The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#121072 - 06/15/07 03:12 AM Re: It's back and challenging [Re: meredithbead]
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Eagle Heart you made me cry with your luau metaphors! WOW!
I don't think I have ever heard it put in such a way.

Emyjay,
I can empathize with you, more than you know. I also remember feeling so unworthy because of things in my past. Believe it sweetie, you are worthy!
Take Eagle Heart's advice and step up to the table and enjoy the feast!

Dear One,
Look forward instead of backward. Your future is ahead of you and the past is behind you. I am the creator of new things. When you came to Me, former things passed away and all the things were created new. You are growing and becoming new through your relationship with Me. Let go of your past and press forward to your new adventure in faith.
-Your Hope (God)
From A Pocket Full of Promises for Women (Honor Books)

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43: 18-19 NIV

Dear brothers, I am still not all I should be but I am bringing all my energies to bear on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead.
Phillipians 3:13 TLB

gerrbeck

#121073 - 06/15/07 10:39 AM Re: It's back and challenging [Re: gerrbeck]
Emyjay Offline

gerrbeck,

I agree with you, Eagle's words always touch my heart!

And so did your's.

I'll be adding your quotes to my little affirmaiton notebook.

Blessings,
Emily

#121074 - 06/15/07 12:22 PM Re: It's back and challenging [Re: Emyjay]
Mountain Ash Offline

The Lord is my Shepherd

"My table thou has furnished..in presence of my foes"
eat at the table please.
Mountain ash

#121075 - 06/15/07 03:28 PM Re: It's back and challenging [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
God knows everything there is to know about all areas of your life. He also has the power to deal with whatever causes you fear. Lean on Him. He is generous and enjoys giving to YOU. I know it's not always easy to have this trust, but keep at it and you will feel His grace more with each passing day. Keep looking for it...and know we are praying for you. We love you and you are worthy!

#121076 - 06/20/07 04:15 PM Re: It's back and challenging
Emyjay Offline

I love what you wrote, which is exactly where I'm trying to steer my thoughts.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm trying too hard.

Thank you for giving of yourself to me. I made a copy of what you said and am keeping it with me.

Love,
Emily

#121077 - 06/21/07 03:45 PM Re: It's back and challenging [Re: Emyjay]
Emyjay Offline

Just thought I should check in to tell all of you how much I appreciate all of your support.

I'm doing pretty good, again, and hoping that this mood will continue.

My meds Dr. has really been working with me. I've seen him twice in his office (well, he uses a friend's office), paid him only twice. Yet, he calls me to check on me, answers my calls for free, keeps in contact with my family Dr by fax - Dr. Speer is a blessing!

I'm just taking one day at a time. I'm not just saying this, I really am training myself to stop predicting how tomorrow will be or how I will be feeling. I think the cognitive therapy is beginning to work. Well, I am going to make it work.

Blessings to everyone on this board.

Emily

#121078 - 06/21/07 05:48 PM Re: It's back and challenging [Re: Emyjay]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Emily, your post sounds so upbeat. I am glad to hear you have a decent Dr. Keep on keeping on.

#121079 - 06/24/07 01:13 PM Re: It's back and challenging [Re: chickadee]
Emyjay Offline

Thank you, Chick. I'm trying, I really and truly am.

I've pulled some books off of the shelf. Good literature occupies my brain. My problem, now, is that I have too much time on my hands. Lots of housework to do, but I don't like to stay inside all day doing that.

So much about me. I'm tired of talking about me. How is everyone else? How are you? Are you taking any trips this summer?

Emily

#121080 - 06/25/07 03:35 AM Re: It's back and challenging [Re: Emyjay]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Emily, I hope my trip will be back to Tennesse, please God. My sister is coming in July and I may be meeting Kathy ( R n J)from here. Other than that,I am hoping to get a job to fill in the long days....gets me outta creating housework for myself too, ha ha.

Emily, do you garden?

#121081 - 06/25/07 01:48 PM Re: It's back and challenging [Re: chickadee]
Emyjay Offline

Dear Chick,

I used to like gardening, but don't anymore. Well, I'll get into the mood. It's just been very hot here.

Also, I haven't posted this anywhere, but I sprained my right ankle. It's a bad one. Had x-rays taken Friday and
am going to the podiatrist today.

It's actually feeling better and the swelling is going down, but I haven't been able to bend my foot in the way that I need to for gardening or low area cleaning.

So, I'm just reading and watching movies and dusting and sorting threw papers.

I do hope that your trip to Tennessee will be fun. Hope the weather will treat you kindly, as well!

Love,
Emily

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved