The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#135604 - 01/02/08 07:58 PM Re: Men sharing cooking, housework-rare? [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Bonnie I know I have an unusual husband in the housekeeping department...but still that isn't everything. But then again, what's perfect? I just read the other day that if you can honestly say your marriage is 80% good, than you are fine. If it's less then that, then you need to work on it.
I think I’m around the 75% level. And we are working on it.A year ago I would have said 40%...so I'm living proof; it can be changed.

#135605 - 01/03/08 07:49 PM Re: Men sharing cooking, housework-rare? [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, now that's an inspirational post. I'm hoping that by this time next year, you're above the 80% mark. Whoda thunk?

#135606 - 01/03/08 08:31 PM Re: Men sharing cooking, housework-rare?
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I'm single, but I did live with a man who cooked and cleaned and I've dated others who did. Most of the women I know are with men who cook and clean because most of the women I know never cooked before they got married.

The tables have turned and men are putting food on them and cleaning them after the meal!
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#135607 - 01/03/08 09:08 PM Re: Men sharing cooking, housework-rare? [Re: Saundra]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
When my husband and I are very old, he'll probably toddle around with me and help with housework. For now, his chores are the big stuff and I thank God he can do all that he can. And once in awhile, including tonight he brings home dinner which is always special. Gotta love a handyman!

#135608 - 01/03/08 11:11 PM Re: Men sharing cooking, housework-rare? [Re: ladyjane]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Funny story:
Back 50,000 years ago, when Hubbo and I were still dating, he lived in a dorm room and I lived in an apartment so I'd often invite him over for homemade dinner. He never once offered to help with clean-up.

So one day I made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He said, "I really don't like peanut butter and jelly."

I said, "Until you start helping in this kitchen, I'll make whatever I damn please. This is not a restaurant. He who wishes to eat in this kitchen, cooks and cleans in this kitchen. Otherwise, it's peanut butter and jelly."

He's been helping in the kitchen ever since -- and has become an expert in Nukebox Cuisine for the evenings when I go out for activities or with my friends.

Now for the rest of the house -- it's like pulling teeth -- but when I really want something done, I threaten to hire another housecleaner or handyman. And I've lowered my standards a little -- better to live with dust, than to become the maid.

Poet and essayist

#135609 - 01/04/08 02:09 PM Re: Men sharing cooking, housework-rare? [Re: meredithbead]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Ms. M,
What a great story. My guy gets stuff out of cupboard and then leaves it for me to put away. But, IMO, the little things aren't worth fretting over. LOL...

#135610 - 01/04/08 08:15 PM Re: Men sharing cooking, housework-rare? [Re: jabber]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hubbo is the flip side of that. He's an obsessive order freak -- which means, if I put something in a cabinet and it's 2" to the left of where it was yesterday, he's goes into hysterics and starts yelling about "Where did you put the --?"

So he gets to put away the groceries, and the dishes, and anything taken out of the refrigerator or cabinet. Everything except my peanut butter and nuts, which I had to stand my ground on, otherwise they'd be hidden behind something we never use.

His idiosyncracies can be annoying, but I ignore them when possible.

Poet and essayist

#135611 - 01/05/08 10:32 AM Re: Men sharing cooking, housework-rare? [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Meredith, my ex (#3) was the biggest slob on the face of this earth. You could always tell when he'd been in a room, there would be a glass here, a dish there, papers everywhere, something spilled, never anything cleaned or put away. He would put his trash next to, one inch away from the garbage bag. Plus he was sloppy about his personal hygiene as well. I couldn't believe it when he moved in here, you could have eaten off my floors then, not after he got here. I just absolutely hated that loser. He nearly ruined my entire life. He is lucky I believe in God so strongly, or I know with my temper, I would have murdered him, I swear its true...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#135612 - 01/06/08 04:04 AM Re: Men sharing cooking, housework-rare? [Re: chatty lady]
AmyDoodle Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Chatty, I can't imagine you having a temper.

I'll have to admit that when I married Bill, he brought something into the marriage I didn't have: an iron and ironing board. I had two little boys who watched him with big eyes as he set the ironing board up the first time. "Mama, what's that?" they asked, aghast. They were hoping it was a big toy!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved