The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 102 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#122962 - 07/25/07 04:11 PM Re: Trying to Heal and Getting Better [Re: meredithbead]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Cathi,
I'm praying for your family. So much for one to deal with.

How old is your daughter? I somehow missed her age. I saw where she was 14, but somehow missed how old she is now. I hope she isn't still 14.

Tough love is never easy but often that's the only way. All you can do is put them in God's hands and have faith that he will look after them when you cannot be there.

Take care of yourself and know that God is with you.

Pam

#122963 - 07/29/07 02:25 PM Re: Trying to Heal and Getting Better [Re: Laurel]
Emyjay Offline

Cathi,

We haven't met, as yet. But I understand, as much as I can, your feelings and concern for your daughter.

My son is a father, now. I have been surprised to learn that my love for him, my concern for him, remains the same as when he was a "minor" and under my care and guidence.

It's obvious from your posts, that you feel the same. I've come to believe that our sons and daughters are our children as long as we draw breath.

The issues they are facing may change, but we still want the very best for them. We want to protect them from all harm.

From your posts, I know that you are trying to protect your little bird, even though she's left the nest. You are trying so hard.

It's going to be okay. Really. We have so many resources now, people who are trained to help us with this kind of challenge.

And there are so many parents who understand and have lived through the very same trials as yours.

Isn't it wonderful that times have changed. Many people are willing to share their experiences with young adults.
It isn't an issue that has to be "hidden" any longer.

Well, you know you'll find support here, on these boards.

Take care of you, so that you can continue to help your daughter.

Love,
Emily

#122964 - 07/29/07 02:34 PM Re: Trying to Heal and Getting Better [Re: Emyjay]
Emyjay Offline

Dear Cathi,

We haven't met, as yet, so I'm very pleased to meet you.

I'm the mother of an adult child, who is a dad to two, wonderful boys.

I didn't have any problems with him using drugs (recently, he told be he did experiment).

I've come to the realization that our sons and daughters are our children,no matter their age.

It's natural to remain concerned -okay, worried - about every potenially negative decision they make.

In your situation, I can hear your worry and concern loud and clear.

What's wonderful now, what we didn't have way back when, is the support system available to adult children and their parents.

I know your daughter will be all right. She has you behind her.

But, you do need to take care of you, so that you can continue to support her.

Some really good books might divert your attention enough to "rest" your mind. Or movies, or needlework.

And, of course, the supportive women on these boards are always her for you.

Loe,
Emily

#122965 - 07/29/07 02:39 PM Re: Trying to Heal and Getting Better [Re: Emyjay]
Emyjay Offline

There are two posts from me. The board told me that the first would not be posted because my post was "no longer valid."

I tried to type fast and edit on the second post.

Turns out, both posts are on this forum!

Oh, well.

Love,
Emily

#122966 - 07/29/07 04:25 PM Re: Trying to Heal and Getting Better [Re: Emyjay]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I am sorry I haven't had much time to post lately. Pam to answer your question, she is 18. She just turned 18 in April.

Thanks Emily, it is something I am trying to make peace with.

She is now visiting my parent's this weekend. They want to have a chance to have a say about this situation to her. She grew up with them and they did alot for her, so they deserved to have this chance.

Right now, she seems to be happy. I can't deny her that, especially if I was saying her whole life, I want her happy. My beef has been the way she went about it. Even so, her dad and I have to let this go and put it in the past.

But so far, everything seems okay now as far as she is concerned. I am worried about my dad. I just want him well and with us for as long as God will allow.

I love you all alot!

Cheers,
Cathi

#122967 - 07/29/07 05:19 PM Re: Trying to Heal and Getting Better [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Hi Cathi,
Somehow I missed this earlier. How difficult for you! The thing that your children do teach you is that you have no control. It sounds like your daughter has some growing up to do and she's determined to do it her own way. Which, of course, is why she asks you for things and then goes away -- she can't figure out that her way isn't working, yet.

I send you patience, love and strict boundaries. I hope things get better with your health and your father's. That must be your main concern right now.

Peace and blessings

#122968 - 07/29/07 08:31 PM Re: Trying to Heal and Getting Better [Re: Casey]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cathi, maybe a few lightbulbs about the love of her family will go off for her this weekend and she will ahve a change of heart. Hang in there, We're hanging with you.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved