The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#108182 - 02/20/07 07:39 PM Re: The most horrible day of my life. I killed my [Re: TVC15]
Mountain Ash Offline

Re the book...I have dipped into it and the author has a spcial way of seeing and will I feel give you some comfort.One passage in particular resounds.A lady going through what you are experiencing just now.
Talk about timing...books do this to me.
Title... Animals and the Afterlife
Author....Kim Sheridan
isbn 1-3019-0889-6
Mountain ash

#108183 - 02/20/07 09:25 PM Re: The most horrible day of my life. I killed my [Re: Mountain Ash]
madhatter Offline

Loc: North Florida
I am so sorry for your loss. Animals are the angels in our lives, and certainly, most are more noble than people.

A couple of years ago, I had to make the call on putting my sweet goldie down. She had cancer, and it was time, but I couldn't help but feel I had actually killed her. To make matters worse, I could not be there at the time. She went bad suddenly, and at a time when I just could not leave the office (most of the staff was out with the flu). For weeks, I felt overwhelming grief and sadness, but something a dear friend of mine said helped. This particular friend is very intuitive, and often can read people and situations in advance.

She said,"animals are not like people in that they hold no sense of blame. Their last thoughts when they leave us are pictures they hold in their minds of our beloved faces. They are as close to pure love as any living thing can come on this planet."

Funny, isn't it? How some pets just become part of us? I have had many cats and dogs in my life, but a few stand out.

Be good to yourself.

My best,

madhatter

#108184 - 02/21/07 12:50 AM Re: The most horrible day of my life. I killed my [Re: TVC15]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Darlene,
I cried when I read you post . You had no idea that you dog was even on his way out the door and I know how you feel . We lost our beloved 11 year old yorkie form seizures in July 26th,2004 and I shall always miss her very much , but you dog knows that you did not do this on purpose and she understands. Time will help heal your pain , but not the loss of your beloved friend.

Blessings,
Renee

#108185 - 02/21/07 01:18 AM Re: The most horrible day of my life. I killed my [Re: Sadie]
Emyjay Offline

Madhatter,

The quote you posted is so beautiful and I believe strongly that what your friend said is true.

Darlene, I hope you are reading these posts. I hope you read that quote. It's odd, but that very same kind of thought -- that all Beau remembers is your face and love for him -- that thought crossed my mind, earlier today.

As for religious proof of where Beau is, this is something no one could assure you of. But, most certainly God loves all He created and He created your Beau. To believe this, accept this, you will have to rely on "faith."

I am not Catholic, but I know about St. Francis of Assisi. I have been Baptist, Methodist and most recently, a frequent visitor to St. Lukes Lutheran Church. I know that St. Lukes has a special day when the pastors bless pets.It is my understanding that this church recognizes Gods love for all living creatures. If we accept that there is an afterlife for humans, why would this belief not extend to all living creatures?

As for me, I believe that Beau is at Rainbow Bridge, heaven for pets and all animals, as well. I choose to believe that this is true, although I have no proof.

Mountain Ash, thank you for posting the name of that book. I need a copy, myself.

(((((((((Darlene)))))))

Tonight, I will like a candle for you and for Beau.

Emily in Maryland, who owns four cocker spaniels and believes that Max, Smokie, Samantha, and Andy are waiting at the bridge . . .

#108186 - 02/21/07 01:27 AM Re: The most horrible day of my life. I killed my [Re: TVC15]
whittlewoman Offline

Loc: upstate New York
Here's something someone provided me when my beloved kitten, Juba died.

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet
goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special
friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water
and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals that had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor.
Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we
remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy
and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special
to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops
and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body
quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green
grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy
kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and
you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from
your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

#108187 - 02/21/07 09:06 PM Re: The most horrible day of my life. I killed my dog! [Re: WhatStopsYou]
Penny Offline

Loc: Texas
There are no words to make what you feel go away. I understand totally. I'm still not over a very special dog I lost almost three years ago now. However, I do have some great resources on my website to share with you.
Pets By Penny Pet Grieving & Loss

I also know several good pet communicators that are not phonies or rip offs, if you want that type of help. If you aren't sure about animal communication, read Marta Williams book, Beyond Words, and visit her website. Marta Williams

There's so much we don't know about this world around us, and it's wonderful to explore all of it. If you have someone near you who does Reiki, check on getting a session for yourself. The energy balancing is a great help too.

Visit PetsByPenny.com
[url= [url=http://www.petsbypenny.com]http://www.petsbypenny.com] [url=http://www.petsbypenny.com]http://www.petsbypenny.com[/url] [/url]
A one-stop guide to resources, free Q&A,
articles, and products for pets and people.

#108188 - 02/22/07 09:17 PM Re: The most horrible day of my life. I killed my dog! [Re: Penny]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
whatsstopsyou

just wonderring how you doing in all this as you havent been about the boards. How you holding up today?
celtic

#108189 - 02/23/07 04:34 PM Re: The most horrible day of my life. I killed my dog! [Re: celtic_flame]
Emyjay Offline

Celtic,

I've been thinking about Darlene, also. I keep checking, but haven't seen a reply post.

Emily in Maryland

#108190 - 02/24/07 03:43 AM Re: The most horrible day of my life. I killed my dog! [Re: Emyjay]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yea emjay i get worried bout some people that going throw a hard time then they vanish. I hope its becouse their bussie or something then find out they have been but things got a bit worse for them.
I hope thats not the case this time, i the little spreader of doom tonight ah well better luck next post
celtic

#108191 - 02/24/07 09:10 PM Re: The most horrible day of my life. I killed my dog! [Re: celtic_flame]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I PM'd her. Maybe we will hear from her soon.

chick

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved