The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#125869 - 09/09/07 01:35 PM Re: walking in the heat [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I skipped a week of walking. We were visiting our son in Florida Saturday - Wednesday and I was a lazy bum. It was fun to be lazy.

But - yesterday I walked with one of my fast walking friends and after not walking for one week, I had to stop on a hill to catch my breath. See what missing exercise for one lousy week will do to you? We walked for an hour and 20 minutes. We had lots to catch up on.

Anyone still walking.

#125870 - 09/09/07 04:00 PM Re: walking in the heat
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
I am so mad at myself because I haven't done much walking lately. My husband and I went out a couple times last week, because the evenings are finally getting more comfortable here. I do appreciate the fact that he is getting out there with me occasionally, it's nice to have that time together, but even when I am on a leisurely walk, I tend to catch myself walking faster and faster and he's saying, "hey hon, could you slow down, I'm not up for a power walk." I miss living next door to my friend Maggie, we used walk together and encourage each other, we both lost weight, and it had her diabetes under control.

#125871 - 09/12/07 02:14 PM Re: walking in the heat [Re: gerrbeck]
gerrbeck Offline

I'm walking again. I had to do something, I went back to my old job at a karate school here and couldn't get into any of my pants! I was so mad at myself for the 20 pounds I have put on over recent months. Not to mention, I have never had high blood pressure and now it's running borderline. So, since I'm up before the sun now anyway getting my daughter off to school, after she leaves, instead of taking that extra 30 minutes and drinking another cup of tea, I go for a good power walk, I started Monday and it felt really good.
My boss at the karate school, Sensei Pierce who is also a very good friend wants me to start Tai Chi, says I would definitely benefit, I'm always wound so tight. I watched part of a class the other night, looks very relaxing. I did try karate for a short time a while back, but I have back problems, a bad shoulder, just too much for me. His classes are VERY intense, not just karate, but total conditioning. But I do want a refresher course in self defense.

#125872 - 09/12/07 07:32 PM Re: walking in the heat [Re: gerrbeck]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Walking this morning was wonderful & invigorating! It was crisp and cool. Temps fall into the 50's last night.......ahhhh, delightful!

#125874 - 09/13/07 04:33 PM Re: walking in the heat [Re: ]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I don't go walking since I was hurt in the elevator. But I do work outside, in Florida, and use the stairs as often as possible for exercise. I have to walk 3 flight of stairs to get up to our resort and I do it several times a day. I drink water all day and night.

Last year was the hottest summer on record. This year the heat began a month early. This August was the hottest, driest August ever. I keep track of this stuff cuz I work outside and I need to know it's not just my age (or my mind).

I am vindicated by weather reports monthly.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#125875 - 09/14/07 12:44 AM Re: walking in the heat [Re: Saundra]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Saundra, I don't know how you stay in the heat all day. I bet a nice cool shower feels good when you get home.

gerrbeck, congrats on getting back out there. The weather in MD this time of year is great for walking. My walking partner called this mroning to cancel. She quietly whispered into the phome that she didn't sleep well and needed to catch a few more winks. Determined, I hooked the Ipod to my arm and took off alone. I only hook the ear piece in one ear so I can hear people sneaking up on me.

What do you do at the karate school? Our boys took karate when they were young. The oldest was on the demo team and performed in front of crowds and stuff. He also helped teach. He stopped at brown due to other school sports.

Anne, your life sounds so laid back. How cool is that?

#125876 - 09/17/07 11:40 AM Re: walking in the heat
gerrbeck Offline

Been away for a bit, so busy being back at work, etc. Dotsie, I do a little bit of everything at the school, I help with the after school program, work the front desk, help with billing, clerical work.

#125877 - 09/17/07 01:48 PM Re: walking in the heat [Re: gerrbeck]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I bet it's a fun place to work. The people at my kid's akrate school were so kid focused. It was neat.

#125878 - 09/24/07 11:52 PM Re: walking in the heat
gerrbeck Offline

Been away again working a lot. Had a few minutes to kill tonight. Dotsie, it is a fun place to work. Did I mention that we are a Christian karate school, that makes it even better. Classes are started by bowing in to The Ten Commandments and the students have Bible requirements, along with their other requirements to promote to each new belt. We are definitely very kid friendly, family oriented.

#125879 - 09/25/07 12:11 AM Re: walking in the heat [Re: gerrbeck]
gerrbeck Offline

I really have to get back to walking tomorrow. Last week I was not able to walk due to the fact that it was raining every morning last week. I had planned to walk this morning, but last night I had to take my husband to the ER at midnight and we didn't get home until 5:30 this evening. I can't believe I am still awake a little after 8:00 right now. Just waiting on my daughter to get home at 9:00 then going to bed, will get up early and walk.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved