The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 198 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#133841 - 12/05/07 11:55 PM Your views and experiences
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
How about we go here with our feelings about this.
My feelings were expressed on the thread about my family problem.
and you?
dancer9

Edited by jawjaw (12/06/07 12:26 AM)

"Question your privilege"

#133842 - 12/05/07 11:57 PM Your views and experiences [Re: dancer9]
dancer9 Offline

From Lady Jane,
"Oh, I really don't want to hijack this thread...but...that, Dianne & dancer is my concern...the hiding. They...well HE says "all guys do it" but goes out of his way to hide it. I don't know why because he also knows how computer savvy I am. He got sooo angry when I called him on it...again...that he flipped over the monitor and claimed I attacked him verbally. Actually I was trying to discuss it like an adult. He says he'll put a computer in his garage just for "it." How does an otherwise sweet, sensitive man go crazy like this? I haven't brought it up for awhile because it means a night of fighting and there's no fight left with me. I want to talk like an adult or not say anything at all. I've seen some of this stuff and all he ever views is bondage...sick, violent, abusive things done to women. It's so awful and it makes me feel numb inside. Not sure what to do."

Who is this, Lady Jane? Is this your man? If so, I want to say first how sorry I am that you have to deal with this.

I see P as an addiction for many men. To say they cannot live without it and will change their lives to have it in their lives is to me, an addiction.

I don't know why men do this but I know it is hurtful to women and their self esteem! I know a lot of p is violent towards women.

Have you seen what kind of p he looks at, Lady? ( Opps, I see it is bondage.) My feeling about a man looking at bondagae is that he has power issues with women! It is my first feeling, anyway! To want to see us tied up and abused is like a need to have power over women. Maybe he feels powerless? However, there is violence in that as well. It would seem it might have something to do with his own sexuality, MAYBE. All this is a "maybe."

Did he move to the garage or are you living with it? How often does he look at it?

dancer

Edited by jawjaw (12/06/07 12:58 AM)

#133843 - 12/06/07 12:15 AM Your views and experiences [Re: dancer9]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Well, I have very strong opinions on it - and great fear of the longterm ripple effect. I think that p is an insidious spiderweb of silent but deadly darkness that is slowly creeping into epidemic proportion. I think its real danger is that it increasingly numbs the viewer to the dehumanization of women (and children - in fact, all human life) and by the sheer numbers of those addicted to it, gives implicit permission to take that dehumanization into the "real world".

I think that there are men who might never have chosen the behaviours and actions that they did if they hadn't believed that those were sanctioned in their minds - and where do they get that sanction? By watching others - an ever-increasing number of others - doing the same thing. Perhaps there's a cyber-gang mentality at play, I don't know, but I think that the more they're exposed to, the more normal it becomes and the more other men that they know are participating, the more permissible it must also become in their minds.

I think that men, especially younger men who play violent video games from an early age and then "graduate" to full-scale p, eventually become dangerously desensitized and incapable of separating the fantasy world from the real world.

Edited by Eagle Heart (12/06/07 12:37 AM)

(Maya Angelou)

#133844 - 12/06/07 12:21 AM Your views and experiences [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

Just a quick aside here, perhaps for JJ and/or Dotsie...we know that BWS is one of the top hits for Google searches. Are we opening ourselves up to an onslaught of spam and unwanted attention here with this subject line? I'm just wondering if we would need to consider changing the topic line to something that won't show up for anyone googling "p..."

Oh YUCK! I just googled the word just to see what would happen. The good news is that BWS didn't show up (yet), the bad news is everything else that did. ARGHHHHH.

Edited by Eagle Heart (12/06/07 12:42 AM)

(Maya Angelou)

#133845 - 12/06/07 12:31 AM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I changed the titles, but ladies, whenever you use this sort of terminology, its going to bring in unwanted guest. When you do a search on the Google, it doesn't just pick up the title of things, it searches it all.

You have it in the body of the post, so removing it from the title probably won't help much.

Please do not get detailed here. If you do, we may have to remove or change your wording. REMEMBER...THIS FORUM IS PUBLIC. That means everything you post in here can be seen by every single person in the world wide web....

Just be cautious, please.

#133846 - 12/06/07 12:33 AM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: Eagle Heart]
dancer9 Offline

Opps, sorry! My bad.
dancer

#133847 - 12/06/07 12:35 AM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

Maybe we could substitute the "p" word for, well, the "p" word. I'll go back and change mine.

Edited by Eagle Heart (12/06/07 12:36 AM)

(Maya Angelou)

#133848 - 12/06/07 12:38 AM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Jaw Jaw,I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to start a stir here!
dancer

Edited by dancer9 (12/06/07 12:39 AM)

#133849 - 12/06/07 12:45 AM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: dancer9]
Eagle Heart Offline

Dancer, it's a good question! We just know from experience that we have to be creative in how we phrase ourselves in these kinds of discussions so that we don't attract unwanted attention.

(Maya Angelou)

#133850 - 12/06/07 12:46 AM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Of course you didn't! We know that. Not to worry...just be cautious, like I mentioned.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved