The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#124427 - 08/09/07 06:06 AM Re: Where to Now???
Cynthy Offline

Loc: California
Hi everyone, hi again Char222. Glad to hear you've got some exciting things going.

Today, for me, is difficult. Dave's birthday, he would have been 58 today. Its been 13 mos. since he's gone. I talk to him and God constantly. They watch over me I'm sure of it. I treasure my Boomer family and can't thank you all enough for your support. God bless you all! Cynthia

#124428 - 08/11/07 02:52 AM Re: Where to Now??? [Re: Cynthy]
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
Evening everyone-Mind if I jump into this conversation? Char-I can certainly relate to feeling lost and without purpose. After 35 years of taking care of husband, home and family, I felt I was lost in limbo when my husband died. For all those years, I never questioned my purpose in life, I knew where I belonged and what I was supposed to do. Then suddenly, I was rootless, without purpose (I thought). It's been almost 3 1/2 years now, since I lost Mel, and it's taken awhile to find my new purpose on the planet. I figured out what I wanted, what I knew how to do, upgraded my skills a bit and jumped in feet first. I don't have a degree either, but I'm not going to let that stop me; I figure I have the equivalent of at least an associate degree in life. So far, I've had some small successes, just enough to whet the appetite for more. I'm working right now on my book about being a widow and how to cope with making a new life without a husband. It sounds like you've already found a way to distract yourself, get out of the house and make some new friends. And of course, you have all the new friends here as well. Welcome to the group!

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#124429 - 08/12/07 01:13 AM Re: Where to Now??? [Re: copygal]
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Char222

I love to hear stories like your 222 Soooooo many times I am reminded that we are not alone

Yes, Dotsie - This is a hard month for us. Hubby's brother passed on Aug 12th, his sister Aug 21st and Rob on the 27th -- all that same month of the year 2001. And now we have to add his youngest sister Joni's birthday on Aug 16th and her passing this past Nov. It wouldnt hurt my feelings to "skip" August

But as far as Rob's "anniversary date" goes -- I celebrate his BIRTHDAY on Feb 24th and try not to think too long on his "deathday"

Carolyn
www.shurepetsproducts.com

#124430 - 08/12/07 07:00 PM Re: Where to Now??? [Re: lionspaaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Carolyn, you are in my thoguhts and prayers this month especially. And today is one of your dates so please know I'm carrying you girlfriend.

#124431 - 08/12/07 07:42 PM Re: Where to Now???
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
((((( THANK YOU DOTSIE )))))

Carolyn
www.shurepetsproducts.com

#124432 - 08/12/07 07:55 PM Re: Where to Now??? [Re: lionspaaw]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe we bump into angels, yet don't realize it b/c they're invisible to our eyes and intangible. Thus, Cynthy, Copygal and Lionspaw, I believe your loved ones are watching over you. Where a door is closed, a window opens -here are where the angels are.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved