The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 98 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#134112 - 12/17/07 07:05 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'll be there soon, Chatty! lol!
dancer9, close enough to smell them!

"Question your privilege"

#134113 - 12/18/07 01:09 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: dancer9]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
Ladyjane, yummy! I love the sound of your chicken pie! I always make a chicken stew for Christmas dinner. I cook it on Christmas Eve so all I have to do the next day is the veg. I do roast potatoes, roast parsnips, stuffing balls, sweetcorn and carrots. Almost everything gets put in the oven so it's really easy! Then I do a traditional Christmas pudding with cream with a choice of a different dessert of some kind for those who don't like pudding. I find it works out so much better than trying to roast a big bird in the oven...plus, my daughter is vegetarian so it's easier for her not to have a big carcass on the table!!

#134114 - 12/18/07 01:23 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: Countrygirl]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
That sounds so good, countrygirl! I think the leftovers are even nicer! I LOVE making a Rattlesnake sandwich....nice bread, cranberry sauce, turkey and stuffing all warmed up!

#134115 - 12/18/07 01:51 PM Love Christmas... [Re: ladyjane]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
You ladies sound busy. Christmas Eve my adoptive brother, sister-in-law and their oldest son come here for dinner. Then we exchange gifts. Christmas Day we go to his youngest son's house, a few miles away. My mother-in-law stays with hubby and me for the Holidays. The tree is up and decorated. The house front is lined with white icycle lights. There's a multi-colored, artificial tree where the birdbath stands in the summer: a stone circle that's filled with soil and stands on the west side of our driveway. Candles are in the bay window. I cleaned most of the closets, draws and now have to wash the floors, etc.: do the usual cleaning that no one notices but me. I love Jesus and Christmas. And I thank God that I'm an American. I thank God that I found this site, too!
Blessings and prayers...

#134116 - 12/18/07 06:01 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Lady Jane, my lovely friend,
WHAT is a rattlesnake sandwiche???
I'm living in the desert, imagine.
dancer9

#134117 - 12/18/07 06:22 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

hmmm, yes, dancer that might freak you out a bit considering where you're from! So sorry....(I'm giggling a bit though). It's as I described above....some really nice, nice bread with the leftovers in it...turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce with mayo...and nicely warmed. Where the rattlesnake term came from, I don't know. Some really nice New England inns and hotels serve it up by that name, too.

#134118 - 12/18/07 06:36 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
In my neck of the woods, where they hold rattlesnake roundups, you don't mention the R word without having something like "shoot, kill, or destroy" attached to the sentence. Ewww...

#134119 - 12/18/07 06:46 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Wow, Lady Jane, look what you can learn here! I'll recommend it to my husband if we are in that area of the country!
Uh huh ~ rattlesnake indeed! We shoot them.
dancer9

#134120 - 12/18/07 07:22 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

I know, JJ...I very a-scared of your neck of the woods because they shoot everything...including yankees.

#134121 - 12/18/07 07:27 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

dancer, yes come up this way sometime for a Rattlesnake lunch. You and hubby may love it. And it won't look at all snake-like.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved