The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 107 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#127030 - 10/08/07 11:48 PM Re: The second (or more) marriage
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Quote:

Even when women want the divorce, there is still a period of grieving for what they expected.

Feel the pain and carry on.

That's very true, Dotsie. It's the guilt thing. Thankfully, I have been able to ask for forgiveness from both my X's. One just recently died and I got to see him not long before. AND, he accepted Jesus not long before that! I'm so glad the Lord allowed me to see the change and miracle for which I had prayed many years prior!!

Edited by Di (10/08/07 11:48 PM)

#127031 - 10/09/07 02:29 AM Re: The second (or more) marriage [Re: Di]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I think the next marriage is good because you know what to do and what not to do! I'm not good at answering it because I finally ended up marrying a man knew as a child. It took almost no adjusting because we knew each other's family and long ago past where problems start. We were able to say, "you do that because you dad...," and get to the bottom of things. We both marrid other people first, of course, we were too young to date back then. Any marriage(s), I think, should teach you how to have a healthier relationship, right?
That would be a plus, many people I know remain married because that is what they know! They may not have anything in common anymore but they know the other person and are afraid of change!
dancer

Edited by dancer9 (10/09/07 02:34 AM)

"Question your privilege"

#127033 - 10/09/07 09:08 PM Re: The second (or more) marriage [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
dancer, my husband was my high school sweetheart. How corny. But, I agree. I like the way we have known one another's families forever. Actually, he was my older brother's friend first.

As long as we boomer women learn from the mistakes made in prior marriages, and try not to repeat those mistakes, all should be fine.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved