The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#104362 - 01/27/07 02:09 AM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: bonnierae]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hannelore...I slept on the side of the Zugspitz in the hotel that hangs off the side of the highest mountain in Germany. It was on the last day of ski season and the next morning I awoke to Wagner playing (something very grand) and the skiers zig zagging down the sloaps below...it was the most incredible sight I've ever seen.
I am terrified of motor cycles (at least being on one) and would never have the guts to do what you did. I would have started crying the minute I left and wouldn't stop until I was at the end kissing the ground and thank God I'd made it. You go girl!!!!

#104363 - 01/27/07 11:34 AM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hey Dee, I live about a good hour's drive from the Zugspitze! Wow staying overnight there must be a beautiful experience. Hope you had a good clear view, blues skies so you could see the hundred's of mountain peaks.

I remember taking my brother there for the first time. We arrived during the week and early in the morning; the place was empty. Only this one man helped us out of the gondola. He was about 100 years old, had long white hair and a long beard. My brother looked around at the empty platform and back at the man and asked, " Excuse me, are you God?"

The guy grinned back at us, not a tooth in his face, and said," No my son, I'm God's helper."

I still have to chuckle when I think of that.

#104364 - 01/27/07 01:20 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, can I hang out with you? You're always up to something fun. I just love your stories. You and your brother sound so close. Is this the one who is single that you visited when you were in the states?

Daisy, I admire you for all you've done on the house. How did you learn to do all that? Our home was a wreck when we purchased it many years ago so I've done the painting and wallpapering gigs, but never plumbing or electrical. That scares the heck out of me. You go girl!

#104365 - 01/27/07 09:16 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing...
Edelweiss Offline

Of course Dotsie! And I promise you I won't moon anyone. ha ha...They'd probably think I was showing them a road map, and dig for their glasses.

#104366 - 01/28/07 01:44 AM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Edelweiss]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hey...don't knock mooning till you try it...LOL. Hannelore, I can't believe you live in that beautiful part of the world. OMG it's really awesome. You are soooooooo lucky. You know what I miss? Konig Coffee. (I think that's how it's pronounced...it's Dutch, I think). And Currywurst...the dark sausage with the sauce...yum. AND believe it or not smoked mackrel for breakfast...I KNOW everyone who hasn't tried this is going to think I've really lost it this time, but it's really good. I can't find that anywhere down here in the south. I could go on and on about what I miss about living in Germany...but, I wont'...I'll just make myself depressed.

#104367 - 01/28/07 12:07 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Dee]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
it's fun reading what you ladies got up too. I just know you are tamming it down in order for it to be printible on the board, mind ya some may have to tone down more than others....you ladies know who i mean yes ya feel my eyes looking at you don't ya!!!

selective memory at work heer also in my case..........

picture this...
I had too give an inspired address at church. i am in front of a couple hundred people. I wasen't too woried and was smirking a lot confident id find the words to say. Bear in mind that i had moved house during the week and couldn't find anything smart enough to wear...I bent over to the vice presedent of the church and whispered to her she bent over started laughing and could hardly stop to address the congrigasion...wiping tears from her eyes....

ALL i had said to her was " can you tell i am wearing my new pajamas up heer"...purple silk manderine coler chinise style pajamas....it was all i could find that was clean pressed and smart.......the talk went well i get fuelled up on hummer.....

I was driving throw spain, i also took a motorcycle from edinburge to spain to live for a year and had to travel over the peeks of europe in the night.....the streetlights stoped a quarter way up the mountain i rember just praying and praying couse all i had was a small circle of light from my head lamps and total darkness like i never experinced before.....i was scared my pillion pasenger know it couse we had intercomes in the helmets so theyd get my heavy breathing as my hart beat incressed and mutterings of prayers under my breath right in their ear...they just giggled every once in a while....

....we had passed leon (spain) on the way to Madrid another night.|I was tired in the middle of the night so decided to stop and we would pitch a tent on a patch of grass beside the road. In the morning their was a lot of traffike noise so i unsipped the tent to find that the wee patch of grass was the middle island of the road in the duel carrigeway...with cars and lorries zooming up and down either side of us, i was embarrised, well again at night it was very quite and no street lamos, honestly how was a girl to know....lol

#104368 - 01/28/07 12:28 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss Offline

Oh maaaan! Camping in the middle of a traffic island!?! hahaha. We are all writing book material here. Hey if there are any author snoops out there...this is all copywrited!!!!

#104369 - 01/28/07 12:30 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

oh i miss my mototbykes i only riden once in four years couldn't let go of it to sell it untill spring last year it's been a liftime of fun with some resonable tumbles......Ironicly it was a car crash that almost killed me...I got so scared i wouldn't drive a car..then a mate had his bike i had a mad urge, he gave me his helmet and off i went.....i came back a short time later to a very angery and scared po.....but at lest it got me back driving a car again....oh lifetime of love lol

i havent dun anything dangerise since i was pregnant...before that we would wave jump, thats off some rooks anything from 30 feet pluss (too way higher) into the sea. Probly bravest part is getting into the sea never mind the jumping bit lol its soooo cold lol

Absailed in the middle of the night 90 feet from a via duckt, last time we did this i took po she had her first absail, i did it face first, I thought i was flying or peter pan.....we climbed up the hill to middle of viaduckt (their was about 10 of us) marc was puting on his harness then we hear a great big horn yep a train comming we grapped the raillings and the train wizzed passed 5 feet away...shook the whole viaduct..then the police arrived as we were packing up for the night to remind us we shouldn't be doing it ahhemmm an oversight officer lol thought it was romantic in the moonlight officer lol they let us off thought it funniey i gess, imagine if we gotten arrested for that, at out age eh!! never live the shame down lol

Now i am hankerring for some adrenilane sigh, all i got thse days is shopping on a saterday or sunday, mind you thats wayyyyy to scarry for me ...

thing is if the child weer to do any off that when he a bit older i be more scared than can say hmmmmm he better never know lol ok ladies don't be giving him ideas lol

celtic_flame

#104370 - 01/28/07 12:41 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

hehehhe hannilore

a girl from boston why would that stop or hinder anything
a girl from Boston....do just about anyting she likes lol and i am sure you would in the nicest possible way you wee imp ya lol

celtic_flame

#104371 - 01/28/07 01:34 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: celtic_flame]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
ladies I have to tell you about my version of absailing off the via duct.
I was still recovereing from a massive brain bleed and fractured skull and was six months down the line from that!! One of the pshchological hangovers from that was, I was afraid to walk anywere..for fear of tripping. I always had been afraid of heights anyhow..two rungs up the ladder and I would have vertico attacks kinda gal.!
Celtic and I had had a (minor fall out) the day we were due to do this absail for oabout 10 ft...then the other ninety was a free fall....so realy it was a drop of 100ft!!!!..When I was first told about it ...60ft!!!
I had to have my b.p checked with my doc to see if I could participate..and I could!!
We all travelled..and even though it was all picture and no sound with celtic and me...I clung to her for the next hour and a half.
So evEryone was buzzing...a couple of guys went over the top first...then I got brave and stepped inTo the harness.......so scared. The guys were all egging me on. The climb over the rails and onto thee tiniest of ledge terrified me beyond beleif. I clung to the railings and listened intently to what our instructer(mate) was saying...once he ran it all through with me...he said.'let go and let God'...when I heard that, far from reassured...I wanted to scuttle back up again...but then caught sight of celtics pride...I mouthed I love you at her(oh the pure drama!!!!)...and off I went. I slowed myself to a stop and peered up into hte moonlight sky...I looked down..nothing but tiny dots of light(mates with torches)...and just felt such a part of everything. It was beautiful,.....
until I remembered something from my pshc days...and that was that!! ...I was in hysterics...laughing!!
When I got back up to where the others were...I recounted a story....I told them.."the last time I was hanging from a bridge like this was when I was a teenager...there were five psychiatric nurses..one armed with a needle"..Obviously I didn't jump then!!!But I laughed and sniggered the whole way home. Celtic and I also made up....awwww.

(Hmmmmmmmmmm...odd sorta make up date...throwing me off a viadict...eh??)

popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved