The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#122469 - 07/01/07 06:29 PM I'm Walking
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Like I said in another post, I was finally motivated to get back to my walking. Over the past several weeks I have been getting out with my husband taking leisurely walks, doc said it would be good for him after his recent surgeries, etc.
But after buying a swimsuit and a day at the beach last week, boy did I get motivated. Last night I got out the walkman, plugged in and went for a good 40 minute power walk. It felt great, fresh air, exercise and some good tunes! Heard a really good one I hadn't heard in a while,
Bette Midler, From A Distance, what a beautiful song.
gerrbeck

#122470 - 07/02/07 10:30 PM Re: I'm Walking [Re: gerrbeck]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gerrbeck, I'm also a walker, but I walk with a friend. I haven't put on a bathing suit yet this summer, but will be doing so in a couple weeks. I can hardly wait! HA! I bet if I put the dang thing on and walked around the house in it for a few days, I might start walking and never come back for hours. I don't even think that would make a difference at this point.

Keep on trucking.

Oh, and I love that song. I haven't heard it in ages.

#122471 - 07/04/07 01:46 PM Re: I'm Walking
gerrbeck Offline

Dotsie, Happy 4th to you and all the other ladies!
While out walking one evening this week, I was attacked by a couple of mockingbirds! I guess they had a nest in a nearby bush and made it very clear they didn't want anyone disturbing it. Going to steer clear of that side of the street for a while. The next evening it was dogs, not mean dogs, just dogs out with their owners who wanted to be pet, maybe they smelled my dog on me when I passed? Hmmm, what's in store for tonight? My best friend Maggie is coming over (the one with the grandkids), we're going to swim, and probably eat alot, hot dogs, slaw, watermelon, deviled eggs, beans, brownies and fruit......pause.....It's pouring down rain out there now! Supposed to get that off and on today!
We'll make the best of it! Just looking forward to spending time with her and the kids. Going to go for a good walk this evening to walk off all that good food.
Have a great day everyone, must go get busy.
gerrbeck

#122472 - 07/05/07 02:51 PM Re: I'm Walking [Re: gerrbeck]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

gerrbeck, your 4th food sounds very similar to ours...but I didn't walk after eating all of it, not did I walk this morning. I'll be back at it tomorrow.

Where do you swim? Do you have a pool? Ahhh, when can I come over?

#122473 - 07/05/07 07:37 PM Re: I'm Walking
gerrbeck Offline

Dotsie,
The 4th was great! We do have a pool and it's a blessing.
The kids had a great time swimming! The middle child, Dillon, who just turned 5 was so thrilled to have swam for the first time without his swimmies! They brought a new pool toy, a battery operated fish that you turn on and it just swims around the pool. My husband wants to get a bunch of them and just leave them in there, thinks it would be funny.
Maggie and I did manage to get in a good walk while the little ones napped after swimming, they swam till they dropped! We walked about 3 miles, gave us time to really talk about all the juicy stuff.
gerrbeck

#122474 - 07/10/07 07:05 PM Re: I'm Walking [Re: gerrbeck]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

There's nothing better than walking with a friend.

I remember those celebratory days when the kids took off their swimmies. My daughter did 12-13 years of swim team so I have some fond swim memories. I've also seen those battery powered fish you are speaking of. They're so cute.

I walked an hour with a friend this morning. We have to walk early here because of the heat this time of year. It's in the 90s today...and HUMID! Right Emy?

#122475 - 07/10/07 11:50 PM Re: I'm Walking
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hi! I am an injured runner..nearing the age of 60. So I have to answer you call for all walkers because that is what I´ll be doing for quite a awhile. I still don´t plan to give up my walk/run routine. But it´s nice just to walk and take it all in, too. Nothing wrong with that, I guess. No seriously, I am glad that I can be a walker at all at this stage!! And a fast walk is just as good..if not better than a run... in the long run...

So I am answering your call!!!

#122476 - 07/11/07 12:36 AM Re: I'm Walking [Re: humlan]
gerrbeck Offline

Still walking whenever I can. But Dotsie, you're not kidding about the heat. It's been really HOT everywhere this week. The temps here have been between 95 and 100 with the heat index running as high as 110, extremely muggy. My son and I did some yard work for a friend yesterday, (her husband has been very sick) even early in the day it was bad. I came home and jumped right in the pool!
I'm opting out of the walk tonight, I was in and out of the heat enough today.

#122477 - 07/13/07 12:34 PM Re: I'm Walking [Re: gerrbeck]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

It has since turned gorgeous here but I haven't had time to walk the last two days. Wah!

What a nice son to do yard work with you for friends. How old is he?

#122478 - 07/16/07 05:02 PM Re: I'm Walking
gerrbeck Offline

Well, got in a walk Friday evening, got in 2 miles! I couldn't walk Saturday due to storms. Walked last night, almost up to that 3 mile mark!

Dotsie, my son Matthew is 14. He's a pretty good kid, as is my daughter Sara 16. She's just boy crazy, ugh! I am trying to instill some work ethic in both of them. Matthew is always wanting games and computer gadgets, so I told him he'd have to earn the money. He did a good job at my friends, so now he's going to do it every week to earn his spending money. Sara works at Red Lobster! It's nice because we get a good discount on meals there!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved