The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 89 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#123446 - 09/25/07 10:05 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!!
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hi Dotsie, I had no idea where to post this(not wanting to take the focus off Roisin)
I am at Uni in London and just at the start of my introductory week. I left on Sat 22nd with Celtic and Lucien seeing me off from the airport. As you could imagine it was incredibly emotional.

Lucien had been getting used to me being out of the home a little at a time so that this all would not be as shocking to his wee life and Celtic has been building up a firmer support network to help out while I am away.

This is only my fourth day away and I am a big ball of emotion and worry. All else is fine with me...I will be a very busy student for the next 15 weeks.

I will pass on your regards to Celtic and ask her to pop in and say hello.

I miss hanging out...but when I am more familiar with everything, I will have some more time.

Love to all

Poppie (aka popea)
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#123447 - 09/25/07 01:06 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dear Po, I'm sure it's tough for you to leave the family behind to follow your dreams. But try to think about life after these 15 weeks. It will be worth your while. I'm sure Celtic and Lucien will manage without you, though it may not be easy. Do you communicate with them online and by phone? Are you sending them snail mail? All of those things help shorten the distance.

#123448 - 09/25/07 06:07 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!!
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Po I think it's amazing that you have the time to still pop in an give us an update...but maybe not...after all...aren't we all jewels. tee hee.

#123449 - 09/26/07 04:06 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Hannelore popped a funny!

#123450 - 09/26/07 09:56 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!!
Poppie Offline

And what are jewels but rough cut diamonds. Poppie(aka popea) Angel a chara, I am doing that crazed first week thing-mad as a box of frogs! It will settle soon. Love 2 all.xx
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#123451 - 09/28/07 07:01 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

WO! Check out Po now. You look great girl!

#123452 - 10/01/07 07:36 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Beautiful woman, Po! I am glad you are following your dream. Time goes by fast when you are doing something you love, so hang on there and be the best you can be. I pray it all goes well for you and your family, thou miles apart.

At times, it does good to be away for a bit. Praying for wellness for you and yours,
NABBW & NAWW

#123453 - 10/02/07 11:10 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Songbird]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Great picture Po. Although I loved the one with the hat as well.

#123454 - 10/04/07 01:10 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Poppie Offline

Why thank you ladies....someday soon I will be rich and famous enough to have my own beauty assistant 'ALL' the time.
Speaking of famous...I was shopping in the sunday flower market just last weekend. I was in this beautiful quaint little perfume shop..all of the perfumes and oils have been made from roses and some of the recipies date back to the seventeenth century.
So I am chatting enthusiastically about how unique the place and products were and this woman joins the conversation. I went on to explain the type of smells I want, ie; musky, earthy heady, etc...and this other woman was basically asking for the same stuff...so we chatted, sniffed....hmmmmed and ahed and ooohed. I took one of the fragrances and gave this lady a test...then I looked directly at her only to realize who she was....it just tumbled out of my big Irish gob "Sh*t....you are Kylies wee sister!!!!"

In short, she was amused..we chatted about what I was doing in London and she took my Email!!! She was realy nice in person!!!

All very surreal to this wee Irish lassie!

Love to all

Poppie(aka popea)

#123455 - 10/04/07 01:24 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Mountain Ash Offline

Were you in Cullpeppers by chance Poppie?
Like a Victorian apothacarty.I imagined you there.
How are things.
Mountaina sh

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved