The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#136382 - 01/04/08 06:11 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dale Evans

(Maya Angelou)

#136383 - 01/04/08 06:32 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: Eagle Heart]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Roy Rogers horse

#136384 - 01/04/08 07:10 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Wow, everyone was into comedy!
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#136385 - 01/04/08 07:44 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: dancer9]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
A Ballet Dancer or just a dancer on Broadway in New York City . If that counts . I still love to dance and maybe teach basic ballet to boomer's , soon at night at the local college .

I have not been on for awhile , but hope my comment will help .

Take care all

#136386 - 01/04/08 08:13 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: Sadie]
dancer9 Offline

Yay,Renee! Do I detect another dancer on the forum?? How awesome is that??
Teaching is SO rewarding! I teach Master Classes and I love how their face lights up when they finally master a move or a set of counts! No matter who they are, Boomer beginners, (good idea,) or young and upcoming dancers, they are so, (and rightfully,) thrilled when they get it right!

Renee is my sisters name as well!
Will you be teaching the boomers, Renee?

How exciting!
dancer9

#136388 - 01/04/08 09:36 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Rene, good to see you. Off the subject, but how's hubby?

How about dancer giving us dance lessons when we meet in Vegas in April?

#136389 - 01/04/08 09:42 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___
dancer9 Offline

I'm on it, Dotsie. Let me warn you: I am as weird in person as I am in writing! I'm more fun in person tho.

Letttttts dance!
dancer9

#136390 - 01/04/08 10:56 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: dancer9]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Thank's , for the offer Dotsie of Vegas, but I will not be coming . I am taking a "Creative Writing Course" at CCBC in HV , and then a class on" Memoir Writing" that is back to back classes and maybe a "Digital Camera" Class in between . My friends think I take really good pictures with my new camera . I won a contest for writing a Christmas story when I was a little girl , of 250 words and had a friend to edit it for me . My friend Louise helped me on here .

Thanks for asking about hubby having back surgery on Jan 18th St. Joe's Hospital . We are praying he will be about to walk 10 miles again . So we can go back to ballroom dancing one day and take that cruise we have always dreamed of and go see the Grand Canyon or go look at the painted desert once again .

Anne , My parents did not have the money to send me to to college after high school either , because in financal reason , but went back and took a year and half of studies and now do non credit classes and learn as much a I can learn . One should never stop learning . Being a caregiver is good also. it does have it's rewards though . I did a lot while daughter was in school . Now moving on with my life and finding I have other hidden talents .

I do have to write a letter to the college about teaching dance at night . Why the basic ballet can benifit us boomer girls

All the best to you girls and good luck

Edited by Renee (01/05/08 02:19 AM)

#136391 - 01/04/08 11:06 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: Sadie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Renee, it's so good to see you here again! Sorry we won't see you in Vegas.

I agree with your comment on learning. When we stop learning, it's time to die.

Poet and essayist

#136392 - 01/06/08 04:08 AM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: meredithbead]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I went through a Dale Evans stage too Eagle, and Annie Oakley. But, mostly, I wanted to be an actress. I wanted to write. Then there was my singing and dancing stage. I loved the idea of being a secretary. Wanted to be Della Street. I guess I made that one. Now I'm Della Street with PowerPoint. I should have been an actress.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved