The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#12898 - 12/20/04 03:51 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, can you tell us why you are sad?

I hadn't been here since yesterday morning because we hosted our family Christmas party last night. Today we went to church, straightened, and then I took my youngest Christmas shipping. I thought of all of you and was dying to get back here to see what I was missing. Thanks for being my home away from home. I love you all!

Smile, Ross is doing well. He's trying not to take insulin with dinner. His system is definitely going through some changes. This happens every 4-5 years. God gives me tremendous strength during these times, but I have to say...I could take the disease and throw it out the window.

I concern myself with his low blood sugar levels and my daughter's high levels because she has to control her Diabetes with diet and exercise. Egads...

I still say the lord knew what He was up to when our daughter was diagnosed with Diabetes. You have to remember she is adopted! Of all the diseases He could put in our home...Diabetes is the one we know how to care for. It's a miracle. Don't you think?

Thanks for your concern and PRAYERS! I feel blessed. It's nice to be on the other end of prayers at times.

#12899 - 12/20/04 05:24 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
My room will have vaulted ceilings, miles of shelves and closet space, and a window that looks out upon a fruit tree (just like at home!! [Big Grin] ) It will be huge and there will be all kinds of artwork on the walls. I'll be on the highest floor of the house. We'll have 87 variety of birds in our yard. Also lizards.

#12900 - 12/20/04 05:30 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
Today we went to church, straightened, and then I took my youngest Christmas shipping.

Hey Christmas shipping! Is that where you get to ship your kids off someplace else?? Where do I sign up? [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

#12901 - 12/20/04 05:49 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, I read in another post why you are sad. I prayer for you and your fmaily this morning. Please keep us posted.

Evie, hmm shipping...not there's a thought... [Wink]

#12902 - 12/20/04 06:11 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
JJ, I love your visuals. Thanks, Martha Stewart Wow!!! You always make us feel warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks so Much!!!
Chatty, yes you are wrapped in love here. Do hope you are feeling somewhat better today.
Maggie

#12903 - 12/20/04 06:51 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dotsie, I can't say I truly know much about caring for a family with diabetes, but I do know how the physical implications of that disease affect every aspect of medical care and it must be equally consuming at home.
I hope you can wrap yourself in the warmth of our concern and rest in knowing that we are in prayer.
And when we're in JJ's boomer mansion, we'll all be reading your best selling book while we munch on Chatty's yum yum goodies.

And Chatty, I hope you find a light in the darkness of your daughter in law's illness. I pray that she too finds peace in knowing God is with her at this time.

smile

#12904 - 12/21/04 01:36 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Our Wendys in the hospital since early this morning and the doctors are doing major testing. Now they say that the best case is its an infected gland and they can drain the poison and she'll be laid up several days OR it could be cancer but shes in for scans and whatever else they can come up with and my son will call me tonight with any news he has once he's seen her. She didn't want me or her older kids to come up there because she's in and out and we couldn't see her anyway, so we just have to wait. Please crank up those prayers ladies. This is one lovely sweet girl that has had all the bad in a life time anyone should have. Thank you for caring....I'm feeling silly today and I think its a self defense mechanism I use when worried sick. HEY! , Wendy just called me, how cool is that? She's had her tests and now has to wait until Thursday for the answers but God love her she sounds in good spirits and is on her way home with her daughter. Once she's feeling better I want her to join us Boomers, she could use you wonderful ladies love and support. [Razz]

#12905 - 12/21/04 01:51 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Chatty: we're still praying and hoping for the best. You are not alone. We love you and care for one another!-We are a family and as such, we are sticking together. God is our Healer, Comforter, and Friend.

#12906 - 12/21/04 02:21 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
angelsmuse Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Dotsie,
You are in my prayers as are all the rest of the boomers. It is so cool to have this big wonderful house on earth while we wait for our heavenly one.

Keep on Dreaming

Love and God Bless
Chris(angel) [Big Grin]

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved