The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#116499 - 05/28/07 08:17 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Edelweiss]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Pride is a big issue with me and always has been. I just can't admit to anyone I know what kind of shape I'm in financially. I'm looking for a housemate right now. I'm getting the room ready. I'm really praying for the right person.

THAT will help a LOT. Someone to help with expenses. Oh, my husband offered to move in my home and his great offer was that he would pay half of the house payment and utilities and cable and then he would keep his bank account and I could keep mine. Oh, such a deal!! He said it was because he didn't want one dime to go to my daughter or my &^%$ grandkids.

I'm only telling you this because I am filing for a divorce Wednesday. I want to start a new life and that worry free and stress free. I've been happy and content living alone. Aaliyah and I even painted the porch together...she got more paint on herself and the screen than on the wood, but it looks so much better!

#116500 - 05/28/07 08:27 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
That sounds like a great idea to get a housemate! Maybe someone who could even watch the grandchildren once in a while? Make sure you get at least 3 to 5 references to check out. Good luck on that and stay srong for your divorce.

You are in control girl!

#116501 - 05/29/07 12:57 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Edelweiss]
NewLeaf Offline

The ideal housemate would be a male in his late thirties or early to mid forties who loves children (but not too much!!)..who is funny and kind and loves to cook and play with children...someone who loves dogs and guenia pigs...and loves to do household chores such as painting and minor repairs...who loves classical music, fine wine and fine dining...AND who has a bright and optimistic outlook on life and loves God.

Geeze! I'd pay HIM to stay with us!! LOL

#116502 - 05/29/07 02:30 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Newleaf, I'll be praying as you file Wednesday, I'm glad your taking postive steps.

#116503 - 05/29/07 03:57 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

The ideal housemate would be a male in his late thirties or early to mid forties who loves children (but not too much!!)..who is funny and kind and loves to cook and play with children...someone who loves dogs and guenia pigs...and loves to do household chores such as painting and minor repairs...who loves classical music, fine wine and fine dining...AND who has a bright and optimistic outlook on life and loves God.

Geeze! I'd pay HIM to stay with us!! LOL

I don't mean to be cheeky, but a female housemate could fit the bill also, Newleaf...after all I know some mechanically inclined women.

Is there a reason why the housemate needs to be male?
I hope the grandkids have another adult male (an uncle, cousin, etc.?) who they know and is a good role model. He doesn't need to live there.

#116504 - 05/29/07 04:18 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: orchid]
NewLeaf Offline

Oh, I know, Orchid, but I get along much better with males than I do females. I don't know why, but even just purely platonic relationships are best for me when the other is a male.

I really don't know why, but when you put me and another female together its just like putting two pit bulls together. We wind up at each other's throats. I'm not like most females I've ever known. I think like a male. This worried me at different times in my life so I went for testing to see why. What I found was that I use both the left and right sides of my brain and when presented with a problem, try to solve it and get frustrated when I can't come up with a solution.

Relationships aren't the most important aspects of my life, my success in living is. I think of myself as a leader and there are many other finger prints of male thinking that I have. Yet, I remain very feminine and very female. I have the voice and appearance of an angel and the personality of General Patton. Would you want to live with someone like that???

Men don't seem to mind. We can talk about politics, fixing cars, engines, women, philosophical issues, laugh, grunt and wrestle and go out merry ways. Men seem to adore me and can't get enough of me. Women seem to hate the very sight of me. I'm not trying to bring up any issues...its just the truth. I've lived a long time and that's been my experience.

#116505 - 05/29/07 04:21 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

Oh, the ex is trying so hard once again to weasel his way back into my affections. He knows how tender hearted I am. I'm so proud of myself though!! I came home by myself to my own home even though he tried to get me to come to his place.

I didn't answer his text message. I'm home and loving it!

Please, please continue to pray that I don't get suckered in again and have the strength to go ahead Wednesday and file.

Its the only way I'm going to get my self back. I want to be "selfish" for a while and focus on me. Is that so bad?

#116506 - 05/29/07 04:24 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

Oh, I

I really don't know why, but when you put me and another female together its just like putting two pit bulls together. We wind up at each other's throats. I'm not like most females I've ever known. I think like a male. This worried me at different times in my life so I went for testing to see why. What I found was that I use both the left and right sides of my brain and when presented with a problem, try to solve it and get frustrated when I can't come up with a solution.

R know, Orchid, but I get along much better with males than I do females. I don't know why, but even just purely platonic relationships are best for me when the other is a male.elationships aren't the most important aspects of my life, my success in living is. I think of myself as a leader and there are many other finger prints of male thinking that I have. Yet, I remain very feminine and very female. I have the voice and appearance of an angel and the personality of General Patton. Would you want to live with someone like that???

Men don't seem to mind. We can talk about politics, fixing cars, engines, women, philosophical issues, laugh, grunt and wrestle and go out merry ways. Men seem to adore me and can't get enough of me. Women seem to hate the very sight of me. I'm not trying to bring up any issues...its just the truth. I've lived a long time and that's been my experience.

Up to you. Do have any sisters or female cousins that you know/knew?

I've never met a woman who never got along with another woman. Even the most aggressive women I've met.

Share the limelight woman. You've got miles to go here.

#116507 - 05/29/07 04:26 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Edelweiss]
NewLeaf Offline

Wow, Chick, I read the webpage about the torso. Sometimes I scare myself at how intuitive I can be. That's exactly how I see him, as a person who feeds off another, who can't be happy or survive without someone else to use and feed off their personality, their strength, their emotions, etc.

He is the most insecure person I've ever met and so, so afraid of losing his mind. What he doesn't realize is that he lost it a long time ago.

#116508 - 05/29/07 03:28 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

Orchid, my mom loves me but just sort of says "Oh, that Rhonda, you know how she is". She wishes I were more like my sister who is Martha Stewart's clone. She sews, has her own upholstery business, is married to a successful executive, has four children who are very bright and successful.

I don't know how to explain it, but I just don't relate well to women. I can empathize and joke right along and discuss some women's issues, but when it gets right down to the intimate, would call a friend in the middle of the night and I know he'd be there. No competition or jealousy but pure friendship, all of my closest friends have been men.

Men don't get too emotional and seem to be more rational. I've had women turn on me in a heartbeat and rip straight through to the core. I don't feel understood by women but men seem to understand what I'm thinking and feeling and why. We problem solve together. They can freely talk to me about their wives and girlfriends and we laugh and joke about life in general.

Even issues regarding their children, I can discus with them freely. Of course, sometimes we get too close or at least feel too close, then it gets uncomfortable, but then you just draw the line again and laugh about it and go on.

I don't trust women. There aren't any close women in my life but my three daughters and I would die for any one of them but many of their best friends are male also even though my daughters are all lovely and very feminine.

Page 5 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved