The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#126773 - 09/02/07 10:22 AM Re: unwelcomed guest [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

Interesting that Ann327 felt the mans personal bounderies were significant.
I would like opinions about personal bounderies.Especially that we all reside in different places.
EG when meeting the kiss of welcome.A French friend does this twice (on each cheek)wheras is Scotland New Year was the only time I saw this wehn growing up.
With more travel and relocation we must have changed a bit.
I tried to teach sp. ed. students about bounderies.They can fuzz up what is acceptable.
What is the norm where you live...
NMountain ash

#126774 - 09/02/07 07:35 PM Re: unwelcomed guest [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Test!! the final one.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#126775 - 09/06/07 11:16 PM Re: unwelcomed guest [Re: ]
CaroMcK2 Offline

Loc: MA
They do have those "No soliciting" signs that to me means generally "no uninvited people" ~ subtle way ~ I too thought he was your neighbor ~ If it were me, I would call the police ~ maybe he has wandered away from his home and someone is looking for him ~ Do be careful ~ Hugs and Namaste

#126776 - 09/07/07 12:21 AM Re: unwelcomed guest [Re: CaroMcK2]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Katebecca, I worry for you regarding this man! I can't imagine why he would be bothering you for any good reason! He is harrassing you and not being able to open one's door for even a few moments is like being held hostage! I'd do what chatty says and 911 him just that fast! He clearly worries you or you would not mention him and would not mind opening your door! Try to be safe and give him the message very clear, to get lost!
How is it now?
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#126777 - 09/07/07 01:30 AM Re: unwelcomed guest [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kate, I understand your concern and appreciate you're radar (intuition), which is usually a caution predictor. I've a neighbor similar, a widower who likes to put his hands on women and make inappropriate comments towards them when he is unwelcome. Thus, I've learned not to 'invite' him, for instance when he is nearby I act as if I don't see him and become occupied, walk the other way when approaches on street, or any other public area. You see, his wife's death was ruled 'accidental' and for some unknown reason to me, he was not awarded the insurance policy of which he had increased a few weeks before the 'accident.'

Kate, it simply may also be innocent, yet I do understand the nuissance. Do you have a dog?

#126778 - 09/07/07 04:40 PM Re: unwelcomed guest [Re: ]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
I have a dog but she is no watch dog, barks and then hides under the bed:-)

Alas, the blackberries are drying up and he is no where around.

I think he got the message the last time he came to the door. He kept knocking and I ignored him. He knew I was in the house. I haven't seen him since then.

I think he is just an annoying person from the area looking for free berries although they are everywhere around here.

Next year I will put up a private property sign.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Kate

#126779 - 09/07/07 09:35 PM Re: unwelcomed guest [Re: katebcca]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sounds good.

Mountain, have you had that lunch yet? I can hardly wait to hear what else she asks.

We don't have hospitals for women only. At least I don't think we do. That's a great concept.

#126780 - 09/07/07 11:35 PM Re: unwelcomed guest
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
This is the whining zone right....Waaahhh, I have a very bad cold and just feel really yucky! Guess that's a good excuse to visit the forum and be lazy tonight.

#126781 - 09/07/07 11:45 PM Re: unwelcomed guest [Re: gerrbeck]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I hope you feel better very soon!
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#126782 - 09/08/07 11:20 PM Re: unwelcomed guest [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh gerrbeck, I too hope your cold passes soon. There is something worse about a summer cold, doesn't seem natural to me and I am always sicker with one, than one in the winter months. Stay warm, rested and fluids, lots of fluids.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved