The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#116579 - 08/16/07 02:49 PM Re: Its Officially Over...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I think that men who act like that are insecure and afraid of growing older and no longer being attractive to women. I think I was married to one of those!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#116581 - 08/17/07 10:55 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sorry but even though I do respect some men and admire others I'm not sure I ever want to play the mating game ever again. I adore my girlfriends and feel close to them and comfortable around them, relaxed and we have a ball together, that goes for those here as well. No muss, no fuss, no bother. I can't say that about ANY man I know.
Oh, and thanks Turtle for your comment, I just today saw it!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#116582 - 08/18/07 02:37 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: chatty lady]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Chatty, I haven't reached that place yet. I don't know if I ever will. The cutie dumped me. He came to my house and spent some time with me as I related before. Ever since that time, it seems I was the only one infatuated or having a great time.
He hasn't spoken to me since and I'm at work right now with a broken heart. He is flirting with a cute girl and they sit together all the time. I was just a side step in his life. Its at times like this I wish I could come up with something clever to say or do or something...but I just have to sit here and suffer in silence....an older woman shunned and used and uninteresting. I asked for it and I got just what I asked for.

#116583 - 08/18/07 05:20 AM Re: Its Officially Over...
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

orchid, I can't stand it when men think they're cute and act flirtatious or comment on your figure, their sex life, or other things of that nature. YUK! We recently had an estimate by a boomer man who totally turned me off. I was glad my son was home. He just came across as a flirt. I mean, all we did was ask him to come give us an estimate. What's up with that behaviour. He won't get the job.

NewLeaf, I agree with people who become stagnant, but I like to beleive that boomers are less stagnant than prior generations. What do you think?

Boomers as prone to being less stagnant than previous generations...hmmmmmm. .I still think we like our creature comforts despite some boomers foraying into marathons, hikes and age-defying activities.

What disappoints me alot is younger men, SOME younger than boomer men, who are still chauvinistic/paternalistic..still expect their wives to do the lion's share of childrearing, housework and wives putting their career choices 2nd in priority. Feels like fallout of stagnation from previous generation. (Oops, I guess that's the boomer generation.) Old, old habits die hard.

What boomer men and women have more than previous generations, are more choices in lifestyles/attitudes if they want it and with far less social ostracization (than previous generations), mutually enabling/learning lifestyles that can be psychologically and physically healthier.

It has been said that we live in a more "global" community..access to more information, easier transportation modes to see more different things and MAYBE more multicultural society. HOwever that has to be balanced by the sheer ignorance of some people our age and younger, who don't want to travel far, don't want to try different foods, don't want socialize much with others outside their socio-economic/racial/ethnic group. And these people can be our loved ones, etc.

Sometimes lack of time is the biggest reason, or income...claims that travel is expensive. (yea, sure..on a bike it isn't).

Fear based on the wrong information..can really stunt us.

NewLeaf...I think I've said my share about wrongfully benchmarking yourself in the eyes of men. Men's attitude won't change...but it's your view of yourself and how you see world that needs a fresh turnaround. 180 degrees.

Enough said.

#116584 - 08/19/07 12:07 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: orchid]
NewLeaf Offline

Well, the older I get the less I really know and have to seriously question my filters...I really thought he had just shunned me and had ignored and rejected me when in reality, he called me last night and we talked for a long time.
The reason he doesn't sit by me and talk to me is because he is too overwhelmed by me. He thinks I might not approve of him in some way.
He felt like I didn't even say hi to him or acknowledge him or speak to him. He wants to get together again as soon as we can I guess.
I have no clue about men. I have to admit. I wonder if I even know myself half the time. When we say we will roll with the flow, we really do have to and not trust our own instincts sometimes.

#116585 - 08/19/07 12:48 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
He's young. He's someone's son, could have been like... your son.

Fickle..he's got lots of time...way more than you ahead. He's still playing the field, has his gal pals (or more than that maybe).
Don't waste time thinking much about him. You have much to give to grandchildren, etc. And more to know yourself.

#116586 - 08/19/07 12:46 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
NewLeaf, if you question whether you know yourself, why not take this time to get to know yourself better...before you jump into another relationship you are already questioning. Just a thought.

#116587 - 08/19/07 11:22 PM Re: Its Officially Over...
NewLeaf Offline

My filters are untrustworthy but I know myself very well. I know all my foibles and the reasons for my actions or inactivity. I probably know myself better than most people do and I accept who I am.

The guy is more a man than most adult men I've met. He is warm and intelligent and even if he and I don't wind up hooking up, I still like him a lot and wish him the best. I don't put restrictions on myself that are unnecessary and foolish. Life is here for us to experience and enjoy in its completeness.

Its really stupid to compare this young man to anyone's son...all men are the sons of someone...lol If my son were dating an older woman who looked like me and was the person I am, I would be happy about it for him.

#116588 - 08/19/07 11:27 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
But...you are bouncing from one man to another one. That is the danger.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#116589 - 08/20/07 08:53 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Dianne]
NewLeaf Offline

Well, Dianne, I haven't been with my ex for 3 years as a wife and I haven't dated anyone else in that whole time. I haven't liked anyone in a romantic way for years.

This guy just turns me wrong side out. He is amazing.

Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved