The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 16 of 16 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16
Topic Options
#110416 - 05/26/07 12:53 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: chickadee]
Emyjay Offline

Good morning ladies,

I haven't read Jane's blog yet, but definitely will as soon as I'm finished writing.

Guess what Eagle? My birthday is in July also. July 17, as a matter of fact. I say that I don't believe in astrology, but do seem to have met many women (in groups) etc. who are very sensitive, have depression challenges and are Cancers!

Eagle, you are very sensitive, you are very caring, and you've been caretaking someone for what sounds like two years. That's the same amount of time I spent caretaking my dad and then my very best, lifelong friend. I'm sure that you, just like I did, put your heart and most of your energy into these loving acts.

But, caretaking is draining and then there is the grief that follows. I think it's a very good idea for you to keep seeing that therapist, if you like her. (I'm still hunting for a long-term one.) If she seems too expensive, could you ask her if she goes by a sliding scale? My old therapist, who now wants to be my therapist again, does that for me because he doesn't take insurance.

Also, I went to a Hospice support group after my dad died. In our county, Hospice divides it's groups into the type of death and age of participant. In other words, I went to a group for Adult Children who have lost a parent. This was a very big help to me.

I'm wondering if Hospice operates in your neck of the woods. If so, I would urge you to participate in one of their support groups. You could make some friends there, too. Or does a nearby hospital have a support group for grieving people?

Well, I have to go see the "medicine doctor" so I have to get off of here.

Hang on Eagle, you've been through something like this before and come out of it. Write me anytime. At my e-mail address, if you like.

Much love goes to you from Maryland today and always.

Emily

#110417 - 05/26/07 06:22 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Emyjay]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Emily,

Your post has more 'energy' today...yeah!!!!! Hope it is a good day!

#110418 - 05/26/07 08:50 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Emyjay Offline

Yea, it does Jane! I'm taking it cautiously. Taking what I can get even if it's a quarter or half of a day. Looking for the good. Talking to myself a great deal, too. I'm telling myself that I've made it through depressions before and that I'll make it through, once again.

So, you are so right, Jane Carroll! I do feel much more like the old me. By the way, I love the hat you are wearing in your picture. I love hats. Also, they protect you from the sun, blocking the possibility of new and deeper wrinkles!

Love,
Emily

#110419 - 05/27/07 11:52 AM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Emyjay]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Emily,

Thanks on the hat...it's sort of a bright pink...the picture was taken on one of the most fun evenings of my life...we had a bridal shower for my youngest daughter that afternoon...so both the girls were in town...I think we knew that our lives were changing...so we savored every minute of it...we laughed and played...and took so many pictures...5 rolls I think...we all took turns wearing the hat...we took crazy pictures of my conservative daughter modeling her new lingere...over her jeans...no less...anyway...early the next morning we had triple prints made of everything...and then they were on their way...

I'm glad you're having some fun moments...
Jane

Page 16 of 16 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved