The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#125701 - 08/15/07 10:47 PM Wonderful Suprise!!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I hope she doesn't mind BUT I have to share this with our sister boomers...so here goes!

Have you ever settled down at night, in your favorite chair to relax after a hard days work only to have the phone ring??

You answer hesitantly, thinking someone is selling something at 8:00 p.m. at night or something is wrong, but instead you hear a very sweet voice say, "Hi Chatty, this is ??? from BWS calling. Are you busy?" Then after a multitude of happy words were spoken this dear lady said to me. "I have read so many of your posts, they made me laugh, made me cry and mostly they've made me think."

I saw your website address, looked it up and found this number. I just wanted to put a voice with the words and face."
I was calm sounding, but nearly in tears fron her wonderful and thoughtful words, someone just wanting to hear my voice WOW! Double WOW, WOW!

Now I have to say that this is the kind of surprise we should all have at least once, it was worth its weight(or mine, lol) in GOLD...

Thank you dear "DEE" for your thoughtful and especially pleasant phone call...
A million HUGS!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#125702 - 08/16/07 07:00 AM Re: Wonderful Suprise!!! [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
What a wonderful surprise Chatty. Dee is one of those special people who is all heart, not just words.

#125703 - 08/16/07 01:19 PM Re: Wonderful Suprise!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Beautiful! I bet she just made your day... or should I say "night"?

What a difference such a call makes!

Feel challenged to brighten someone's day yet? Go ahead, BW sisters. Let's reach out and touch someone!! I'm all for it!!
NABBW & NAWW

#125704 - 08/16/07 04:52 PM Re: Wonderful Suprise!!! [Re: Songbird]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Chatty, you have had a couple of surprises one in person that I recall you writing about here. What a nice thing for a BW sister to do! You certainly are a great presence on this site, and much appreciated. L, PL

#125705 - 08/16/07 05:04 PM Re: Wonderful Suprise!!! [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty, Dee is that kind of person. I had the honor of meeting her at a book signing I did in South Alabama a couple of years ago. Let me tell you, she is as sweet and beautiful a woman IN PERSON, as she is on the phone. She's just a doll. And I'm knowing that people are drawn to her personality like moths to a flame.

Now...after talking with YOU, I'm sure she's found the same kind of friendship, because honestly, you are the exact same way. I may not have met you face-to-face, but I don't have to in order to know that you have the kindest heart of anyone I've never met. I just adore you!

ps--we WILL meet soon! I promise!

JJ

#125706 - 08/16/07 06:11 PM Re: Wonderful Suprise!!! [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Awwwww ya'll....you're making me blush now. Stop it!!!

Thank you Chatty for those kind words...I'm glad that my phone call made you feel so good. Gosh, that's nice to hear. I was looking at your website, saw your phone number and thought...hey, why not call? And I'm glad I did. You're just precious and we sure did have a good laugh and I enjoyed our talk.

I met JJ at her book signing in Fairhope Alabama and I'm her number one fan...that and she's an Alabamian, like ich (that's 'me' in German...right Hannelore? or is it 'I'? Can't remember). I just saw the Boomer Magazine, JJ, and congratulations!!!! Wow...and Dotsie. I saw both your face on the back where it explains who's whom. Really cool.

Thanks again, and I love you guys.

#125707 - 08/16/07 06:59 PM Re: Wonderful Suprise!!! [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^group hug!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#125708 - 08/16/07 06:59 PM Re: Wonderful Suprise!!! [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

JJ, I am so lookiong forward to our meetring on day. When I was so very sick not too long ago and feeling scared and alone, there you were, calling to check on me and cheer me up. Well, thats exactly what you did, in so many ways. You words were so kind and cheery, only you could make someone in fear of dying, laugh so hard. Everytime after that call when I felt down or afraid, I thought of your call and it pulled me through. I will never forget you for that. You to me are an Angel here on earth...

I don't mean to sound all mushy, about these phone calls BUT truth is truth, and should be shared.
HUGS!!

#125709 - 08/16/07 08:16 PM Re: Wonderful Suprise!!! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Did ya'll get that? I'm an angel...nana nana boo boo! And don't forget it, k?

Now, I'm going to polish my halo....teehee...

Love ya gals, JJ

#125710 - 08/16/07 08:28 PM Re: Wonderful Suprise!!! [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Ha JJ, we all know you are a Bo-Jangle...Aaah Bo Angel....jeepers;... Angel! Yes angel I meant to say that right off. Must be your halo blinding the sense out of me.

#125711 - 08/16/07 08:31 PM Re: Wonderful Suprise!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Edelweiss Offline

#125712 - 08/16/07 09:22 PM Re: Wonderful Suprise!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Chatty and Dee...how neat that you have 'met'! It is wonderful to actually talk to someone that you have posted with...Dee...you must be a doll to think of it!

JJ...you may be da Queen...but you aint no angel...blurb...blurb...let me out of the moat!

#125713 - 08/16/07 09:36 PM Re: Wonderful Suprise!!! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dee Offline

Hey Carol...another Alabamian...hey, the three of us must get together sometime...JJ's north, I'm south...where are you?

And JJ does have a halo...I saw it the day we met.

#125714 - 08/17/07 08:28 AM Re: Wonderful Suprise!!! [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can just here the bantering going on between the two of you. What fun. Thanks for telling us Chatty. What a warm, fuzzy post.

#125715 - 08/18/07 01:37 PM Your space on my space... [Re: Edelweiss]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dee,
I was in here yesterday but didn't have time to post.
Just wanted you to know how much I enjoyed your space on my space. I had a great time looking at your family pictures.
And I think it was so nice of you to phone chatty and lift her spirit, too. Apparently, jj is good that, as well. You ladies are really nice to bolster each other in such a compassionate, caring manner. Angels, ALL!!!
Luv ya boomers!!!

#125716 - 08/18/07 02:25 PM Re: Your space on my space... [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Jane, meet me at the dungeon door.

Hannelore, that was a close one. Want to meet Jane at the door? Hmm? Watch your step missy.

Dee, Jane lives about 20-25 minutes from me. We get together when our schedules allow it. We even taught a class together. Jane is fun, caring, warm, friendly, and just an overall sweetheart. But don't tell her I said so, k?

Jane and I also met Chick-a-dee. If you want a nice experience, go meet this woman. You won't regret it. She makes you want to be a nicer person. I love her to pieces. And Mr. Chick, too. I think I've said this before. I can't remember. I'm old.

Bonnierose, I hope to meet you some day along with the rest of the boomers here. You seem to be such a caring and compassionate woman, and intelligent too from what I read. I love your participation!

AND..........I met the Dotster...Talk about the ultimate experience. Girls, you will be so delighted when you finally meet her. If I had been wearing my crown, I would have gladly given it to her. She is the Queen of Hearts.

#125717 - 08/18/07 08:28 PM Re: Your space on my space... [Re: jawjaw]
ShesPassionate Offline

"The Dotster"??

I only "know" you, Queen JJ, and Dotsie and I adore you two!
I want to be a part of your group, too!
Is there a secret handshake or something?

#125718 - 08/24/07 04:04 AM Re: Your space on my space... [Re: ShesPassionate]
Dee Offline

Bonnierose...I'm glad you enjoyed my myspace (I never know how to phrase that)...I had fun putting all that together, and I like that I was able to put the video I made for my son Ray on there for everyone to see. It was something that is so special and really touched his heart when he saw it...made him cry. For those who haven't done so, there's a section on myspace page (top right I think) that shows if a person has videos...there's one called "To Ray With Love" and it's sweet if you have the time to look at it.

I'm looking forward to the day in which I can meet more of you ladies. But, if that doesn't happen because of logistics then I'm still blessed by having you here anytime I want...on BWS..THANKS DOTSIE!!!!!
Hey JJ...if I come for a visit can I wear your crown for awhile? I just want to see what it feels like to wear one for a minute. My horns might get in the way, though.

#125719 - 08/24/07 09:19 AM Re: Your space on my space... [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dee, Love your myspace, come be my friend on mine. Request has been sent.

#125721 - 08/24/07 09:58 PM Re: Wonderful Surprise [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee, I just saw pictures on your site of the three most important men in your life. Boy are you blessed. You look like you all have so much fun together.

I am so impressed by some of the myspace pages and sites of the women who hang out here. I wish I had time to do a myspace page, but then I'd have a hard time deciding exactly what to put on it.

#125722 - 08/25/07 02:27 PM Re: Wonderful Surprise
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Dee, how's bout giving us link so we can go view the video. I would love to see it.

JJ

#125723 - 08/25/07 05:28 PM Re: Wonderful Surprise [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Anyone notice what a HUNK Dee's Larry is??? Va, va,va voom...

#125724 - 08/25/07 05:29 PM Re: Wonderful Surprise [Re: chatty lady]
chickadee Offline

No, but I'm gone to check him out.

#125725 - 08/26/07 02:34 AM Re: Wonderful Surprise [Re: chickadee]
Dee Offline

Chick you're funny...made me giggle, but I appreciate the compliment and agree 100%. I called Larry today (he was in New Orleans) and told him he has a fan club who thinks he's a hunk. He said what? I told him again. He said, "I heard you the first time...I just wanted to hear you said it again..." Made me laugh. But, I agree...he is a hunk....a sweet hunk.

The link to my videos is:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=9584723 (the one about my son Ray). It starts out with us leaving England when I was divorcing his father...the look on my sons face as he's saying goodbye to his Father still kills me. There are two songs with this video so keep watching...the transition caomes while Ray is sitting on the wing of the airplane.

The 2nd video I made was for my husband in celebration of our meeting and falling in love: (I am so glad I cut my hair..tee hee). Larry's my soul mate and I am so blessed as a Mother and as Larry' wife. For those who have read my story in Our Voices, then you'll understand why God gave me hope when I had none and why I cherish my family and life everyday.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=9587760

If those don't work use this:

http://www.myspace.com/noworriesdee

Then go to view my videos and you'll be there. Have fun. And thanks for lookin' in.

#125726 - 08/26/07 02:35 AM Re: Wonderful Surprise [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

P.S. Make sure your speakers are on and watch it in full screen if you are able to.

#125727 - 08/26/07 08:53 AM Re: Wonderful Surprise [Re: Dee]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Dee: Many thanks for sharing your lovely videos. The happiness and love shared comes across. You are indeed blessed, as Ray and Larry are.

#125728 - 08/27/07 05:24 AM Re: Wonderful Surprise [Re: Lola]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Dee and Chatty, I am so impressed with your MySpace pages...I wouldn't know where to begin to do that stuff...
Great work and thanks for sharing...:)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#125729 - 09/02/07 05:28 AM Re: Wonderful Surprise [Re: AvalonBlondi]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
If it's fairly easy, and you can send instructions, or let me know where to get them, I'd love to do this for my boyfriend.
It's his 50th coming up and it would be nice to send him something like this. I'm having a hard time finding a gift for him too as he has everything.
Kate

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved