The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#104372 - 01/28/07 03:14 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Poppie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Po, you're so funny! I loved when you said "All picture and no sound" - that is perfect!

I'm guessing when you "absail" it's like bungee jumping? That's when you are in a harness and leap off a bridge and the stretchy rope keeps you from reaching the ground/water - hopefully?

#104373 - 01/28/07 03:46 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Translated to American English: abseiling is rapelling, Kathy. Quite different to bungee jumping, which is what it is called here as well.

#104374 - 01/28/07 04:20 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I am still bent over laughing at the cat story. That totally sounds like something that would happen to me. I have stumbled into the bathroom at night, half awake, and plopped down to what I thought was the toilet seat only to miss it. That will wake you up too, but a cat! That is so funny!

I love all of your stories. Maybe we should write a collaborative book and call it, Mooning, Motorcycles, and Me...or, Who Moved My Cat?

Or maybe YOU DID WHAT?!

Where's Chick or Jane when you need them. They're always coming up with good titles.

#104375 - 01/28/07 04:40 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Lola]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Quote:

Translated to American English: abseiling is rapelling, Kathy. Quite different to bungee jumping, which is what it is called here as well.

Thanks Lola. I don't have the nerve to do either one!

#104376 - 01/28/07 05:17 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: jawjaw]
bonnierae Offline

Quote:

I am still bent over laughing at the cat story. That totally sounds like something that would happen to me. I have stumbled into the bathroom at night, half awake, and plopped down to what I thought was the toilet seat only to miss it. That will wake you up too, but a cat! That is so funny!

I love all of your stories. Maybe we should write a collaborative book and call it, Mooning, Motorcycles, and Me...or, Who Moved My Cat?

I can laugh now, but at the time of the cat and then trying to get back home I lost my sense of humor. My husband still gives me a hard time over that and a couple of other blunders of mine, all because I was in a hurry.

Driving thru the garage door without opening it was another really,really dumb thing to do as was walking into a post at JacksonHole, WY and some taken part in the Old West shootout thought I had been shot.
I have no idea why everything I do has to be at 90 miles an hour.

Bonnierae

#104377 - 01/29/07 10:52 AM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: bonnierae]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Thank god your heer to translate lola,.....

and po im sure i not the only one to occasionaly daydream about throwing their parters off a bridge... ......anyway i didn't throw, you jumped....honest officer/my loard!!!!

celtic_flame

#104378 - 01/29/07 02:09 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: celtic_flame]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Dotsie,

I learned by reading the directions. If you can read you can do ANYTHING! Well, almost.

laurapoplin.com

#104379 - 01/30/07 03:55 AM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Daisygirl]
Dee Offline

I have great respect for anyone who can jump off anything higher than my front porch. My Goodness...talk about having guts...My hats off to you guys for having the nerve to do something like that. Wow. I'd have had to change my clothes.

#104380 - 01/30/07 11:31 AM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This site is never boring!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#104381 - 01/30/07 05:54 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Poppie]
Dee Offline

Popea...oh, how you make me laugh with your stories and humor.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved