The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#132376 - 12/08/07 11:54 AM Re: Emotions vs. illness...? [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
We lost that capability Hannelore when we switched over to this new forum. Sorry....and Gimster, I might visit, but THIS is my forum home. I love it here!

#132377 - 12/08/07 03:25 PM Re: Emotions vs. illness...? [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh, yes, this is my forum home too. I thought the suggestion was to make a private thread here. We can always PM.

#132378 - 12/08/07 03:29 PM Re: Emotions vs. illness...? [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I wish we could Princess...we had one at one time, but it is my understanding that we cannot have one now. I'll check with Dotsie and see if that is still true. It would be great if we could because there are someeeee subjects all of us would love to participate in but don't because of the privacy factor.

PM is an option, but I think (and I'm not sure about this) it would have to be done one at a time.

#132379 - 12/08/07 04:31 PM Re: Emotions vs. illness...? [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I wish we could too.

#132380 - 12/08/07 11:11 PM Re: Emotions vs. illness...? [Re: gims]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
dancer thanks for the answere i am glade it was a success for you.

#132381 - 12/08/07 11:18 PM Re: Emotions vs. illness...? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

princess, i made same type of decision young too then cmented it in earlie twenties, looking back it would have been a disaster if i had concived, well i think it would have been. I had a lot more to learn through as well as clean up the messie stuff.
I got pregnant late as you know as just in the nick of time biologicallie wise and also after i had given up hope on carrieing full term.
i still learning and still sorting but hopfullie what i know, what i descovered, what i changed in myself...is enough for the wee man.

FOREVER is a big word and what i relised when i read your post back was i had desolved any responcibilite that belongs to lucien. Hear this the right way, stuff happens we get hurt, we grow up then we become reponcible as to how we live our lifes theron in. That was the process for me as it is for manie of you.
Even with the best of my best intensions and abilitie, i pass on stuff to lucien, and its his responcibilite to not live from the yuckie stuff,
pheeewww think i got a bit gripped with yuckie stuff to the point that my desiree not to pass stuff on outweight the normal process of responcibilitie and learning and concise living that even my wee boy has to go through lol. imagine lol.
i may still want it to be the easiest pass for him and hopfullie it be easie enough and without the big messie yuckies that life can vest on the young.

#132382 - 12/08/07 11:20 PM Re: Emotions vs. illness...? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

what you ladies are taking about s some members onlie alternitive thread to run in parrelel to any other thread being descussed with any one being able to read it. that be reallie ususfull for some of the topics descussed heer. the onlie other thing is for one to pm, all who wanted to be involved and then all othrs comment on it.....its about all i can think off via the pm system wear we all get the same information.
well jj hope that you can get back with news that what was once in relation to this can onces again be done.

#132383 - 12/09/07 02:02 AM Re: Emotions vs. illness...? [Re: celtic_flame]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
it's interesting, this decision to have children, to not have children.
I know this: My mother did not want children. If I were concieved in another time, I would have possibly been an abortion. I am just pleased to be here. Jack Nickelson says the same thing as I do because apparently he would have been one too!

I'm glad my mother was stuck with having children, despite how she felt. I'm just glad to be alive that way.
dancer, off the topic of the original thread.

"Question your privilege"

#132384 - 12/09/07 04:41 AM Re: Emotions vs. illness...? [Re: Princess Lenora]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

I believe there was a forum on childless women, and I think I revealed that the main reason I did not want to have children was because I did not want to visit upon them the insanity of my family. I made this decision at 15 years old.

I made my decision not to have children when I was around 19....then it was confirmed when I was around 24. I remember just feeling nothing...not excited ..when a close friend of mine was excited about her own pregnancy. I was not sad, I was not jealous. I felt nothing. And at these moments in life, a person does ask: "Am I normal?"

For all the stress that my parents experienced having us, they still felt for a few years that it was not normal that I didn't want children. So I had to resist that unnecessary pressure...particularily from them.

However I know my decision was greatly affected by witnessing the stress of childraising through my parents. And seeing how childraising could (but not always) affect the individual happiness ..of a parent. And how they had to squelch personal desires and natural skills...to spend time and energy loving and raising many children properly.

There are times, if I sound/am shallow, egotistical. Most likely there are. But at least I'm not one of those Sex in the City gals who want lots of bling, sexual attraction, men, etc. Some of my earlier life experiences growing up, have grounded me ...forever.

#132385 - 12/09/07 02:30 PM Re: Emotions vs. illness...? [Re: orchid]
celtic_flame Offline

on the privicy issue. iv been heer little over a yr. I don't trade on-line in celtic name, i don't have a picture of myself beside my name so no one would recognise me propablie even if i had a picture beside my name. Although with a bit of digging pictures been put on in relashion to some subjects that i been iinvolved in.
I wouldn't reallie say stuff heer that be hell if it was traced back to me. Putting all bits of the stuff thats identifiable together then youd have to kinda far read to find out all the stuff, so i feel safe enough heer to start talking about the stuff thats been my childhood and my adulthood experinces.
Mind you its taken me nearlie a year to go beyond what i'd say to nearlie anyone intrested in off-line frendships, saying that i wouldn't discuss certine stuff off-line anyway but i have on heer.
I feel relativlie annonimise and just getting free enough and safe enough in feel to be more open and less garded.....thinik i am kinda luckie that when all considered i still am annonimise, i know its not the same for everione some have bussinesses, they want to protect some have frends or relatives they'd want to protect.

if more of you are actulie quite annonimise and can't be traced back to real life ..life lol. Then whats the thing stoping you saying more (this to everione and no one in particulare) i know it took me 1 yr to feel this way and i not to sure it took that long, what are your reasons?

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved