The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#126451 - 08/27/07 03:12 PM Re: Family "starved" [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh Hannie, I'm so terribly sorry. I cried reading your post. Please know that you and your mother will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#126452 - 08/27/07 04:53 PM Re: Family "starved" [Re: Dianne]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hannelore, I am holding you and your Mom in prayer. Please, keep us posted when you can.
Hugs

#126453 - 08/27/07 07:04 PM Re: Family "starved" [Re: chickadee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
What would I do without my Boomer friends? Thank you for being there for me. It means the world to me.

Mom is doing better. She recovered fast, which is supposed to be an excellent sign.

A really good sign is that she's complaining about the doctors. She claims they are keeping her in the hospital on purpose, just to fill another bed and cash in more. Hah! That's my Mom for ya. She's terribly bored, and says the lady she's sharing the room with couldn't even keep up a conversation if a ventriloquist were working her mouth.

I thank you, and my mother thanks you from the bottom of her heart for all your prayers. She is so happy for me, that I have you all…and hopes that someday I can make a round trip to get to know everyone personally. I hope so too.

Dianne, that touched me so that you cried with me. Lola called me this morning from London. How wonderful is that! Lola, I don't want to call you back so late. Hope you read this, and see that all is better in German town. I'll try to give you a call tomorrow.

Love you all,
Hannelore

#126454 - 08/27/07 07:48 PM Re: Family "starved" [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Praying all continues to be well, Hannelore. All my best and lots of hugs to you both from London.

#126455 - 08/28/07 11:56 PM Re: Family "starved" [Re: Lola]
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Hannelore, I just read this post and want you to know you and your mom are in my prayers. Your post really touched my heart, made me think of my wonderful MIL who was more like a mom to me. I know exactly what you mean when you asked God to take her instead of her lingering and suffering. But I am glad she is doing well. Like Dotsie says, be there, talk to her and show her how much you love her.
God Bless,
Gerri

#126456 - 08/29/07 05:38 PM Re: Family "starved" [Re: gerrbeck]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannalore, I'm happy to hear that she recovered quickly. That IS a good sign. I speak feom experience because I've been through this with a loved one. I'm keeping the well wishes and happy thoughts coming your way...and when you make that trip, be sure to include Baltimore, MD!

#126458 - 08/29/07 08:06 PM Re: Family "starved" [Re: ]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Hannelore: I just read this and I pray your mom continues to recover fully. I admire your selflessness and strength. May the Lord continue blessing you, that you may continue blessing others.

For all the boomer friends missing their loved ones... I am so glad for friendships that brighten our days, even when we miss our loved ones so much! What would we do without friends?

One way to not notice the absence of the loved ones so much is to get involved in helping others that might be lonely or in need. That always helps, no matter the time of the year, but is specially true during the holidays. God bless you all and... I thank God for your friendship and this wonderful forum that makes us all ONE family!
NABBW & NAWW

#126459 - 08/30/07 08:42 AM Re: Family "starved" [Re: Songbird]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hello friends,
Mom is tickled pink to be back in her apartment. It was like Christmas and birthday together.

I have noticed, though that she has suffered under memory loss, and is a little more confused. I hope this is just a side effect, and that she'll recover.

Monday she'll be going to stay in an old age home for one week, just to see how she likes it. I hope and pray that she will accept that. It would be so much easier for me to know that she is under a 24 hour care. But I don't want to force anything on her, so I'm leaving it up to her right now if she wants to move permanently there.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved