The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#127019 - 09/28/07 02:34 AM Re: The second (or more) marriage
DEJ Offline

my grandparents were the only couple I knew who were married for a 50 + years, It only ended when my grandmother passed away. Thats what I was hoping for when I married the first time, unfortunately, that marriage ended after the 14-15 yr mark. Now on my second marriage, I'm hoping we will last longer.

DJ

Edited by DEJ (09/28/07 02:38 AM)

#127020 - 09/28/07 05:23 PM Re: The second (or more) marriage [Re: DEJ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thank you ladies for your warm words. It was really hard. The reason I find it hard for me to get comfortable with a man again is probably because I lost my first husband after five years and then 3 years later married another and he died after 14 years. That wasn't fair, I'm two for two...I did marry again another 14 years later, and that was a real timwe waster and adventure in insanity! I did get divorced, finally. Thats it for me...Why is it the good ones passed away and the as//ole is still wandering around the planet?? Hummmm!!!

Edited by chatty lady (09/28/07 05:24 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#127021 - 09/29/07 11:39 AM Re: The second (or more) marriage [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty and everyone, it's amazing to read how much we boomer women have endured through the years, yet still remain so positive, uplifting and faithful.

Three cheers for boomer women carrying on with dignity!

#127022 - 09/30/07 09:56 PM Re: The second (or more) marriage
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
To give him a chance to get it right, Chatty?

#127023 - 10/02/07 07:52 AM Re: The second (or more) marriage [Re: NewLeaf]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I would literally pay to see that Newleaf. This guys is such a liar/user that he doesn't even know his own true self any longer. I suppose however he could possibly change with the proper guidance. I won't be the one guiding however, been there, done that. Have the T-shirt, ordered the hat. LOL

#127024 - 10/02/07 02:14 PM Re: The second (or more) marriage [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Would the "proper guidance" include a swift kick with a frozen boot?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#127025 - 10/03/07 01:44 PM Re: The second (or more) marriage [Re: Dianne]
NewLeaf Offline

I was just thinking about it this morning and I don't think I will ever get married again. Don't get me wrong, I love men and will always be open to Mr Right, if he even exists or Mr Chemistry which is more likely..lol
But marriage is so intense and can be so disappointing when it fails and for me it has three times...one sudden death.

The trouble is, I know myself TOO well and my latest love interest said he and I weren't compatible. I thought about that a lot and decided, I'm probably not compatible for any guy out there.

It would take a saint and then I wouldn't want him because he would be too nice...lol

I just wish Johnny Depp would leave that chick he's with and bump into me. I think we would be great together...

#127026 - 10/07/07 10:11 AM Re: The second (or more) marriage [Re: NewLeaf]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well I have been single for so long and my life is so screwed up, hours wise. I come and go as I please, work day or night, whatever suits me. Buy and cook only my kinds of food and usually have a gang of visiting animals around me. I can't imagine any man fitting into my lifestyle, and thats fine with me. I am woman, hear me roar!!!

Edited by chatty lady (10/07/07 10:12 AM)

#127028 - 10/08/07 08:46 PM Re: The second (or more) marriage [Re: ]
NewLeaf Offline

Tuesday my ex had me drive to his apartment and pick him up and take the divorce papers he had drawn up by his lawyer to MY bank and sign and notorize them. Now its official..not final, but official.
I told him the moment the ink dried on the papers,he was virtually dead to me.
I haven't spoken to him since. Its strange the sadness I felt. Like something died in my presence. And it did. My marriage. I cried feeling the loss of something I had hoped for and pledged to.

#127029 - 10/08/07 10:41 PM Re: The second (or more) marriage [Re: NewLeaf]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Even when women want the divorce, there is still a period of grieving for what they expected.

Feel the pain and carry on.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved