows and "other" noises I won't explain did not sound like a room full of women. Finally had enough noise and went out to the hall and asked this crazy woman who I was sleeping with. 25 truckers was WHO.

That was enough and I grabbed a couple more blankets and spent the night in my car.
Finally at 8:30 am it was clear as far as Cheyenne.

When I pulled into the truck stop all I could see for what seemed like miles was semi's. Then I found out I-80 east was still impassable. AND when the roads were cleared the truckers were going to be let out first and cars had to wait. Believe it or not they estimated between 15,000 and 20,000 truckers were shut down in a radius of fifty miles.

have two brothers that are over the road truckers and saw a couple of men that drove for the same company.
I perfected my best whine and begged them to get me out of there when they left. They agreed as long as I could keep up. Now that is a phrase that has different meanings to different people. I drive a little Chevy Cavaliar. Keeping up to these men meant 85 miles an hour across Nebraska in what they referred to as "the cradle"
No cop in his right mind would have considered stopping them. I had two trucks in front, two behind and two on the side. All I could think of was a blowout or my car stalling was really, really going to hurt.
Afetr record time across Nebraska, they left me and I thought NOW, I will find a place to sleep. Big Joke.
Because of the blizzard many people had stopped BEFORE they got into trouble, no rooms. I finally pulled into a convenience store and asked if I could park in front of their window and grab a couple hours of sleep. They graciously said they would keep on eye on me.

Just drifting off and some lunatic started banging on my car hood. This lunatic had spiked lime green and purple hair. He was soon joined by others that looked as strange as the first one.
Turns out "these lunatics" were just kids that had come from some kind of game where their team had one and were celebrating,ON MY HOOD

Took off again and made it to MPLS in record time. All I wanted was HOME and as soon as possible.

I have not lived this down yet. Sleeping with 25 truckers at my age seems to be grounds for hilarity.

Bonnierae
www.mysilverneedle.com
www.mygrandcentralstation.com

#104337 - 01/24/07 09:05 PM Re: How...? Re: Craziest or outlandish thing... [Re: bonnierae]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Bonnierose, you had me laughing so hard, AGAIN!
"a blowout or my car stalling was really, really going to hurt."<<<---LOL

#104338 - 01/24/07 09:09 PM Re: How...? Re: Craziest or outlandish thing... [Re: gims]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
JJ and JC, my mom would have been furious with a capital F if someone had wrapped, TP'd, or rolled our yard. There were 6 of us girls and one of us, if not all, would have had to clean it up if it had happened - not that it ever would have. At the time, our city was pretty small and everyone knew our family, so they pretty much knew my mom and her "ways" - ways no one in their right mind would dare mess with!!!

#104339 - 01/25/07 05:27 AM Re: How...? Re: Craziest or outlandish thing... [Re: gims]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Some of the stuff I've done might be unprintable! Or at the very least, freak out or offend about half the women here.

So I'll mention one of my lesser exploits:
In one of my college art classes, we were supposed to build something -- "something" not particularly defined. Most students made projects that could be carried.

I built a doorway, out of lumber and an old screen door, with some pretty funky paint and decorations. And I secured it right in the middle of the stairs going up to my art class, so people had to conscientiously make an effort to go around it.

And then I sat there for 2 days between my classes (until a teacher told me to take it down or else!!!) and recorded how everyone reacted to my doorway. I even "interviewed" a few of them.

Poet and essayist

#104340 - 01/25/07 08:28 AM Re: How...? Re: Craziest or outlandish thing... [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
A door in the middle of a staircase? hoo hoo ha aaaa? Hope you got the best grade for that one!
Were you an art major Meredith?

#104341 - 01/25/07 02:13 PM Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: gims]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
gimster,
That's outlandish, all right!!!! I wouldn't want to be the one to clean up that mess.
I know how to delete when in the process of posting a post, it's a day or two later, after I've mulled it over and decided I ran-off at the mouth more I should've. Then I go back and can't find a darn edit button: all I see are reply, quote, and quick reply.
You know, I went back and looked at that post yesterday. When I read how much it made you laugh, that made me laugh. I re-read the thing and got hysterical; I laughed till I cried! Never before had I found that scenario funny. The ability to laugh at yourself, is great medicine. You're good for the soul, my friend.
Ciao for now,
B. Rose

P.S. The edit button is here now!!!

Edited by bonnierose333 (01/25/07 02:17 PM)

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved