The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#127735 - 09/12/07 02:47 AM I'm officially on vacation.
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I hope to spend more time here now that I have some time off. My first vacation in 3-1/2 years with pay, no hurricanes and no injuries. I'm so excited. I only have 14 things on my "to do" list but some with take at least one day or more to complete.

Mostly I just want to read, watch movies, over-eat, see some friends and nap. No, I'm not taking bets on whether or not I get it all done. I just want to do it in air conditioning!
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#127736 - 09/12/07 06:58 AM Re: I'm officially on vacation. [Re: Saundra]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Wow, Saundra. 3.5 years is a looooong time. You surely deserve to be a woman of leisure in the next few days. Have fun!

#127738 - 09/12/07 11:49 PM Re: I'm officially on vacation. [Re: ]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Have a great time away from work. And take another vacation much sooner, next time. You deserve it.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#127739 - 09/13/07 06:55 AM Re: I'm officially on vacation. [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I hope you're in the middle of a pan full of brownies right now Saundra, and enjoying every minute of it!

#127740 - 09/13/07 04:01 PM Re: I'm officially on vacation. [Re: jawjaw]
Saundra Offline

Queenie, how do you do it? She always catches me eating brownies. I've gotten three non-fun items checked off my list in two days. I also watched four movies (including one today), started one book, and will pick up more books and movies from the library today or tomorrow. I ordered in advance so I'd have something fun to do while I'm eating brownies!

Saturday I'm going to the Flea Market with a friend. We have one of the largest in the country. This is a big deal because I always work on Saturdays. Sunday I'm staying home, over-eating, watching movies, reading and taking a nap - I always work on Sundays, too. Nothing feels like a Sunday, so I'm going to feel it all day and night.

I'm not sure I actually want to work on my book (writing blogs, etc.), but it is on my "work list." This relaxing thing isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Maybe it'll feel like fun if I'm not at work. I can't wait to find out.

#127741 - 09/13/07 10:34 PM Re: I'm officially on vacation. [Re: Saundra]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Wow, 3 1/2 years. Much too long... and I'm sure you agree Saundra.
As soon as my vacation is over, I start planning the next one. That way I always feel like I'm on vacation!
(Doesn't take much to keep me happy - just me and my imagination)
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#127742 - 09/14/07 12:50 AM Re: I'm officially on vacation. [Re: SharonE]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sharon, I think that's one of the keys to happiness; alwyas having something to look forward to.

Saundra, I only wish we could all hang with you in person while you are off. What movies are you watching and what book are you reading? I know. I'm nosy. Not really. Just interested. My son lives in Florida and said it was raining today. I bet you don't mind it. At least you're aren't outside working!

#127743 - 09/19/07 12:48 AM Re: I'm officially on vacation.
Saundra Offline

Dotsie, how much fun it would be to hang out with my Boomer sistas! If only I could sleep at night and without pain.

Many days were spent recovering from sleepless nights and on those days I watched some great movies: Fracture, Blood & Chocolate, In America, The History Boys, Georgia Rules, Black Snake Moan, Lonely Hearts, Water (English subtitles), and Perfume.

The book I enjoyed so much was written by Jill Smolinski "The Next thing on My List." It's about a woman who offers a ride home to another woman after a weight watchers class. They have a car accident and the invited passenger dies. The woman who survives (the driver) finds a list of 20 things the dead woman wanted to complete by her 25th birthday (it was in her purse) and decides to complete the woman's list for her (two things were already crossed off). I became totally invested in this woman's quest and was very pleased to learn I had completed many of the things that were on the list.

I had three wonderful days when I had slept the nights before and accomplished what I wanted to, including getting what I wanted at the Flea Market.

Of course, there was a power outage (not even during a storm), the toilet tank in the guest bathroom broke, my car went to the doctor and cost more than I figured on, and I spent two days trying to balance my checkbook, which always balances to the penny. I found that my renter's insurance company chaged me twice for one payment and I caught them. You go to the bank and fill out an affidavit to refute the amount.

I also spent some time looking for BeE magazine on the BABBW site and can't find it. Where is it?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved