The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#128717 - 10/03/07 12:48 AM Car Repairs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Geesh, I could just scream! My car is 7 years old with almost 87,000 miles, new front/rear braks, good tires, new no. 6 coil, new spark plugs and boots. Body still looks good.

Yet, there is something wrong in the rear end, either bearings, differential, etc. Have taken to trusted local shop twice and each time they say its this or that. Finally make appointment last week to drop of the car today and have whatever repairs needed (which would range from $800 to $1500 if "rebuilt"; $3K if new -- yet no real prognosses yet). Drop off car today and rent car. After three phone calls at 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM, and 4:00 PM, turns out they can't get to my car until later this week, thus I've got rent keep renting my car. I told the gal this and she put me on hold for 12 minutes to consult with the owner. She comes back and tells me that undermanned and she knew she would be undermanned, yet did not tell me even though she knew I'd have to rent a car. So, was told to come get your car, we're not going to repair it.

I was so mad for having to waste $35 on a rental car. I mean, how dare they knowingly misrepresent and then inform me that my car could lock up and kill me! Yet, no definite prognosses b/c they "could not get to it [car]".

Argh, they are not a member of the BBB, yet verified complaints. They are a large business and a complaint would not affect business. According to BBB, "Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process." Thus, not being a member they do not, nor did they, reply to complaints.

I'm so mad, now must find another shop to repair and can't afford to keep renting another vehicle. The rear end is making a 'growling' noise and most noticeable at 35-45 mph. Will see about repairs over the weekend and will hang out at the repair shop.

Just upset b/c up @ 5:00 AM, and still arrived late to work b/c Enterprise car rental did not have my rental. Total goat rope.

Was so mad, that I thought of making cute coupons and distributing at the local mall for %50 of all repairs at this shop! Yet, I'd get caught!

Geesh.

#128718 - 10/09/07 08:45 PM Re: Car Repairs [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe I'll just go shoot the repairmen.

#128719 - 10/09/07 09:24 PM Re: Car Repairs [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What a rip off. I wish you lived here. We have a great shop that does excellent work and is reasonable. Those places do exist. Can you get a referral from a friend so this doesn't happen again?

#128720 - 10/30/07 01:51 AM Re: Car Repairs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Finally got car fixed at another shop that fixed everything except that which needed repairs. Installed faulty part which caused brake fluid to drain and I wrecked. They had to pay for my rental car.

Two (2) weeks later someone backed into my car and cracked the bumper, left no note, as I was in the grocer store. I've no money left to pay for repairs! Will get a truck next year - with either chrome or black rubber bumpers. Geez, I hate it when people damage you car and then leave the scene.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved