The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#116950 - 04/30/07 11:15 PM Luckiest Girl in the Whole World
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Not quite step parenting, but .....

As many of you know, I have "adopted" Celtic's child as my grandchild. Let me tell you, adoption is never, ever just a child.

I feel like I am on cloud 109. I received a cd today with Celtic and Lucien talking, reading and singing. I cried through most of the tape and when I wasn't crying, I was trying to figure out what they both were saying.

It's one of those presents I will keep forever and a day. I know that I have not only adopted a great grandson, but two wonderful daughters who I love, love, love.

Thank you!

#116951 - 04/30/07 11:45 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
That is so special and I am so very happy for ALL of you. Yes, your daughters are such fine, sweet women and we love them as well! And now you have a grandson. It just doesn't get any better than this, does it? Dotsie has done the world a favor, hasn't she? Connecting souls from hither and yonder.

CONGRATS!

#116952 - 05/01/07 11:06 AM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Absolutely, a big favor to the world! Sure has made a difference in MY life.

#116953 - 05/01/07 01:41 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
How awesome. I hope you bring the CD when we have our next secret meeting so I can enjoy it too.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#116954 - 05/01/07 01:58 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How thoughtful of Celtic and Lucien. I'd love to hear it. What a great idea.

This reminds me of the old pen pals of our youth, but richer.

#116955 - 05/01/07 04:53 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Celtic told me she sent you something REALLY special! But that is just the nicest gift ever.

Oh yes, grandmaw, you are now officially baptised as such...cause you have cried happy grandmaw tears.

#116956 - 05/01/07 04:59 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Edelweiss]
chickadee Offline

What a sweet story, Anno. One of these days you may get to meet each other. Won't that be special.

#116957 - 05/01/07 05:06 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
now i worked out the recording process and gotten lucien used too it (give him a mic he's a star)....and have shown po, she set up for the next one we taking turnes each.

I was lukie to have the first go.....theirs a sequile thought out and being conducted by the other mommie....i can't ruin the surprise though i wanna tell...(couse i can't keep a secrete)

its great you see us both as doughters...out of nappies but just as troubelsom as any other doughters....at lest we at the stage were we might make ya proud....

we know you proud of po alreadie i have to do something now lol..

she the talented one (music, jewlarie, art) i am the prettie one lol.no, the silent one lol, no... i would say i was the smart one but i know she just put a*** on the end of smart ...(she's quick enough )

im blushing and chuffed that your pleased with our idea anno, now we all happie in this house too.

#116958 - 05/01/07 08:48 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Ooops. I made a senile error! I meant to say, Po and Celtic boy, Lucien! Grannie moment,that's for sure.

Yes, Dianne, I will bring the cd for you to hear.
Yep, Dotsie, penpals but much richer.
Hannelore, officially baptised in Grannie tears of pure joy.
Chick - we are planning to meet up this fall. I am hoping and wishing, and planning and praying.

Celtic AND Po, I do think of you as daughters, and I am extrememly proud of you.

BWS ladies - you must know that I heard such gentle, loving care in these voices. Makes a grannie proud.

#116959 - 05/02/07 06:33 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Anno]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Yup..and I am the stroppy one out of the daughters!!! Sorry Mom!!!
I am quite busy just now...but wait till you get my little'project'.....I can't wait for your responce. I am so made up and happy that we can grow with time as part of an extended family...I am toooo excited about the great meeting up in the fall!! How fab...and JJ, this does serve to highlight Dotsies mission....big time

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#116960 - 05/04/07 01:06 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Tell us about the meeting!

#116961 - 05/04/07 02:48 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World
Anno Offline

Right now, it's still a wish and a dream, but...

My sister moved to London this past weekend (I am missing her) and if she decides to stay and finds a way to stay, my want is to visit her in late October, early November or maybe at Christmas.

If this happens, then Po and Celtic and Lucien and Hannelore and Lola and I will get an opportunity to meet up. All made possible by you, Dotsie. Thank you.

#116962 - 05/05/07 10:10 AM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

There is a great site made by Dotsie
Where laughing and crying is lotsie.

There four women did meet.
Grandson adopted! What a feat!

Come join us in London ! Let's get gutsy!

#116963 - 05/05/07 10:14 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

This is great, Hannelore. Wouldn't it be great if a whole bunch of boomer women met in London?

Anyone out there want to take Hannelore's challenge and get gutsy?

#116964 - 05/06/07 11:39 AM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks for all the kind words, but I have to tell you...it's my pleasure. I do what I love, and I love what I do.

Hannelore, thanks for the graphic. I feel like it should be the logo for BWS.

#116965 - 05/08/07 11:38 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World
celtic_flame Offline

yea a great site AND great people on it. a perfect combinasion eh!

#116966 - 06/02/07 08:14 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: celtic_flame]
Poppie Offline

Lets not fight over who is thee lickiest gal in the world....but just right now, I feel like I am taking poll position today.

I have just had my first(of many I hope) live chat with
Mom Ann...she sounded as adoreable, witty, sweet and all the other realy cool and smart things as she would come across in the forums.

I am delighted...and of course talked toothepaste back into the tube...as I do these days.
Thank you Mom for being a dear and chatting with us this eve...and thank you again Dotsie for the wonderful mission you are achieving, because of your forums, our lives are becomming more and more enriched..with many amazing connections happening

Much Love

Pauline

ps...check me out trying to sound all 'growed up'
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#116967 - 06/02/07 09:18 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Poppie]
Anno Offline

Yes, we had a marvelous chat. Both Celtic and Popea sounded just as I would assume - loving, full of life and intellegent as could be.

Sorry, Po, but I still think I am the luckiest girl in the world. How many boomer women out there, without children, have found themselves lucky enough to adopt a whole family? Thanks, Dots. You and all of your work has made this dream come true.

Edited by Anno (06/02/07 09:19 PM)

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#116968 - 06/02/07 10:01 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Pauline, plus you got to meet Lola! How cool was that?

#116969 - 06/03/07 12:09 AM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World
celtic_flame Offline

yip po meet lola i got to chat to her on the phone and see pics she a sweethart, and i know help po get back and feel part of her original religion without the guilt or feeling of not belonging. I get text the other day saying she just left mass and was considerring going to sing with the quire (did i spell that right lol)

from maa annie we have the backgrowen chats in private (informative and intresting) pluss a frend on the boared to chatt with and have fun.

Pics we recived, gifts for the bairn, he knows her name and has a better sences of bellonging becouse of it

oh an example of when it probiblie saved his self esteem his frend carl was chatting about his dad in the back of his mums car and asking about luciens dad, carls mum intervined and said l dosent have a dad but has 2 mums...who knows what he made of this but it killed the conversasion. (i leave it to the kids parent to tell them what they want i don't feel its my place)

.........but the next topic was grannies lol carl went on about his grannie and of course asked were was luciens he "said far far away im merica" (he cant prenonice that yet) but he had a kite and helowcopter lol....i felt for him in that moment and was just soooooo gratfull he had something to say on this subject his mate was satisfied and lucien was happie too he could join in the chatt about that subject . i don't think he knows or thinks anything of the distances.....waite till i tell him superman and spiderman are american lol he'll be delighted....

anno next time we can try and time it better our end for him to be up he gose to bed at 7 so thats about 1 ishie your time, thats possible to do......and he be delighted.

so their it is your important and a good frend and support in the mommies life, someone for lucien to think about and know he cared about, we do talk to him about you farlie often, and in terms of his frends he has someone to talk about when they talking about grannies, that sorta thing so important for kids and especillie at his age....

when i joined this boared i never dreamed i'd have any of this or shared the things i have with you all or had the frends that i care about and respect.....one never knows weer things turn out when they start

#116970 - 06/03/07 07:38 AM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss Offline

Honestly this could be a best seller. I'm truly moved and so happy for all of you.

#116971 - 06/03/07 05:15 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Are you offering to author our story, Hannelore?

#116972 - 06/03/07 06:22 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Anno]
Poppie Offline

Couldn't think of a better...eh Angel a chara?

Popea

#116973 - 06/05/07 06:51 AM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Poppie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
It is a beautiful story all around. A love story which could not be written any better.

#116974 - 06/05/07 11:02 AM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Lola]
Anno Offline

It is amazing how we are getting to know each other without ever having met. And the real love here, all around. I never would have thought it possible, but I love this family. I really do.

#116975 - 06/06/07 07:31 AM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Anno]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm sitting here reading with tears in my eyes.

Poet and essayist

#116976 - 06/06/07 01:04 PM A true story for Lucien [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

#116977 - 06/06/07 02:00 PM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
What a wonderful story. I love all of you!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#116978 - 06/06/07 06:47 PM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: Dianne]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Wow, Hannelore!!! Did'nt I say this love story could not be written any better?

#116979 - 06/06/07 06:53 PM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: Lola]
chickadee Offline

Hannelore, you are a darling. Beautifully written.

#116980 - 06/06/07 08:25 PM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: chickadee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dianne, my sentiments exactly. Sometimes I come here and am overwhelmed by the hearts of the women. Hannelore, that is precious, have any of them seen it yet?

#116981 - 06/06/07 11:28 PM Re: A true story for Lucien
celtic_flame Offline

i think i the first to see it.....

its butifull angelica niclie written but lovenlie put and thats what matters the hart you included of yourself within the writting. I just love it...

po sleeping its 12.30 if i wasen't so afraid i wake her for this but i think it better keep and it still be heer for a lovilie surprise for her tommorow...

thank you with all my hart for takenthe time and the love to write this, ah carra.

#116982 - 06/07/07 12:11 AM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: celtic_flame]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I've been busy with Dotsie work but just stopped by to spread some bul---I mean joy. Imagine my delight when I read this topic from the first to the end.

OMGosh...what love! What joy! What unconditional love. Isn't that what its all about? YES! YES!

My only regret is that I don't have the airfare for the 2007 Great London Adventure! I would sooooo be there!

Thanks to all of you for sharing this.

#116983 - 06/07/07 01:20 AM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Hannelore, thank you. Chapter one. This is a love story that goes on for a very long time.

It touches my heart, very deeply I might add, that you, and others, are here to share our joy.

See you in the fall!

#116984 - 06/07/07 05:47 AM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

I''ve never written a story for a child before. It was fun. Of course the topic I had made it easy.

And I only do it because I love you all! Yup, I really do.

#116985 - 06/07/07 08:46 AM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: Edelweiss]
Poppie Offline

Angel a chara....you are a wee soul and I love you...you have this big mushy Mom in tears. Thank you soooo much for bringing soo much love and life to our little/big journey

Guir a Mia agaith
(With much thanks..in gealic)

Popea

#116986 - 06/07/07 01:16 PM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anno, please tell us about the trip....

Po, please tell me exactly what angel a chara means. I've loved seeing you post this. I've seen it so much, I want to use the term here in the US. I also love the way you use the word wee. I had a friend from Scotland whom I loved. She is no longer living. Your use of wee reminds me of her.

Guir a Mia agaith angel a chara. Does that make sense?

#116987 - 06/07/07 08:03 PM Re: A true story for Lucien
celtic_flame Offline

angel for angelica and "a chara" means my frend/love.

so what ya said dotsie ...is Guir a Mia agaith angel a chara= with manie thanks angelica my frend, that i love. think thats close enough if you change the bit before chara it can turn the phrase into my romantic love, my motherlie love etc etc...sweet isen't it. i am sure po fill ya in on the whole range of them. theirs even a lovelie one for romantic love that means my hart lies within you but i wont even try to spell it thats for po me thinks lol. oh u say a chara just like how its written (ch is = to k)so it be "a kara" in how its pronounced. So dotsie if ever i meet an american saying this i know one of 2 things she either visites heer or she is a frend of yours lol.
cool

#116988 - 06/07/07 08:07 PM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

waaaaaa i just answered for po again opppsssss. ah well i sure she dose it for me....well she dose enough in real life. lol

#116989 - 06/07/07 09:41 PM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

The trip - ahhhhhh - simply thinking of it makes me smile.

My hope is that I will fly to London in the late fall and meet my new girls and grandson. I believe Hannelore and Lola will be joining us, too. Can you imagine?

Who else will join us for this love fest, of sorts?

#116990 - 06/08/07 10:15 AM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

a bit of a tangent but the books and numbers and letters arrived....i surprised how manie letters he knows, and i thought he was just listening to me tell him when he asked and not remberring them......thank god they have ridges to tell which is the right way up, or right way round....or god knows what i be telling him lol.

spot on anno this is just weer his intrest lies at the minuete....and everie road sighn we pass, or everie no smoking sigh, or everie danger sighn, or everie caution or hazzard sighn....lol he's at that stage.

#116991 - 06/08/07 10:16 AM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

anyway anyone else make london?

#116992 - 06/08/07 11:06 AM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

I woke up early today and was feeling a bit tired and worn out. I decided to read your story again, Hannelore and now I am ready to face the world.

Thank you again. And thank you everyone for all the love that you have shared.

So.....who else for London?

#116993 - 06/08/07 01:34 PM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Your welcome Anno. And if that little story helped you to face the world, then that is more then I could have ever wished for.
Celtic and Po, it's the nicest feeling in the world to make 'Charas' happy. And the best thing about it is that it gives me so much too.
hugs
Hannelore

#116994 - 06/08/07 06:30 PM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: Edelweiss]
Jane_Carroll Offline

HL...

Love the story! Love the post! Love my friends!

#116995 - 06/08/07 10:43 PM Re: A true story for Lucien [Re: Jane_Carroll]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hannelore, what a sweet thing to do! And what a sweet story

Poet and essayist

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved