The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#136393 - 01/06/08 07:07 AM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: Louisa]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Marlo Thomas

#136394 - 01/07/08 12:09 AM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: hotflashgal]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sleeping Beauty....EVERYTHING Sleeping Beauty!!!

#136395 - 01/07/08 12:11 AM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

A mousekateer

#136396 - 01/07/08 12:14 AM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Me too, JJ...who was your favourite?

(Maya Angelou)

#136397 - 01/07/08 01:13 AM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: Eagle Heart]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I was Sleeping Beauty in a play. I loved it, absolutly loved being SB, and I loved acting. The funniest part is that I would not allow the kiss on my lips or face. The director allowed me to get a kiss on the hand. I can't believe my request was respected! I wanted to be a star. Here's the story. If you are already bored you can stop here before you fall asleep.++I was 5 years old. I was roller skating on a tennis court. I loved skating, too. Doris Day was singing on a PA (public Address) system, like stereo speakers outdoors. **Que Sera Sera, whatever will be will be. **Anyway, it was a clear sunny day vs. an overcast day with sun behind the overcast. The song got me thinking about what I wanted to be. I looked at the sky, which I always appreciated more on a sunny day, and I said, "A Star!" This was an epiphany, and I ran to my mother to tell her "I know what I want to be when I grow up. I want to be a star!" But my form of communication was more like, "Mom, can I tell you something?" (assessing her mood) She said, "Have you been looking at the sky again? You can't be a star in the sky for a very long time. "(I'd always look at the sky, enchanted. Another topic.) So, I say, "No, Mommy, not that kind of star. The kind of star that people are." She said, "Oh you mean a star like Doris Day." "Yes, that's it. That kind of star." Mom said, "It takes a lot of work to sing and act like that." So, I wanted to be a star. I wanted to sing and act in plays. I'd sing myself to sleep. My mother would always say to wait until I was on stage "to be so dramatic." ++Present day, when I realize I am not the star I wanted to be, I remind myself that we are all stars, because we shine love and light onto the world, and the whole sky, the universe, loves the stars in kind. L, Sleeping Beauty

Edited by Princess Lenora (01/07/08 01:27 AM)

#136398 - 01/07/08 03:04 AM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I liked Cubby and Lonnie...of course Annette...if you would like to read about them and what has transpired since the show, go here; http://www.originalmmc.com/index.html

Its very interesting!

#136399 - 01/07/08 03:13 AM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Karen and Cubby were my favorite, too...and I LOVED having the same name as Darlene...somehow I felt special because my name was the same as one of the mousekateers.

#136400 - 01/07/08 05:33 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: Dee]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Thanks for the mousekateer site....it was a fun and memorable read!

#136401 - 01/07/08 11:07 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Could you believe that one of them went to prison? And it was a girl? I was dumbfounded!

#136402 - 01/08/08 03:40 AM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ___ [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I wanted to be Marlon Perkins or the Millionaire guy that knocked on strangers doors and gave them a million dollars. I doubt anything could be more fun than that...

Oh and Dancer, you won't get me on my toes anytime soon, splat!!! Too fluffy for ballet...

Edited by chatty lady (01/08/08 03:41 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved