The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#104352 - 01/26/07 08:57 AM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Yes Dee!!! But did you say he was hunky? Weeeell then, that explains everything!

#104353 - 01/26/07 10:01 AM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Edelweiss]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Bonnierae, would you mind putting your "state" in your profile? That would help as you are in MN, right? Bonnierose is in NY? I think I have that correct. Right?

Meredith, that deserves a "you go girl" (years later, even). That's like something I'd like to have the guts to do. I definitely would have been too timid to do it in my school years, but, even today, I'd find myself reasoning myself out of it. I majored in art, also... ended up in the accounting field... found I loved pushing numbers around better. There is a such thing as "creative" accounting, BTW, I just never used it.

My question is, Dee, was them being "hunky" an important part of your story? Had they been funky, instead, would you feel the same? Would you have even gone through with it?
I've never mooned , but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express.

#104354 - 01/26/07 01:33 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You ALL are crazy. I can't imagine 25 truckers all snoring at the same time. Your story would make a great book.

Dee, I wasn't the one mooning, but I was in a car with several girls when one of our friends mooned all these guys in front of a bar on the busiest street in town. no one saw their reaction because all of us ducked. It didn't matter thought because there was so much laughter it was well worth it.

Now we know who to double dare when we all get together.

I'm such a weenie. I wouldn't even do something on a triple dare.

Hannelore, your motorcycle story was awesome. Girl, you've got guts.

#104355 - 01/26/07 01:41 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing...
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Hannalore, I love your motorcycle story! You are an adventurer!

I will try anything once and have had some pretty cool adventures. But the craziest thing I've ever done was purchase my house, which was a bank repossessed house and needed everything done to it. I had never done any type of repairs ever in my life, so for the first time, I've done plumbing, replaced all the light fixtures and electrical outlets, stained or painted every inch, both inside and out, laid laminate fooring, jack-hammered up some old tile, cut down trees and repaired my lawn mower. All this so my dog could have a yard.

laurapoplin.com

#104356 - 01/26/07 02:01 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Daisygirl]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Daisy, that is one lucky dog!

Think of how much you have learned since purchasing that house. More power to you, this is a risk taking adventure you have been on and I congratulate you.

#104357 - 01/26/07 03:31 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing...
bonnierae Offline

Quote:

You ALL are crazy. I can't imagine 25 truckers all snoring at the same time. Your story would make a great book.

Many times I have thought to do that but only got as far as writing the story of my families tangled, twisted life for my children,grandchildren,and all my neices and nephews. Had it bound and gave each a copy.I did this the Christmas
after my mother passed away. All of the grandchildren were so close to "grandma" and really missed her during the holiday season. Grandma was christmas.

The 25 snoring truckers is only one of my many, many mishaps that occurred because I am always in a hurry.

BTW, I am from MN

Bonnierae
www.mysilverneedle.com
www.mygrandcentralstation.com

#104358 - 01/26/07 03:58 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: bonnierae]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Maybe, I WAS an adventurer. But that was 9 years ago, and bawling like that on the mountain...was not the face of an adventurer. I think I even scared the mountain goats. tee hee.

I agree Daisygirl. Being in real-estate I am very aware that purchasing a house is for many people the most daring thing they have ever done. I may have driven up a mountain, but combating those mortgage loans can be like climbing Mt. Everest. Hats off to you for being able to renovate like that!

#104359 - 01/26/07 04:23 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Another Minnesotan! Welcome to the fold, Bonnierae. Ann

#104360 - 01/26/07 08:21 PM Aha, yelp...2, 4 one... [Re: meredithbead]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dee that was a cool story. I used to bowl with a guy that mooned people a lot. I never had the nerve. But I think it's funny. Chatty, you're right: we're nuts!!! But you can't take yourself too seriously. Life is short. And meredith, B. Rose - that's me - posts on bonnierae's website - myGrandCentralStation!!! It was snt but she changed it. In any case, that's how I met the lady.
Ciao for now,
Bonnie Rose is going to close...

Woops...yell, gimster - I'm from New York--not New York, New York but the State of New York just the same!!!!

Edited by bonnierose333 (01/26/07 08:32 PM)

#104361 - 01/26/07 08:43 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Anno]
bonnierae Offline

Quote:

Another Minnesotan! Welcome to the fold, Bonnierae. Ann

What part. I was born up north in God's country, now I live close to MPLS, about 35 miles west

Bonnierae
www.mysilverneedle.com
www.mygrandcentralstation.com

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved