The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#123416 - 07/13/07 04:09 PM Please help My Dearest Friend!!
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hello My Friends…I wasn’t sure where to put this..and it took me a while to decide that ‘friends’ would be best

It involves my best ever friend in the whole world, a woman whom I love dearly, she is the daughter of Irelands First Woman MP in Westminster who was heavily involved with the 1968 Civil Rights Campaign in N.I and at Bloody Sunday. She was shot and left for dead in front of her children in the mid seventies, i.e.Bernadette Devlin

Roisin Mc Alliskey is her eldest daughter and has seen and been through things no woman should ever have to face. She came to public acclaim after being arrested whilst pregnant in 96 for the alleged involvement of bombings in a German/British barracks (Onsnabruc).
Whilst in prison, she was strip searched no less than 70 odd times, not forgetting she was pregnant (I still cannot bring my mind to think what else Roisin was subjected to in that hell hole).
She was held for over two years and gave birth to her first wee lass Linear (ray of sunshine) whilst chained to a bed. Her mental and physical health was at great risk throughout this ordeal.
No evidence was sufficient at the time for a conviction...yet she was used as a political pawn between the British and Northern Irish Powers that be. In 98 she was released with her daughter without charge. Now when we have a Devolved Government in N.I, The German Chancellor is calling on the British government to extradite her to Germany to face the charges there under European law...and her court date is the 21st of this month.

Since being freed, she has gotten her life back on track, settled in her new life with her family and her new addition to that, a wee boy who is now just over two.

I grew up with this lass who once told me I had no politics in a heated debate when my Dad was looking on in amazement ( lasses never debated like that in his day..it was all lipstick and beehives!!) at us putting the world to rights at the grand age of 19 and 16 respectfully, to which I responded....’no, I simply don't have yours!', and we agreed to disagree. She is no more a terrorist than I am Madonnas’ new adopted sister!

Roisins' only crime is to be her mothers daughter, and yet again seems set for another ordeal which will pull a family apart...simply out of pettiness and spite. Sure, she has amazing resilience, yes she has an ideological belief system in place in her life, but she is no terrorist.

So many times in my life when I was so mentally unstable, Roisin was at my side always. Out of all my so called friends she would be at my bedside of each psych institute I was being treated, with her exceptionally funny wit, nonchalant attitude to my drama and decent coffee!!! During the time of this alleged crime she was phoning me in Belfast from Belfast to calm on of my emotional dramas of which there were plenty.

Ladies, I am in mortal fear for Roisin at this time and as well as asking for prayers....I have been permitted to post a link which calls on all involved to stop the extradition? (Dots, again, I thank you from my heart )

In ones lifetime, you could usually count on one hand the amount of true friends who will always be there for you, this is my chance and my turn to be a friend to my friend, who never judged me when others spat in my face, who never went with the crowd when the stigma of mental heath issues predominated. Who always (even at this time) will put others first, me and mine included.

I hope you can see it in your hearts to join me in my prayers for Roisin and her family.
Please also if you don’t mind, check out the link and see if you want to help.

With thanks

Popea

http://www.friendsofroisinmcaliskey.info/index.asp
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#123417 - 07/13/07 07:55 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
You have had my prayers since I first saw this 2 days ago. I signed the email complaint right away.

Is Amnesty International getting involved in this?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#123418 - 07/13/07 08:43 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Anno]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I just saw this, and have added my email to the list.

#123419 - 07/14/07 06:34 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Me too, added my email address as well.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#123420 - 07/14/07 10:06 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: chatty lady]
Poppie Offline

Ladies and Mom...I thank you for your support..as I am sure you have seen in the link the real injustice in this case! Twenty three peeps have looked at this thread...this is upsetting as well as bewildering?

Just before I went into hospital, Roisin phoned me with some work, which would and could be fully funded by charitable organisations, i.e setting up and running jewellery workshops in a run down area in my home town(an area of regeneration). She talked with such enthusiasm about the projects and my future career...I could barely utter a word as I was just filled with tears and fear for what could be lying ahead for her.

I did manage to tell her I would be doing this and she was so delighted and asked me to thank sincerely any and all who supported her and her famlily in this grim this travesty.

Mom, as far as I know 'amnesty' are already involved.

I implore you all out there to at least have a look at the link and if you can, say yeah or ney.
The last thing I want from this is a political debate....this is just simply about one friend helping another at a time of great hardship in one of the only ways I can.
I am sure you all would do the same.

Love Pauline
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#123421 - 07/14/07 11:53 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Po, I have added my name also. Thanks for the opportunity to have a voice.

#123422 - 07/14/07 03:38 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: chickadee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Add my email and name to the mix. I think this is unbelievable and just so tragic!

#123423 - 07/14/07 08:35 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I added my name too. Please keep us updated.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#123424 - 07/14/07 08:48 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Dianne]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
This is very shocking to read Po. Especially since I always thought the German prisons are the most humane ever. I haven't read or heard anything about Róisín McAliskey here. I'll be checking into it, and of course would appreciate updates.

#123425 - 07/14/07 10:56 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Edelweiss]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Not only did I sign the email complaint, but I sent a letter with this link to Ms. Magazine and told them they should write about this.

If they wanted a personal background for the article, would you be willing to be interviewed? Just thinking ahead...

Poet and essayist

#123426 - 07/14/07 11:13 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: meredithbead]
yonuh Offline

I have signed and have sent the link to everyone on my email list, and I know that my partner and my sons will forward it on to others. Thanks for letting us know about this!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#123427 - 07/15/07 06:48 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: yonuh]
Poppie Offline

Hi Ladies, again.....from the bottom of my heart, I thank you and I knew I would find some support for this travesty here...

Yonuh, that is a brilliant idea for everyne else to do..as you would imagine I have aready done so in my mailing list and I am just about to forward to as many of the women's groups and L.B.G.T groups in Ireland as I can find.

I spoke with Roisin last night and she is made up with the support and tells me to pass on her thanks again to all concerned(she may even pop in for a wee browse herself)
She is up-beat...but then, such is her nature...and was made up that I had thought of the above groups.

The court date is not far off...so I imagine that we won't get much time to chat, outside of all this she is as busy as heck anyhow with family, work and kids. I hope to get to see her soon.

Mer, I will speak to her about your request...she may even be up for it herself. Can you pm me please with all necessary info on Ms mag so that I am better informed as to what they are about(I don't know the mag!!)

Again.....I cannot thank you all enough for asisting one friend help her bestest friend.

Popea

#123428 - 07/15/07 07:19 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
chickadee Offline

Great idea meredith! Should we all follow suit or wait until you hear something.
Let's make some noise! I know some newspaper people in Canada. Would that help, I'm wondering. It could get picked up by others.

Heres to Hope.

#123429 - 07/16/07 01:30 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: chickadee]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

http://msmagazine.com/

Ms. Magazine is a feminist magazine with a very strong commitment to human rights. That's why I thought of them first. They often break news ignored by the mainstream press. I don't know anyone connected to the magazine, but the more of us who write, the better the odds of this seeing press. Email:
contentsuggestions@msmagazine.com

I sent the link to the action/petition page (posted by Po in this thread.)

Chick -- and everyone -- whether you know any newspeople or not -- nothing happens until someone acts.

Poet and essayist

#123430 - 07/16/07 10:55 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: meredithbead]
Poppie Offline

Chick...go for it...all the support is needed, no matter where in the world.
The initial link that I posted to the site for 'friends of' is or should be updated by now to hold a page for organisations who have asked for their members to have a look and have their say..to permit said organisations to leave a short paragraph noting why they have joined in support.

Keep shouting Ladies, Please!

Popea

#123431 - 07/19/07 12:38 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Poppie Offline

Hi Ladies, a quick update on Roisins' situation. I spoke with her last night and she is as well as one could be at this time. The court date draws closer, yet she remains boiyant...and never ceases to amaze me.

She had me in tears last night...not sad tears...she had me laughing so hard, I was crying!!!
One liners and mini monologues tripping off her tounge, she is in fact one of the funniest women I have the good fortune to know(not sure if she could give JJ a run for her money mind.....(is that a gauntlet I see before me!!!LOL).

I am emailing her all the links for 'boomers' so that she can see for herself...just exactly who and what I have been talking about for all the time I have been a part of this 'family'.

Mer, I have been given the go for Ms mag should they wish to take her story up.

Again Ladies...I cannot thank you enough

Popea

#123432 - 07/19/07 01:27 PM Dearest Friends, R so very precious... [Re: Poppie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Po,
My prayers go out for your friend. I love people like her.
And I know how much she means to you. Such friends are few and far between and they're the flowers in the garden of life. May God bless her and you. People that stand by you in an hour of need, you forever hold in the highest regard.
Prayers and blessings,
b. rose

#123433 - 07/19/07 02:50 PM Re: Dearest Friends, R so very precious... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Po, I'm glad you chose to spread the word here. Thanks for asking. I appreciate the respect you have for the forums.

#123434 - 07/20/07 09:16 PM Re: Dearest Friends, R so very precious...
Anno Offline

Any new news, Po?

#123435 - 07/31/07 09:06 PM Re: Dearest Friends, R so very precious... [Re: Anno]
Poppie Offline

Hello Ladies

Nothing further to bring you up to speed in terms of Roisin.
I have spoken to her again not so long back and she is full of craic and carry on....has me in hoots.

Please keep her in mind ladies as this could get dirty.

She sends her kindest regards

Much Love

Po

#123436 - 07/31/07 09:18 PM Re: Dearest Friends, R so very precious... [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks Po. Be sure to keep us updated.

#123437 - 08/02/07 02:31 AM Re: Dearest Friends, R so very precious...
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i don't have an update iv known po was doing this but didn't find it in bommers but i have sighnes up anyway.

AS po has told ya this woman is woman of intergritie an honer...trust me on the phone ya can't get a word in she by far the most verballie wittie woman i know, sharp incitfull, and so verie gifted verbalie. So i just backing up her type of caricter. One thing i do know is this woman is not a terrorist. I don't often go for the conspiricacy thing but in this case their is something underhand at play. However that game can couse untold damage in a persons life but also sends a message of helpless ness agenst thse powers that seem gigantick. This alone keeps the rest of us in tow via fear. Its an unfair world at times and this is verie far from fair. It may seem that sighning a petision isen't enough...but it's still something agenst crimes of humain right's and validasion of ones dignitie and right to fairness and saftie. take the steap and do what ya can even if its sighning the petision.

MBEAD we talked about the MRS mag before, i briflie filled in po about it and i am sure she read it herself now. This type of situasion needs the exposure theirs a lot that powers and orginisasions get away with becouse its brushed under the carpeat and kept hidden. Thats perhaps their worst manipulasion in all this.

I know the terririst activitie heer and in london shocked and made cynical a lot of people. I am sure its the same in the USA within the cynicisum then its easie to mistrust those that get tared with rummer or supision of such activities, (the no smoke without fire saying springs to mind) In this case theirs an illusion of smoke but never firse. The press done their job well, i alreadie fell out (now patched up) with my best frend regarding this, she been brainwashed via press and romare mongering as much as anyone else. Not being as impotrtant personalie she was ignorant of the intricasies of the case, i told her the other side with the facts as knowen minuse the slander and she now outraged, and rightlie so.

In this case the real smoke was the activities of her mom. No not a terrorist but an icon for civial and human rights from both sides of the political devide and i mean both sides....its was improve rights for all. A lot of people didn't like it becouse a lot of monie and power was given back to people, one example as late as 68 or 69 one male or female couln't vote in NI unless one had bought a propertie...think on that one minuete. think how manie it excluded both protestant and catholic, so B Devline helped change that, as well as manie womans groups a underrated and values resorces in manie a countrie. This woman had a lot of sway and was the first woman pm in British house of parliments.

We all know the damage the press do, we all know the sometimes underhand manuvirings the goverments get up to. My hope is that in some worped way the UK government will steap in and stop the extradision in order to SHOW IT SUPPORT for the peace process heer giving itself a big sences of kodos and pats on the back all round. In short a political trick without taking account of damage its alreadie done to some peoples lives. (this is onlie my therie and not fact)

I am a great beliver in personal responcibilitie if she done it i would let the extradision take place without a second thought, terrorist activities aint something i favour. I cross my hart that best of my knowlage over years says this aint the case, this womans innocent. Despite that inocent she allreadie payed a great price as po said birthing her doughter in prison, once in a lifetime are we birthed and their was no dignitie in this or natural joy supported by familie and frends the circumstances interfeared in that. Now we have a woman who's a mother of two nearlie 10 yrs dowen the line that been accuited by our own government due to her innocences. It be soar enough if she been guiltie but to endure that and be innocent is an outrage.

please please do what chick and Mbead are trying to do make some noise, add your voice and make a diffrences sighn up at the lest....individuels do make a diffrence when they group together. Pray for ease of her sufferring and a fair deal!

i think you ladies are wonderfull for your intrest your kindness and above all your action. despite the political wranglings theirs a mum of two with tremendouse pressure on her that effects her life her kinds, her familie and her frends and accaintinces. Theirs a bigger personal picture as their is a political one. Roshine needs this as well as all those that would follow her from manie countries. Local events do get grabbed globalie, for better or worse....global support can alter local events, maybee insignificant compared to some disasters but certinlie significant for those that know her.

hope i aint been too preachie but i fell stronglie about this as well as helpless as i normalie do whenever i witness injustices. i think i just given full force (but politilie) to the horrow of injustices, forgive me if its too much,

god bless ya ladies

#123438 - 08/03/07 02:41 AM Re: Dearest Friends, R so very precious... [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You and Popea are true friends ones we all would be lucky to have on our sides. I signed up and so have some of my writer friends. God Bless you all.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#123439 - 08/03/07 11:27 AM Re: Dearest Friends, R so very precious... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Another magazine to check out is Bee Woman.

#123440 - 08/08/07 04:46 PM Re: Dearest Friends, R so very precious...
Poppie Offline

Had a brief chat with Roisin...who as usual is seeming to be taking all of this in her stride...she amazes and humbles me. Her eldest girl, Linnior(sp was wrong at the start of this thread!!)won a First in The Ulster Irish Music Festival(meaning she can get to go to the All Ireland Festival) for the under ten section so they were both well pleased.
Dots a chara, I will check out the mag you named...thank you again for the support.
Chatty, dear heart...thank you for your sweet and kind comments and for passing on the campaign details to others.

Popea

#123441 - 08/08/07 09:38 PM Re: Dearest Friends, R so very precious... [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'm glad to hear she has some good news surrounding her.

#123442 - 08/09/07 05:01 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: meredithbead]
Dee Offline

Dear heart...I've added mine as well...I hope it's not too late...

#123443 - 09/18/07 12:54 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Dee]
Poppie Offline

Spoke to Roisin last night...nothing as yet to tell about the extradition..but she is upbeat and well proud of me seeing my stuff through. She sends her love(as do I ...I can't be abot as much as I would like...London is only a few days away)

Love to you all

Poppie

#123444 - 09/18/07 02:09 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

And back at ya, dear Po! Keep us informed and we'll keep the light burning!

#123445 - 09/19/07 01:14 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Po, I certainly miss hearing about you and your family. I hope all of you are well. Give my best to Celtic and Lucien.

#123446 - 09/25/07 10:05 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!!
Poppie Offline

Hi Dotsie, I had no idea where to post this(not wanting to take the focus off Roisin)
I am at Uni in London and just at the start of my introductory week. I left on Sat 22nd with Celtic and Lucien seeing me off from the airport. As you could imagine it was incredibly emotional.

Lucien had been getting used to me being out of the home a little at a time so that this all would not be as shocking to his wee life and Celtic has been building up a firmer support network to help out while I am away.

This is only my fourth day away and I am a big ball of emotion and worry. All else is fine with me...I will be a very busy student for the next 15 weeks.

I will pass on your regards to Celtic and ask her to pop in and say hello.

I miss hanging out...but when I am more familiar with everything, I will have some more time.

Love to all

Poppie (aka popea)

#123447 - 09/25/07 01:06 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dear Po, I'm sure it's tough for you to leave the family behind to follow your dreams. But try to think about life after these 15 weeks. It will be worth your while. I'm sure Celtic and Lucien will manage without you, though it may not be easy. Do you communicate with them online and by phone? Are you sending them snail mail? All of those things help shorten the distance.

#123448 - 09/25/07 06:07 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!!
Edelweiss Offline

Po I think it's amazing that you have the time to still pop in an give us an update...but maybe not...after all...aren't we all jewels. tee hee.

#123449 - 09/26/07 04:06 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Hannelore popped a funny!

#123450 - 09/26/07 09:56 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!!
Poppie Offline

And what are jewels but rough cut diamonds. Poppie(aka popea) Angel a chara, I am doing that crazed first week thing-mad as a box of frogs! It will settle soon. Love 2 all.xx

#123451 - 09/28/07 07:01 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

WO! Check out Po now. You look great girl!

#123452 - 10/01/07 07:36 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Beautiful woman, Po! I am glad you are following your dream. Time goes by fast when you are doing something you love, so hang on there and be the best you can be. I pray it all goes well for you and your family, thou miles apart.

At times, it does good to be away for a bit. Praying for wellness for you and yours,
NABBW & NAWW

#123453 - 10/02/07 11:10 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Songbird]
Edelweiss Offline

Great picture Po. Although I loved the one with the hat as well.

#123454 - 10/04/07 01:10 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Poppie Offline

Why thank you ladies....someday soon I will be rich and famous enough to have my own beauty assistant 'ALL' the time.
Speaking of famous...I was shopping in the sunday flower market just last weekend. I was in this beautiful quaint little perfume shop..all of the perfumes and oils have been made from roses and some of the recipies date back to the seventeenth century.
So I am chatting enthusiastically about how unique the place and products were and this woman joins the conversation. I went on to explain the type of smells I want, ie; musky, earthy heady, etc...and this other woman was basically asking for the same stuff...so we chatted, sniffed....hmmmmed and ahed and ooohed. I took one of the fragrances and gave this lady a test...then I looked directly at her only to realize who she was....it just tumbled out of my big Irish gob "Sh*t....you are Kylies wee sister!!!!"

In short, she was amused..we chatted about what I was doing in London and she took my Email!!! She was realy nice in person!!!

All very surreal to this wee Irish lassie!

Love to all

Poppie(aka popea)

#123455 - 10/04/07 01:24 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Mountain Ash Offline

Were you in Cullpeppers by chance Poppie?
Like a Victorian apothacarty.I imagined you there.
How are things.
Mountaina sh

#123456 - 10/05/07 10:59 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Poppie Offline

Mountain, I was in Columbia Rd in Hackney (eastend land)
The Lady who owned the shop did not go comercial...just one wee shop by the 'flower market'. I can see why she choose not to do what she has done...it is soooo very unique.

Big Loves

Poppie

#123457 - 10/05/07 05:28 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
You met Dannii? And you've got her e-mail addy? Quick! Ask her if she can get us tickets to the Led Zep concert. Or...if we could tag along if she's going.

#123458 - 10/06/07 02:22 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Lola]
Poppie Offline

Lola a chara, Danni took my email for future peices should she decide on anything we chatted about...I was too shy to ask for hers!! Sorry!! I may have another contact though..throuh one of my housemates, i will ask her.

Poppie

#123459 - 10/06/07 02:33 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Poppie Offline

Oh,(we can't forget) Roisin is stll good...peaved with numbskull lawyers, thst was the only thing she had to gripe about pulically.

P

#123460 - 10/07/07 06:48 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Lola Offline

Quote:

...I was too shy to ask for hers!!
Poppie

Blast, blast, blast!!! Doggone it, Popea. I'd have wrestled her to the ground for it! Then, failing the Led Zep, I'd have said: "Your life or future Kylie tickets?"

#123461 - 10/12/07 02:58 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Lola]
Poppie Offline

Hello Ladies, I spoke with Roisin last night and her court date is on he 23rd of this month....please, please join me in my prayers again at this time for the safety of all concerned

Poppie

#123462 - 10/14/07 01:03 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Poppie Offline

I hate to cover anyones post....but I am fretting something chronic for Roisin and her family just now.....please, my freinds..do not miss request for prayers. I now there are alot of terrifying things happeneing in the world....but this travesty cannot be overlooked from my veiw...or for anyone else who is concerned with human rights

Poppie.

#123463 - 10/14/07 12:29 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Wow, that's coming up. I'm sure they will be glad to get this behind them.

#123464 - 10/20/07 11:20 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!!
Poppie Offline

You know the freinds that you can call on anytime...day or night...the ones who realy 'know' you better than your own family. Who will steer you gently when you are heading in the wrong way..tell you firmly to look at your own behaviour when your being pig headed. Demonstrate how you are possibly being selfish or narrow-minded. Holds you accountable every time you forget about responsibilities....
That one freind who will tell you the truth even when it stings..who won't tolerate you're tantrums...
Who will smile to reassure you when your shaken with doubt, hold you till the tears subside. Make you laugh until it hurts....understand when you need a softer approach, never ever lets you down. Holds you up to the light when you're enveloped in darkness, reminds you that you are infact wonderful, wise....loveable and funny when you feel like a sack of cr*p. Allows you to make mistakes...teaches you about all aspects of being human with almost evey interaction. Draws on your positives mostly...did I say never ever goes away?

My friend Roisin faces the High Court on wed comming and she may be taken away.....please pray for her safety and that her courage is enough to see her through this horrendous ordeal

Poppie

#123465 - 10/21/07 02:27 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Anno Offline

Poppie, My thoughts and prayers are with her. And you. It's so difficult to see someone you love going through something so life altering. Love you.

#123466 - 10/22/07 04:46 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ditto.

#123467 - 10/23/07 03:19 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Same here, Poppie!

#123468 - 10/23/07 03:52 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Sending prayers on this important day.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#123469 - 10/23/07 04:44 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Poppie, if you get the chance tomorrow, please let us know of the outcome and we will all be praying in the meantime!

#123470 - 10/24/07 02:40 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes, please.

#123471 - 10/24/07 11:55 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!!
Poppie Offline

Just recieved a text from Roisin...she is exausted, but 'head up and ploughing on'..her own words. She won't know anything for a week. She again sends her thanks to all who are supportive of her situation

This is the peice I ended up making her...something to have close to draw strenght from...just made it for last post.

I hope to talk with her very soon.

Poppie

#123472 - 10/25/07 12:40 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks for the update...and girl, you are so gifted. Wow, just a little something you cooked up for your friend? It's gorgeous. I love your style. Check out my friend who has a similar style. http://www.smpub.com/bc/bc.html

Her work is over the top, and she's the nicest person you'd ever want to meet. Please let m eknow what you think.

#123473 - 10/25/07 02:40 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!!
Poppie Offline

hi Dotsie...how fab is Betty's stuff. It is remenisce of some of my earlier designs...I just love it. Her approach is simplicity married with geometric forms. Incredibly unique and talented...Thank you so much for sharing this with me..what a treat indeed.

I still haven't heard more from Roisin yet and don't know how she feels about her peice. i hope that she is pleased with it.

More when I get to speak to her.

Big loves

Poppie

#123474 - 10/25/07 03:41 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Poppie, we will be waiting to hear. Holding her close! The gift is a beautiful one and to me signifies that while some of our lives fit nicely into a box (square), other people's lives do not necessarily, and their lives can be a continuous circle of change; evolvement. Just like your friend's life. I pray for her!

#123475 - 10/29/07 12:33 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

For all of you following this, there is on online petition that you can sign for Roisen. Here is the information.

"Oppose the proposed extradition of Róisín McAliskey to Germany"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
service, at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/r26m6no1/

Poppie, Popea, appreciates all of your support.

#123476 - 10/29/07 04:13 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Anno]
Poppie Offline

Thank you Mom....I have been in touch and it is all turning ugly! There is still time to make some noise...and please keep Roisin in your good hearts and prayers

Poppie

#123477 - 10/29/07 05:07 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I can't find an update on HRW.

#123478 - 10/30/07 07:01 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: gims]
Poppie Offline

I have just mailed them all Gimster. If you google, you will find that Amnesty International did monitor the original hell!! I am stil waiting for them to get back to me in relation to what if any moitoring is going on now.
Nothing new to add just yet.

Poppie

#123479 - 11/03/07 12:21 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Poppie Offline

http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/forums/s...rt=all&vc=1

Please my freinds, look back at the link again please..follow Gimsters link too and shout as loud as you can about this travesty.
My heart still breaks(there have been 570 veiwings of this thread...why is there not more shouting and making of noise going on...we cannot just keep looking away while the powers that be rip the life of an innocent woman is torn apart

Poppie

#123480 - 11/03/07 03:19 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Anno Offline

Anything new, Poppie? I thought the decision was to be this week.

#123481 - 11/04/07 06:06 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Anno]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

I've signed the new petition.

Poet and essayist

#123482 - 11/22/07 08:21 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: meredithbead]
Poppie Offline

Hi ladies, The court is back in tomorrow...but still Roisin remains true to her upbeat and sardonic nature...saying 'forget candles....light bonfires!!) We (I ) would nip into the local chapel and lght a candle in prayer for her as do half of belfast and Tyrone.

Keep her in your thoughts please ladies

Poppie

#123483 - 11/23/07 06:54 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Lola Offline

Since Poppie has not posted yet today's Court's decision, I thought you all might want to know:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7109249.stm

#123484 - 11/23/07 07:27 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Thanks for posting the link, Lola.

#123485 - 11/23/07 08:30 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Thanks, from me, too, Lola. It seems the right thing was done this time. I am sure that Poppie is crying her wee eyes out with tears of joy.

#123486 - 11/23/07 10:32 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yeaa thanks for posting it lola, i got text of the good news but didn't think to come heer and post,thought this be one from po. Still at lest you did it and i bet the lassies in tyron are celibrattig.

#123487 - 11/24/07 01:10 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: celtic_flame]
Poppie Offline

Whooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo, justice has been done(thanks Lola a chara) I recieved a text from Roisin at around noon to tell me the great news..and yes Mom,.....I sneaked into the loo's for a big weep!! Pure joy and elation. It is such a big weight lifted and I want to thank all our boomer sisters for the l ove, concern,prayers and support through Roisins' ordeal...I would love to be in Tyrone tonight...the place will be alive....

(instead I ended up at a concert for free.I went to see 'Amy Winehouse'.troubled boozer/addict or not...she was awsome)

I am glad this is all over and I know when I speak with Roisin..she will send her thanks...I will make sure she pops in to see the support and concern shown since all this began....

And so to bed...

Peace out

Poppie

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved