The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 61 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#122436 - 07/05/07 07:40 PM Re: Writing advice for dummies....er....beginners [Re: chatty lady]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Wow, Chatty, you do a lot! I admire your persistance with that book. I have had to return student essays that were so bad I really had no idea where to start on correcting them.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#122437 - 07/05/07 08:07 PM Re: Writing advice for dummies....er....beginners [Re: yonuh]
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Thank you all so much for all of your great advice. These entries will go into my notebook of all the other writing tips I have been gathering from various sources. I know I really have my work cut out for me if I am serious about writing. I have often thought about writing a short story to submit to a magazine. I just can't decide what the best topic would be. I guess the best thing for me to do is to run out and buy some magazines. I am doing a lot of reading.
I am guilty of reading 2 or 3 books at the same time. Usually, a good fiction novel, my bible and something inspirational for my devotional time, and something educational that goes along with homeschooling. That in addition to browsing the morning paper, the "light bathroom reading" (come on, we all do it)We have those Uncle John's Bathroom Readers, even my kids will read those! Also, I am starting a couple of classes next week that I believe will be very helpful. So, I am going to be one busy lady, especially come August once I get into putting together lesson plans for my son.
Gerrbeck

#122438 - 07/06/07 11:23 AM Re: Writing advice for dummies....er....beginners [Re: gerrbeck]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Chatty I found that very interesting as how you go about editing. You earn every penny you get; that's for sure. I would have a hard time reading a manuscript that I didn't like; and then having to read it again to correct it...whew. But when the material is good, I can see how you love your job.
Hey, I have to sell houses that I don't like too, I guess it's the same thing. it's a 'jaaaab'. (woops Bostonian accent got in there).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved