The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#133903 - 12/26/07 06:38 PM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: celtic_flame]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Celtic,
Your spirituality is inspiring. I've much myself. We should write some day!
I respect your open mind and life.
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#133904 - 12/27/07 04:39 AM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
My husband says I've had so many office hours IN therapy that I qualify as a therapist. Funny. Anyway, Celtic, yes, I know talk therapy takes years. I had tons of therapy in my teens, twenties, and thirties. It was not until I was 43 and NOT in therapy that my mind remembered the trauma. At the time, I was not working, my husband was working 15 hour days, I was in a new town, I knew nobody, so I started sketching, which was a new art expression for me. I was in a creative zone. While sketching, my hand wrote the memory "........." I was shocked. My hand wrote words I was not even thinking. It was as if I was hypnotized by the sketching to remember when all my defenses were down. That was a life changing turning point. Of course, the memory was so traumatic I subsequently went to therapy, yet again. The memory explained why I had been in pain my whole life. Anyway, the therapist I found at the time incorporated spiritual aspects into the sessions, which helped me grown. Yes, Celtic, I believe in guardians, and I've felt the nearness...You mentioned your mother. Celtic, you are a deep and thoughtful being! L, PL

#133905 - 12/27/07 05:52 AM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: Princess Lenora]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I wish you were here, celtic, to help me find and use a therapist. You made me feel willing to, despite the deeply instilled beliefs. You explained the religious thinking against meditation/hypnosis/messing with the spirit world very succinctly. I couldn't have done better myself - and I've lived it.
Princess, the more I hear of your life, the more I wish I could take it back from you. But, then you wouldn't be the person you are for us. You couldn't be any wonderful, tho. BTW, what is a psycho analyst? Where do they fall in the therapy lot?

And, how does one choose a hypnotist?

#133906 - 12/27/07 07:43 PM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Princess and Celtic,
There is a trick to use with your hands to help you remember things you have forgotten. I was taught it at the program at S. Tucson.
If you write a question with your right hand, ( or left hand if you are left handed,) and switch the pencil over to the other hand, your subconscious will answer the question if you sit there and wait for the pen to move on the paper! It works like MAGIC for some people! If the memory is bad, it's recommended that you use a red marker or pen and a large piece of paper because, after all, you are answering your own question with the hand you normally don't write with! It can work. It worked for me wonderfully and it worked for many patients there.

There are other tricks to help you get in touch with your subconscious. If you need help with something, just ask! I've twelve years of therapy and I "graduated!" I was told that I dont' need therapy by more than one psychiatrist, unless something horrid happened and I lost my balance.

dancer9

#133907 - 12/30/07 04:29 PM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I've done this method of journaling. When I was in a support group for women with cancer, we used this technique. Ask a question with your dominant hand, answer with your other hand. It's best to prep with quiet time, getting yourself comfortable with music, candles, etc. This is a great way to get in touch with yourself. Gims, you might try this technique, prior to or when in therapy. And take back my life? Thank you for the thought. There are others with way worse experiences. Hmm, that's one reason why I did not seek help, because I did not want to take time away from others (who I did not even know, just "others") who needed more than I. I suspect your psyche wants to heal, thus you are inquiring. Your soul, spirit, wants to be whole. Gims, if you want to PM me, maybe I can help you find a therapist. If you want to try it yourself, I would google "therapist" "counselors" "psychoanalysts" in your area. You will get web sites which will explain the "philosophy" of the therapist, and what methods they use. Methods might be what they are specifically trained in, such as cognitive/behavioral therapy, Jungian therapy, Freudian. You can even call these therapists and interview them, to get a feel for a possiblity of rapport with them. As for psychoanalyst, it is just another training. Some of these terms are interchangable. You might even find if the therapist is certified and licensed as a hypnotherapist. However, you should know that no therapist who is truly ethical will perform hypnotherapy on a first or second session. Would you believe that I was refused hypnotherapy? A Great therapist who did not think it was the best way to get in touch. She did recommend some methods, which I was not ready for at the time, but a couple of years later, with another therapist, what the 1st therapist had said came about. Also, my brother, who can't remember his childhood at all, asked for hypnotherapy, and he was refused, too. I have found therapists for others by a google search and a thorough investigation, others who have contacted me through my site after reading my book. Not that the book drives them to need therapy! Just the opposite, it shows people the benefits of therapy. Here's how I found my last therapist, 10 years ago, when I started fully remembering the traumatic events (while sketching!) I had been attending a Unity church. I called the minister if there was a list of therapists affiliated with the church who incorporated spirituality into the counseling process. And I specified female. And I found one who could not have been any better for me at that time. She did not preach, she just helped me to see my situations from all perspectives. How's that for the opposite of "the work of the devil?" Go forth and heal, my dear friend. You will find your own true self, and it will be good. L, PL

#133908 - 01/01/08 12:53 AM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: Princess Lenora]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
DANCER my pm is always open, if you can keep up with my typo's and spelling i am happie to chat with you about most things.

the same for nearlie all the other woman. I am not that good at being chattie but i try my hardest at writting regulary.

#133909 - 01/01/08 01:02 AM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

GIMSTER I certinlie help you anyway i could. At this point i echo what princess said about ensurring they are reputable even interviewing for a theripist, rember take as much care of the qualitie's and creditnsiols of those that treat your mind/emotions as you would for someone treating your bodie.

Princess L gotta a lot of experinces professionalie and in her owen life with theripists and she familure with the USA requirments to tranning and perhapps belonging to recognised and respoected proffesional bodies/memberships.

I know the requirments over heer but wouldn't know of the standared and what to be looking for in the usa. Take heed of the tranning etc. but also if you talk via phone or meet in person pay attention to what your gut or instincts are saying about the theripist. I would trust both and don't be blowen over by just the amount of qualificasions, view it all as a pakage. Its about the generalist but reliable bit of advice i give to anyone in this situasion.

good luck with your healing and your serarch for someone to aid you in this process.

#133910 - 01/01/08 01:03 AM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: celtic_flame]
dancer9 Offline

Celtic,
It is just that not often does my lifes work come into play. What I do is very rare and requires a very strange set of skills! Let's face it, I don't have a lot of work experience to share with others that is like theirs! Most watch dance but do not think of it as a job. I think it is very kind when someone is interested in dance because, well, it's what I have done with my life, amoung other things, and dance needs it. Dance needs people to support it and care about it. Dance is largely an art that people don't think about, even if we are on MTV doing a video, no one really thinks about that dancer on the video!

I'm used to it, dear Celtic, it's fine! I can talk to my fellow performers about it if I must and my husband and family. My friends as well, know much about dance from knowing me and coming with me to rehearsals and such.
Thank you for offering to talk and I'll remember that.
Your posts are great, Celtic, I like them a lot.
dancer9

#133911 - 01/01/08 01:13 AM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Princess lynne what a great example of how when the minds readie , reallie readie then bits of info pop up in our lifes when the minds readie and the situasions their, i get the silliest but usfull bits of insight or relativlie important bits of info when i doing the dishes. Nuthing earth shatterring theas days all thats stuffs been uncovered and worked throgh , thank goodness, well at lest i hope so lol i fairlie sure anyway.
The two points in common between your drawing and my dishes, the minds occupied or not almost idealing along leaving a quiter moment for the subconcise to depart stuff of relavinces in our concisness.

Wasent DANCER talking about self-hypnosis, inputting healthie positive informasion. Meditasion is creating one such situasion wear informasion from subconcise can become concise, in certine types of mediatasion. Other types is focusing from within a relaxed state on one portion or situasion in life, in some ways meditasion has been explained as "to think deeplie " about a certine things. Two diffrent types in nature one empties the mind and gives chances for informasion to appear the other focussing on a certine topic both usfull in their owen way.

I PRAY which i think is talking to god, randomlie or about a particulare thing then i let my mind wander, which is like listening for an answere. Thats the basic requirments between any type of concersasion or communicasion talking and listening. it works for me.

dancer thanks for the wee exercises your giving as examples, its good weather the woman in this conversasion know about them or not as someone may read them and get a good experinces from them.

#133912 - 01/01/08 01:15 AM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: celtic_flame]
dancer9 Offline

Celtic,
You're so right about using the time your mind is wandering for positive thoughts! It's sort of like those self help tapes some play for themselves to think positively. If you let your mind wander and think positive thoughts you will have positive experiences follow.
Energy follows thought.
It's important to let the mind have positive suggestions even if you do it yourself like it seems you do, Celtic! Thats so great! It is a bit like self hypnosis to picture positive outcomes and positive happenings you'd like. You can give yourself suggestions and they stay with you like little kind messangers!
I know it sounds silly but it works for me. I won't let my mind wander to the negative and I meditate and "listen," to my thoughts and make sure they are positive, looking for the positive in any situation that may arise.

I use music too. Music is powerful and if you use music that makes you feel good, or powerful, or beautiful, or energetic, it helps you in life. Music is what I've lived my life to and it affects me deeply. Putting on a piece of music each day that makes you feel good is a good practice to get into. If you do that, you will feel better physically and mentally. I try to teach that to my students. I try to tell them to play themselves a song everyday no matter what else they do. They can move to it or not, depending how they feel and to include that song title in their journal if they keep one. "Today I played, ________ works very well in helping me tap their creativity.

The hardest thing to get students to do, or adults in the theater is to let go and become their characters. It helps me if I get them to let go to their favorite music every day.

It can work against you as well if you are subjected to music that upsets you.

Industrial Psychologists have known this for years. They choose music to play for workers that they know will get the maximum work from them and the best concentration. Stores hire them to do this and businesses, factories, etc..

Secret weapons!

Dancer

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved