The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 200 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#136799 - 01/08/08 12:19 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: gims]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
hehehe....don't mean to chuckle but I hear ya! This morning I went out to start his car for him. I came in to ask him a simple question about something in the trunk and he got all flustered. Expressive hands, frustrated look and "I don't know" about 4 times. It was a simple question out of concern! I just went back out and smiled, thinking of this thread. He cannot think and get dressed at the same time. I've never seen a person who cannot do 2 things at once as much as him. He's thoroughly engrossed in whatever he's doing. Kinda funny, actually.

#136800 - 01/08/08 12:24 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

On second thought, he is an impatient Aries....all the way!

#136801 - 01/08/08 02:10 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You start his car for him? Girl, you are a sweetheart. I hope he appreciates you!

#136802 - 01/08/08 02:15 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Hey, JJ, I'll toot my own horn anyday. My philosophy in marriage is to treat one another like you would DREAM to be treated!....well, as long as you don't lose yourself or get walked on, that is. I know he genuinely appreciates it because he says so often and thanks me. Here, I'll toot my own horn so forgive me...I brush off the snow and start it up every weekday for him. That's after I put his carefully prepared lunch in the car for him so he doesn't have to carry it out....lol. He came from a marriage where NOTHING was ever done for him and often he was denied....right from birth. So I enjoy it. I enjoy seeing him race out the door to a warm and ready car. One thing we DO have going for us is mutual appreciation. We express it daily...even when he's weird. Of course, I am NEVER weird!

#136803 - 01/08/08 02:27 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

This all warms my heart and good for you, I say! I can tell from you post that it brings you much joy to do this things for him. That is wonderful, Jane...and don't let anyone tell you any different. It brings you joy, him joy...what can be wrong with that? Like you say, its the Golden Rule!

What a nice person you are!

#136804 - 01/08/08 02:35 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: Princess Lenora]
glessmom Offline

Loc: WI
So - what's up with having to sit and listen to every detail of hubby's work day with undivided attention - like it was the most interesting topic in the entire world - and then try to tell him about YOUR day - as he turns his head and watches some TV show and does the nod or the 'uh-huh' thing every once in awhile???

www.ugomom.com

#136805 - 01/08/08 03:36 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: glessmom]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
LJ, I might go a bit off topic here relative to you starting his car and brushing off the snow. It is commendable that you want to ease the fact that he'd been denied, as long as you know you can't "fix" that for him. Why do I bring this up? By the time MH and I were married for 10 years, I said he had already made up for 30 years of my earlier traumatic life. Inadvertantly he did this, just by being himself in treating me civil, and listening when it counts. I have tried to start a mutual gratitude journal of what we appreciate in each other, but he does not stick to anything except, well, sports scores! I'm an impatient Aries. One of my lessons is to learn that my time frame ( I want it! and I want it now) is not necessarily someone elses's time frame, or God's.

#136806 - 01/08/08 04:54 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: Princess Lenora]
ladyjane Offline

Princess, I appreciate what you've said. I have not even seriously thought of "can I fix him." I probably should have but by nature I will give and give and I love caring for people's needs. Sometimes I've worn myself out doing it. I did this same thing for my former husband. It came as second nature. No one ever had to suggest it. The other piece to the puzzle is that my former husband was a very conservative and somewhat legalistic Baptist pastor. You know, women should submit, etc. I don't think it played into too much of what I did because I was always like that. For awhile I drove my present hubby off the wall with my taking care of him. So I eased back a bit. He kept letting me know that he was capable and I shouldn't do those things. Over time, he's gotten used to the fact that I want to naturally give. For instance, he spent hours on our roof on Sunday shoveling 2 feet of snow off it. I knew, at his age (lol) he was really worn out afterwards. I gave him a foot massage. The thing is I've had other women tell me I was sick for doing these things. I don't think so. It gives me great pleasure to do for others. But the point of trying to fix someone is very well taken. Thanks, maybe I need to hear this. He had a horrible childhood and a very bad first marriage. I just think he deserves a little TLC.

#136807 - 01/08/08 05:47 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Meredith, honey, from an Italian: DON'T go for the contract, ok? LOLOLOL
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#136808 - 01/08/08 05:51 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Yeah, I agree with Dancer. Too many loose ends there. Go with arsenic.

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved