The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#127322 - 09/06/07 10:28 PM Problem daughter in-law ~
CaroMcK2 Offline

Loc: MA
From the 1st year of marriage my stepson had problems with his wife, cocaine, embezzling from co. she worked for, alcohol and on and on ~ They have 2 beatiful children girl is 21, boy is 18 ~ they want out of the house ~ love their mother but know she has problems ~ There is probably some pathology with the mother also ~ It is never ending and I am tired of "forgiving" her ~ yet want to keep some semblance of family ~ particularly around holidays ~ my husband is deceased and I feel close with my "step grand children" and want to help them ~ Their mother is jealous of everything we do or did for them ~ Anyone have a problem daughter-in-law????????

#127323 - 09/06/07 11:03 PM Re: Problem daughter in-law ~ [Re: CaroMcK2]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
I don't but I do have a problem person in the family, doesn't everyone"

I just keeping repeating the mantra " you can't change anyone else" as this helps. And focus on the positive, your grand children.

Nurture your relationship with them as that is important. There is nothing you can do about your daughter-in-law. You never know, she may change one day.

I used to be referred to as a problem daughter in-law when I was married. I never did anything but my husband complained to her all the time about me and she believed him. Now we are best of friends and she knows me for who I really am, not my ex-husbands distorted version.

Kate

#127324 - 09/06/07 11:08 PM Re: Problem daughter in-law ~ [Re: katebcca]
CaroMcK2 Offline

Loc: MA
thanks, Kate ~ that is what I do "focus on the fact, I can not change her" or anyone else ~ only my "attitude" ~
Yes, I am nurturing the relationship with the grand children and will continue ~ Glad to hear you are best friends with your mother-in-law ~ You sound like a great lady ~ positive and healthy ~

Hugs and Namaste,

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved