The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#134706 - 12/19/07 12:39 PM Re: Writing our "Boomer Babes Holiday" Story [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
...bother you to write a book about the Boomers? You could take your time and I suppose we could take up a collection to keep you going! I would hate to let such an opportunity pass because, as you know, the Boomer sisters.....

#134708 - 12/19/07 07:15 PM Re: Writing our "Boomer Babes Holiday" Story [Re: ]
ladyjane Offline

their lives could fill several volumes, too. Chatty looked thoughtful and with a "Hmmmm", she replied...

#134709 - 12/20/07 04:11 AM Re: Writing our "Boomer Babes Holiday" Story [Re: ladyjane]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
"I know, I know here's what we will do....

#134710 - 12/20/07 04:15 AM Re: Writing our "Boomer Babes Holiday" Story [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

We have to start somewhere, so we will start with the Princess, and her mad crush on Sir Paul McCartney. We'll get all the other boomers who had a crush on a Beatle (and still do) confess their fantasies of what they thought their life would be like. We'll get all the girls to remember when they played "house" in the 3rd grade. You remember, each girl took a turn as to whom she would marry? I always got Paul. That was a given. So Chatty started making notes on those fantasies of being married to a Beatle, and the next one to confess was________ and I can't believe what she told us! She let out her secret, which was ___________

#134711 - 12/20/07 12:41 PM Re: Writing our "Boomer Babes Holiday" Story [Re: Princess Lenora]
ladyjane Offline

...and the next one to confess was Lady Jane and I can't believe what she told us! She let out her secret, which was she, too, had a mega crush on Sir Paul but she was afraid Princess would get too upset and come after her, so...she let out her REAL secret which was....

#134712 - 12/21/07 05:19 AM Re: Writing our "Boomer Babes Holiday" Story [Re: ladyjane]
Princess Lenora Offline

that Lady Jane and The Princess were going to duke it out over Sir Paul. But then, that REAL secret, which only Lady Jane can tell, was something that only the Chatty Lady knew, since Lady Jane had revealed it in the book that Chatty was ghost writing for Lady Jane. One day, Chatty spilled a latte on the confidentiality agreement Lady Jane had made Chatty signed, so Chatty forgot all about what was on that document. Chatty went to a pajama party with all her boomer sisters. Oprah had provided all the pajamas from Oprahs favorite pj designer. We were all so cozy in our pjs with prints of snow flakes, evergreen trees, and shining stars. The Princess had customized her PJs with sequins. Meredith embellished her PJs with beads. The sisters watched chick flicks and shared fashion and make up tips. As they were all propped on pillows, cuddled in blankets, they were eating popcorn and drinking Kahlua hot chocolates. Chatty started to tell us about this fabulous story she was ghost writing for Lady Jane's, and Chatty got so wrapped up in the story, that she inadvertantly let the secret slip. Oh my, her tongue had gotten so loose from the Kahlua! and here is what Chatty told us. Many of us now know, so anyone can reveal that secret, if she dares...But you must whisper, because you never know if/when the paparazzi are lurking...Go on, someone, please tell me, I'm dying to know....

#134713 - 12/21/07 06:50 AM Re: Writing our "Boomer Babes Holiday" Story [Re: Princess Lenora]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
... when Lady Jane was just entering high school, she won a trip to Liverpool. An older friend was suppose to travel with her, but as it turned out she made the trip alone. It wasn't the best of situations, but having proved herself over and over, her parents trusted she'd be fine. It didn't turn out that way, however. She not only lost her itinerary before leaving the plane, she had failed to convert her U.S. dollars. Worried and alone, she didn't disembark after her plane landed in Liverpool. She sat in her seat, fretting over what she'd do next. Near tears she looked around to take in her surroundings, hoping to find a single source of aide. A disheaveled young man was gathering his things two rows behind her. Listening intently, she could hear him testing words to a song that seemed to be written for her situation, "Help, I need somebody, Help, not just anybody, Help, you know I need someone, he-e-e-l-l-p."
Jane jumped from her seat and without a pinch of dignity hollered, "Me, too!"
The young man immediately stopped what he was doing, slowly and cautiously turning toward Jane. He then...

#134714 - 12/21/07 12:07 PM Re: Writing our "Boomer Babes Holiday" Story [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
smiled a dashing smile and asked if he could be of service to his pretty friend from across the pond? Well, Jane was so impressed with his chivalry that she followed him off the plane and into a waiting automobile. He told her his name was Paul and he was going to rehearse with his band, would she like to come along. Jane and Paul were inseperable for that week and she was the first love of the man now known as Sir Paul of the famous Beetles. Paul begged Jane to remain in England with him, but she was too young and promised until her return she would write everyday. Jane never returned to Paul and the rest is history. Chatty passed out cold among the questions coming at her in a rapid pace from all in attendance at the pajama party. She was too drunk to realize she had broken a confidence, but the next morning when she went down for breakfast, Jane came up behind her and said, I hope...

Edited by chatty lady (12/21/07 12:10 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#134715 - 12/21/07 12:54 PM Re: Writing our "Boomer Babes Holiday" Story [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

"...your hangover isn't as bad as mine!" The image in her mind and opportunity missed by a foolish young girl had Jane depressed. She didn't want to answer all the questions from others that remained that morning. She was lost in long ago dreams. But, hey, it was Christmas! It was time for the Boomers to get busy decorating Chatty's place and planning the semi-formal party for that evening....Still, Jane kept hearing "there were bells on a hill, but I never heard them ringing...no, I never heard them at all...till there was you"...

#134716 - 12/22/07 01:04 AM Re: Writing our "Boomer Babes Holiday" Story [Re: ladyjane]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Hearing footsteps coming up the hallway, Jane straightened her back and put on a smile, and it wasn't a minute too soon. Georgia with a satchel clutched tight so the weight wouldn't misplace her balance and Dotsie laddened with what looked like invitations entered the room. They both caught themselves staring at Jane, sensing her ruffled spirit. Georgia diverted her attention long enough to hoist the satchel up and onto the table positioned under the large plate glass window, then turned her attention back to Jane. Dotsie, who had taken a seat in the chair nearest Jane, turned her gaze to the doorway. There stood...

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved