The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#122499 - 06/25/08 06:46 PM Re: I'm Walking [Re: JackieG]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Jackie, WELCOME! How smart of you to recognize the benefits from the get-go. I too found that after a brisk walk, I had MORE energy and just had to do something in house. I couldn't just sit down. So it was very uplifting while I was walking knowing something in my house was going to get a cleaning when I returned! LOL!

I also found that the headsets with music playing kept me "in the mood" to walk quicker.

Welcome to the forums. We hope that you enjoy the community and will make this your home away from home!

#122500 - 06/26/08 03:58 PM Re: I'm Walking [Re: jawjaw]
JackieG Offline

Thanks for the welcome!

I like walking with my niece because we can talk, ya know - LOL - I enjoy that - but, I agree with you, if I ever walk alone music is very motivating.

#122501 - 06/26/08 04:13 PM Re: I'm Walking [Re: JackieG]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Here's a tip that one of the ladies here in the forum gave us a while back. If it's raining and you can't walk, get two cans of any soup, hold one in each hand, and simply MARCH whenever a commercial comes on TV, or when you have 10-15 minutes you can do so...or if you have the time (who does?) march for 30 minutes, or whatever the length of your usual walking time.

Doesn't have to be soup either...it could be books or any other heavy object that would have the same resistance. No bowling balls, though...LOL!

#122502 - 06/26/08 08:47 PM Re: I'm Walking [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
JJ thats my idea, and it works. I use two pound weights and whenever a commercial comes on TV, I march in place. You can also jump on a stationary bike during each commercial, its easy and it works as well as any outdoor exercise... .

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#122503 - 06/26/08 09:09 PM Re: I'm Walking [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
JAckie, I think walking with someone from a younger generation would be so much fun. At one time, we ahd a couple younger gals here and I loved hearing their voices. It's nice to have younger friends.

#122504 - 06/29/08 06:06 PM Re: I'm Walking
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I love returning to this thread..I always get inspired by you all..and I can use all the push I can get. I have become sooo lazy! I have an active jobb..with small kids..and I do my yoga every evening..but none of that really builds you up and gives you good physical stamina (canĀ“t think of the exact word in English..sorry)

Anyway..good luck everyone!!!

#122505 - 06/30/08 02:50 AM Re: I'm Walking [Re: humlan]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I started the Walking Away the Pounds program by Leslie Sansone on May 13th. In combination with watching what I am eating, not depriving just watching, I have lost 7 pounds and inches too. It has been pretty hot and humid here, and I know that I wouldn't be disciplined enough to walk outside, so this has really been an answer for me. I have several DVD's now and mix in light resistance now. I find them to be very kind on the knees and a good match for me.

#122506 - 07/05/08 10:29 PM Re: I'm Walking [Re: hotflashgal]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I get up at 5AM to walk everyday before it gets hot. But of lately, I have been having a hard time to get moving at that hour....yawn. It takes me another 30 minutes to get moving out the door. I must be getting old and slow!

#122507 - 07/05/08 10:34 PM Re: I'm Walking [Re: Cookie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cookie, is it still dark at that time? I life walking early this time of year, but can't stand walking when it's still dark in the mornings. I definitely need to soak up the light when walking. It's another reason I walk.

#122508 - 07/05/08 10:44 PM Re: I'm Walking
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Dotsie, it is dawn when I start my walk. The sun is starting to come up after I have walked 15 minutes. Simply beautiful and quiet at that time of morning. It is my quiet time to pray and be thankful. And looking at that sunrise each day is a beautiful sight... Another one of God's masterpieces.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved