The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#121102 - 07/15/07 01:52 AM Re: really trying hard, need support [Re: Emyjay]
Emyjay Offline

Gerrbeck,

How are you coping with your "hard blow?"

Are you okay?

Emily in Maryland

#121103 - 07/15/07 02:05 AM Re: really trying hard, need support [Re: Emyjay]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Emyjay,

You sound sooooo much better...I've loved seeing you in all the different threads and getting to know you better. Keep it up! Hope your foot heals quickly.

Gerrbeck,

We're here for you as well! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

#121104 - 07/15/07 10:06 AM Re: really trying hard, need support [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Emyjay Offline

Jane,

Yep, I am feeling better! And so is my foot. But it won't be completely healed until October, says my current Dr.

I'm going to get a second opinion. This Dr. says he "should" have put me in a cast, unstead of a boot type brace that I'm currently wearing.

He also says I need another x-ray, but hasn't done it.

Anyway, I'm feeling so much better, thinking is clear,
laughing again.

Gerrbeck,
As Jane said, we're here for you.

Make it a good day,

Emily

#121105 - 07/28/07 05:44 PM Re: really trying hard, need support [Re: Emyjay]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Emily, that's so great that you're feeling better and laughing again. Sorry to hear that your foot still hasn't healed properly. I hope the doctors get it all figured out.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#121106 - 07/28/07 07:54 PM Re: really trying hard, need support [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Mountain Ash Offline

Emjay
I detect you feel you cannot tell us everything.I for one think a trouble shared is a trouble halved and hope you will share if you want to.
You HAVE come through a lot and do be proud of yourself.
Love Mountain ash

#121107 - 07/29/07 01:05 AM Re: really trying hard, need support [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I proud of how well you are doing in spite of the new soft cast. When you get this behind you, I want to meet at Phillip's. Are you up for that?

#121108 - 07/29/07 02:50 PM Re: really trying hard, need support
Emyjay Offline

Oh, yes, Dotsie, I would like to meet you at Phillips. I think this soft cast ( I look like big foot ) will be on for the next five weeks. But we'll meet. Christmas time would be fun. I bet the lights around the Harbor are magical! I'm saying Christmas because the fall is so busy at work. New children coming in and trying to adjust - bus drivers trying to learn which children go where. Moving the staff around until we have all sites covered according to state law.

Mountain Ash, you are correct. I'm still bothered about something, but am working on it and have help. Actually, I woke up today in the middle of a bad panic attack.

But, when I get on these boards, my attention is diverted. It rests my mind. I'm doing better, honestly. Just experiencing what my therapists calls "setbacks." It's okay. Thank you for your concern. You are very perceptive!

Going to read today away!

Love,
Emily

#121109 - 07/29/07 03:30 PM Re: really trying hard, need support [Re: Emyjay]
Mountain Ash Offline

Emjay
Let me reassure you that many people have "panic" thoughts.
I myself have dreams where the situations I see are in tandem with day time worries.
recently while in hospital (aided no doubt by the morphine i even was saying NO to someone in the dream.
I view these dreams as gifts and like a good book direct me to another way of thinking.
In TA counselling the subject keeps a dream diary and in calm moments work is done by processing.
I do not tell all to everyone but have listening ears who do just that.
I really feel you are doing so well and enjoy hearing from you on the forum.
Take care
Mountain ash

#121110 - 07/29/07 04:21 PM Re: really trying hard, need support [Re: Mountain Ash]
Emyjay Offline

Mountain Ash,

Thank you for responding so quickly. I had to take some meds to calm down. I no longer feel weak when I have to do this; I'm just so thankful that they calm me so that I can participate in life and help others.

Eagle, in her book, talks about the ripples in a pond reaching out to others. That's what I mean. As Eagle says, and I'm not quoting directly, these ripples touch others.

When I am awake, most of the time, I can "talk back" to escalating anxiety and stop panic attacks by countering my thoughts with positive affirmations. But I can't do this when I'm sleeping.

What's TA counselling?

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Emily

#121111 - 07/29/07 06:36 PM Re: really trying hard, need support [Re: Emyjay]
Mountain Ash Offline

Emjay
TA is one modality of counselling.

Transactional Analysis (TA) is rooted in psychoanalysis using the personality elements of Parent, Child, Adult, and Script to define personality.

In part these elements are interchangeable with the psychoanalysis identifications of id, ego, and superego.

This form of identification has made Transactional Analysis much more accessible and understandable. Eric Burne was at the forefront in the creation and definition of this form of psychotherapy.

Transactional Analysis works on the understanding that much of our troubles lie within our scripts. Scripting starts in childhood as a survival strategy and continues throughout our development into adults.
Mountain ash

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved