The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 53 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#124813 - 08/03/07 02:48 AM Re: Crazy or What?! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle,

Your trips sound wonderful...Gary must be smiling!

It's an interesting question...would I sell my security to live my dream...whatever it is...and I have to say YES! I did just that 2 years ago...and I've never regreted it...

Would I do it for my husband...probably...as long as it was something that I also liked...of course...first I'd have to have a husband! LOL!

#124814 - 08/03/07 06:28 PM Re: Crazy or What?! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chickadee Offline

http://www.cbncompass.ca/index.cfm?iid=2687&sid=23446
Wanted to share about a couple from Newfoundland. They have the same idea as Hannelore's sis.
Dotsie, they will be in Maryland in October.

I don't think I am ready to set sail, but I love the water.

#124815 - 08/03/07 08:36 PM Re: Crazy or What?! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
That's so sad, Eagle Heart...but I'm glad you are reaping the benefits!

#124816 - 08/07/07 03:44 PM Re: Crazy or What?! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Great adventurer for sure! I'm not sure I would do that but I admire her enthusiasm and energy, not to mention love!!!!
Keeping her emails would be a great time-saver for her if she decides to write it all someday.

Hannelore, don't you enjoy her enjoyment of all this? Thanks for sharing this definitely inspiring tid bit of your sister's adventures at sea! Best wishes for them both.
NABBW & NAWW

#124817 - 08/08/07 12:21 PM Re: Crazy or What?! [Re: Songbird]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Chick, thanks for the link. These people just amaze me.

Eagle, will any of your travels lead you to Germany? If so, I'd be delighted to have you come visit...and you don't have to clean my refrigerator...My oven; ...well, that's another story. Seriously how wonderful that you can full fill your travel dreams.

Yes, Songbird, I am saving the Emails. Lots of good book material in them for my Stepsister.

#124818 - 07/21/08 11:43 AM Re: Crazy or What?! [Re: Edelweiss]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Yesterday I received an email with an update (60 pages long) from my step sister's sailing adventure.

She and her 66 year old husband finally crossed the Atlantic, and landed in Cuba. They experienced terrible storms; waves 16 feet high. Their main sail tore, their back railing fell off, and their motor over flooded. But they made it…on their last puff of wind, so to speak.

In Cuba she had to have some dental work done. Went to a dental clinic, where 20 dentist chairs were lined up next to each other. She said there were claw marks on the arm chairs. Without any novocaine they drilled her tooth. When she was supposed to spit in the basin, a big black bug crawled out of the drain. She kept aiming at it, and thinks she drowned it. Hahahaha. What a ham.

Now they are in Jamaica. Her report is a lot about the delicious food they eat. I think they are half starved on the boat. Oh well. Bon Voyage dear Annette!

I’ll let you all know when I hear from her again. They have 5 more years to go!

#124819 - 07/21/08 12:20 PM Re: Crazy or What?! [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thanks for the update, Edelweiss. I have heard the Atlantic is the worst of the seas, and hopefully the sailing will be uphill from here.

Cuba, for any type of health work sounds awful to me. She is a strong woman!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#124820 - 07/21/08 04:16 PM Re: Crazy or What?! [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
People like this amaze me! Where or how do you think she got her amazing sense of adventure? And how cool that her husband has the same.

#124821 - 07/21/08 04:37 PM Re: Crazy or What?!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Why do I keep hearing the theme from JAWS....I'm glad there are adventurous people like this in the world so that I can read about them, but there isn't enough money in the world to get me to do something like that! WOW!

#124822 - 07/21/08 04:52 PM Re: Crazy or What?! [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
The thought of doing something 'crazy or what' like your step sister and her husband is very appealing. While doing it, tho, I'd also like to be at home. Five plus years is a very long time... don't think I could say good-bye for that length of time - BUT, it sounds like something that would make the character GROW, grow, GROW!!! I say, two thumbs UP!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved