The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 119 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#134122 - 12/18/07 07:49 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
LOL! Now, now...LJ...we don't REALLY shoot tourist...only when they are in season, honest injun!

And YOU are welcome here any old time! I don't even own a gun. Nu uh...sure don't.

#134123 - 12/18/07 08:14 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
We have a very rude bumper sticker up here for summer tourists that says
"Welcome to Maine!
Now go home!!"
Not very nice, is it?

#134124 - 12/18/07 08:40 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: ladyjane]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
It's kinda sad. I miss Christmas so much (from the past) yet DH and do NOTHING! No decorating (I hate to put stuff up only take it down)...no visiting, no special meal nor gifts. It's just not what we see Christmas as being.

So, we hide under the blanket until Dec. 26. I wish I could afford for us to be with family. We just can't. Plus with six dogs we are tied down. (We LOVE our dogs, don't get me wrong..and would never leave them)

Just wanting to voice my sadness. I have not had a "Christmas' with family since 1992.

Not seeking solutions here....just to let others know that many are sad during this time of year. The media plays a HUGE part.

Edited by Di (12/18/07 08:41 PM)

#134125 - 12/18/07 09:30 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: Di]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm so sorry for the way you feel, Di. I wish for you, better Christmas's and a new "family," you can build for yourself of loving friends!
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#134126 - 12/18/07 09:31 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

In Arizona, we have "snow birds go home," and "Arizona Native," stickers for those who are native. People also leave their registration stickers on to prove how long they have been here!
dancer9 native

#134127 - 12/18/07 09:34 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

lol, Lady Jane, SO true!
dancer

#134128 - 12/18/07 11:29 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I like the one: WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS, COULD KILL YOU...

Not too accomodating but tourists to us that live here are a real pain in the as-phalt, he, he!!!

Say Di, why not go out and buy some Christmas goodies for the family that is there in your home, you, your hubby and the dogs? Why not make the best of the situation. I swear I would love to give you a big fast drink of APPRECIATION for the things you DO have...geesh!!! Times a wastin and so's your life dear girl...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#134129 - 12/19/07 03:55 AM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: Di]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

It's kinda sad. I miss Christmas so much (from the past) yet DH and do NOTHING! No decorating (I hate to put stuff up only take it down)...no visiting, no special meal nor gifts. It's just not what we see Christmas as being.

So, we hide under the blanket until Dec. 26. I wish I could afford for us to be with family. We just can't. Plus with six dogs we are tied down. (We LOVE our dogs, don't get me wrong..and would never leave them)

Just wanting to voice my sadness. I have not had a "Christmas' with family since 1992.

Di, would be nice you and DH just have a lovely evening meal together on Christmas Eve or Day.

I have not celebrated Christmas by myself...since it's either with my partner or earlier in life, prior to him, it was with my (big) family with siblings and all.

But am certain if one day...and it will happen decades later, that I may celebrate Christmas by myself. Then, when the time comes, Christmas does deserve a lovely meal and thoughtful contemplation --no matter where one is at, in life.

#134130 - 12/19/07 12:08 PM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: orchid]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Time IS a-wasting!! It would be easy to have a ball at Christmas....you just have to do it!! We make our own celebrations and a choice to do it. It's in the "choice" as to what and how you do it. Otherwise it becomes a game of self-pity and not positive thinking!

#134131 - 12/21/07 07:56 AM Re: turkeyless- but still Christmas meal, fun [Re: ladyjane]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
This year I donated 50 pieces of inexpensive jewelry to a local "Christmas clearinghouse" for low income families. I put them in nice gift boxes, five pieces to a box in matching sets.

Because of my work schedule, I couldn't bring them in until the actual day of distribution (as opposed to the week previous.) As I was putting the lids underneath the boxes (so the contents could be seen) the little girls were oohing and aahing and all 10 boxes were gone in 2 minutes. (The kids were allowed to choose only one thing!)

Everyone (kids AND staff) kept thanking me, and I just thought, "It's such a little thing."

Maybe next year I'll bring 20 boxes.

Poet and essayist

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved