The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#105750 - 02/17/07 11:26 PM I don't understand that...Re: Go 4 it gabrielle, [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Yeah, right......

#105751 - 02/18/07 12:40 AM I don't understand that...Re: Go 4 it gabrielle, [Re: Lola]
gabrielle52 Offline

Loc: upstate New York
Answers to questions: There are 2 Ice Hotels in the world that I am aware of. One is in Canada and the other is in
Sweeden I believe. I understand that you spend one night in the hotel and then they have other accomodations. But the bar is made of ice as are the beds and the whole hotel. I understand the hotel is rebuilt every winter. Plus, there are many winter sports to partake in. I would love to go there and hope I will sometime soon.
Second, the "Stud Farm" is for real. Heidi Fleiss is getting approvals for it as we speak. I don't know what approvals she has gotten yet, but from what I understand it is a project in the works for the next year. Of course, it is men that must give approvals, and while they have many places in Nevada for the benefit of men, this may be a little difficult to swallow for men.....pun intended. If I hear anything more, I will keep you posted.

#105752 - 02/18/07 12:55 AM I don't understand that...Re: Go 4 it gabrielle, [Re: gabrielle52]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I believe the ice hotel is in Quebec somewhere.

As for NewLeaf's remarks...I had no idea there was a meltdown until now.

#105753 - 02/18/07 11:30 AM I don't understand that...Re: Go 4 it gabrielle, [Re: orchid]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Newleaf....you are doung exactly as I suspected and said you would do when I posted you in private and asked that you did not equate 'murder, rape, c/s/a and autism with homosexuality', spilling your wickedness and running. The actions of a coward. I personaly was prepared to let by gones be so....but still you insist on creating your own special little brand of offence. You are a bigot, and predjudice such as yours is rampant, it does not just offend....IT KILLS!
How dare you attack Celtic on her 'murder' of the english language...HOW DARE YOU! Have you no wit at all?? Celtic could and would run rings around you verbally....and with the written word.

Anyone who understands the basic premise of dyslexia would also know that children who were dyslexic over the last few decades were treated as 'stupid'...a word you seem quite fond of bandying about. Celtic is but a tiny step off her PHD and is in the top 2/4 percent of people with outstanding IQ's in the U.K. Quite a stark difference from you're thrown together assaults.

Our son has more understanding of consequence than you appear to have. I do not have an issue with telling you at this point that no woman with her mind and heart intact will fall for you passive/aggressive nonscense.

We all have troubles of our own...each and every one of us I am sure...but rarely I see them reflected in such negative directions in the forums. Your loathing of all that you do not understand does not give you any special pardon or licence to hurt and wound anyone. If you are having such a hard time...don't dare even think about taking it out on me or mine. Such self absorbtion can only hurt you further...but must you hurt others at any given opportunity?

I for one do not need your respect...it has been obvious for long enough that you have no respect!

Your posts have been self-seeking dribble...with chaos bieng all you seem to thrive on. No one ever asked you to accept 'homosexuality'....or anything else that you have ranted on about. All I ask for is common decency and manners, from anyone I come in contact with...simple.

If I was black or any other racial minority...would it be acceptable to verbally assault me?? No...so the same is true for homosexuality and associated lifestyles.

Run.....or why not face up for once and apologise.

Popea

#105754 - 02/18/07 12:23 PM I don't understand that...Re: Go 4 it gabrielle, [Re: Poppie]
gabrielle52 Offline

To answer the question of "what is an IED?". It's a military term for Improvised Explosive Device. The homemade bombs the enemy uses in Iraq against our troops and around the world. I never expected my original question to provide such a platform for a soapbox.

#105755 - 02/18/07 01:42 PM I don't understand that...Re: Go 4 it gabrielle, [Re: gabrielle52]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yea you can rent a soap box heer lol just leave a deposit with the doorperson lol....
their was nuthing wrong with your original question, or attitude or line of answerring or attitude to life any of it..so no worries i hope on your part...

Ied i will try to rember that and its meaning.....

well i learned another important thing but about a week too late (sigh) i am just back from London and they have a ice bar their....i didnt know...i be their with a cushion (dont want piles) for a coke next time i am in london....

have you visited any of the other forums, it took me a while to work my way around naviagatting the site....have you been postting their or found anything that grabs your attension?

celtic

#105756 - 02/18/07 01:54 PM I don't understand that...Re: Go 4 it gabrielle, [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
These forums are hear to connect, encourage and support boomer women. Unfortuantely, all of us can't agree and be on the same page with our belief systems. That is life. LIke Mom used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all." I ask that the bickering please come to an end. Thank you. I really don't want to have to close this thread.

I'm going to have to Google ice castles because this is something I know nothing about. Beds made out of ice? Did you really say that?

#105757 - 02/18/07 03:54 PM I don't understand that...Re: Go 4 it gabrielle,
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Wasn't there an ice castle in one of James Bonds' movies?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#105758 - 02/18/07 05:07 PM I don't understand that...Re: Go 4 it gabrielle, [Re: Dianne]
gabrielle52 Offline

Here's a website for the Ice Hotel in Canada:
www.icehotel-canada.com. I understand they rebuild them every year because they melt eventually. I've heard the one in Sweden is even more spectacular.

#105759 - 02/18/07 05:23 PM I don't understand that...Re: Go 4 it gabrielle, [Re: gabrielle52]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
"Cool" site!

Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved