The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 209 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#116569 - 07/13/07 08:08 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: turtle]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
I actually like men. They aren't all bad. :-))
It's just a matter of developing a discerning eye and some good, healthy boundaries.

#116570 - 07/13/07 08:47 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Casey]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I agree, Casey. Some of my favorite people are men.

I would never want to be without my girlfriends, tho.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#116571 - 08/11/07 07:48 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Anno]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
I love men as you all know. If most wars are started by men then there was a woman in the background somewhere egging it on...lol Some of the most notorious battles were fought over a woman.

While women usually aren't on the front lines, they are usually just as influential as the front line generals whispering in the ears of their men and making suggestions. Sometimes covert activities are just as profound as overt ones.

#116572 - 08/11/07 08:13 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I like men and women. I guess I gravitate towards the ones having the most fun.

#116573 - 08/11/07 09:20 PM Re: Its Officially Over...
NewLeaf Offline

You're funny Dotsie. I have to agree!

#116574 - 08/11/07 10:48 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Some of the worlds most successful and treacherous spys have been women. Read your history books and see, or google female spys...Guess its just in our nature, LOL!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#116575 - 08/12/07 03:00 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: chatty lady]
NewLeaf Offline

I love peace, but not at any price. When things get too boring I've been known to stir the waters a bit just for the entertainment of it.

Peace means different things to different people. To me peace is just the absence of constant conflict. I'm not niave enough to believe that there will never be conflict in my life. Conflict just serves to make the times of calm that much more enjoyable.

#116576 - 08/13/07 02:53 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I used to feel uncomfortable around alot of men..simply because I was raised in a family that had alot of girls and my closest friends were and are still women.

Of course, my partner is a male best "friend", in the most intimate way. But at this time in life, I don't have platonic close friendships with other specific men regularily by going out to have drinks/lunches with them. Partially because relocation to a different province, just has made it long process to develop good friendships...of any gender.

But after working in several workplaces where the majority of employees are men, ...it's just as abit boring as a place with predominantly women.

I am not comfortable with men who view women as sexual objects...these men have no place in my life. I have a lover/lifelong partner already...so I just ignore these guys...life is short.

And I now get a little impatient with any man or woman who is afraid of trying something new.

#116577 - 08/13/07 06:13 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: orchid]
NewLeaf Offline

That's a pet peeve of mine too. I don't know what happens, but it seems all growth stops at a certain age or stage of development and from that time on the person wears their hair the same, listens to the same kind of music, like the same style of clothes and shoes, watches reruns of the same sitcoms, likes the same kind of people and forms of entertainment and that's it!
Anything else is foreign and alien to them or just too much trouble to explore and examine or even try.

My ex is 60. Listens to nothing but doowoop, wears the same white tennis shoes and polo shirts with denim shorts, has worn his hair the same way for 40 years, drinks the same brand of beer, watches the same shows on TV and wouldn't dance if his life depended on it. Likes only pork and chicken and order.

#116578 - 08/14/07 07:41 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
orchid, I can't stand it when men think they're cute and act flirtatious or comment on your figure, their sex life, or other things of that nature. YUK! We recently had an estimate by a boomer man who totally turned me off. I was glad my son was home. He just came across as a flirt. I mean, all we did was ask him to come give us an estimate. What's up with that behaviour. He won't get the job.

NewLeaf, I agree with people who become stagnant, but I like to beleive that boomers are less stagnant than prior generations. What do you think?

Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved