The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 227 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#136820 - 01/09/08 03:54 AM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Make that Pathology Pie, as I call it. No baking involved.

#136821 - 01/09/08 01:29 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
My husband just bought a book on poisonous plants growing in the house garden….Just wanted to let you all know, just in case I should mysteriously disappear from the screen.

I got to tell you all a true story.

A few years ago Hubby and I were invited to dinner at my stepbrother’s house. It was one of those chilly atmospheres that slam right into your face as soon as you step over the threshold. Obviously husband and wife just had a heated argument. Neither one was willing to talk,…not even to us.

Hubby just whispered under his breath to me, "We’ll just eat and go."

My stepbrother is a fantastic gourmet cook, and we didn’t want to miss that for the world…silence or no silence. After dinner we all plumped down in the living room to have an after dinner cocktail. I was tired of trying to keep up the conversation, and at that point joined the others in silent cocktail drinking.

Out of the dark silence, suddenly my stepbrother piped up with, “ Do you know how to commit the perfect murder?”

I looked over at his wife, who squirmed uncomfortably in her seat.

“No,” I said. “Do you know how?”

My stepbrother is an internist so I figured he would come up with some medical concoction to mix. But no, it was simpler then that.

He said if you cut cat hairs real short and add them daily to the victim’s meal, preferably soup, they will ball up in the stomach, since they can’t be digested, and the person will die. And the marvellous thing about it, he added, is that even an autopsy can’t discover the cause.

As if on cue, his wife got a horrible coughing fit, and ran out of the living room. Hubby and I both jumped up together and said, “sorry,…but we must really go.”

Meanwhile they are divorced,…and yes, both are alive and kicking.….At the time I would have laid bets that she wouldn’t survive a year. Am I ever glad I was wrong.

#136822 - 01/09/08 03:02 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dang...wish I had known this when I was married!

#136823 - 01/09/08 06:16 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Wow, Hannelore! Talk about appropriate dinner converstation!
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#136824 - 01/09/08 06:27 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Jaw Jaw,
Congratulations! I am quite sure that "Pathology Pie," is a new classic! Can I use it?
dancer9

#136825 - 01/09/08 06:29 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

I'm reading your book at this time, Princess, those leaves would have been a good idea! Being as I am familar with Arizona, I'm finding great ideas for getting rid of your first husband:
hit him with your car,
shoot him with his own gun,
poisen his food,
find a group of bored drug dealers and drop his name,
Leave him on the top of a mountain and pray for the
best outcome,
Oleander leaves,
a pitful of snakes
a pitful of Gila Monsters,
plant some black widows in his bed,
about 25.
tie him to a Cactus and let the sun do it's thing,
when he is under his vehicle playing with it, kick the
stand our from underneath it.

Oh yes, I've some great ideas for this guy.

Dancer, in the middle of Princesses book

#136827 - 01/09/08 07:56 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm taking notes! LOL

Poet and essayist

#136828 - 01/09/08 10:16 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ]
dancer9 Offline

Well then...you GO, Anne 3
dancer9

#136829 - 01/10/08 02:29 AM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dancer, that is the funniest response I have ever had from anyone reading about that beast! I'm going to read your funnies again. This is the first real laugh I've had in a long time. Too funny. Where were you back then when I needed these ideas to get rid of that caveman? I'm glad you're hear now! L, PL

#136830 - 01/10/08 01:31 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: Princess Lenora]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Okay, I have a new one today! This refers to the "little boys in men" thing. My husband has been notorious in the past of getting very mesmerized with toys or fun things. Well, that's great....we all do sometimes. Last night he came home late after standing in Walmart staring at those little helicopters that you fly with remote control. He loves aviation and went to flight school in the military so I understand this....sort of. Anyway, he has always liked these but has never had one. A guy he works with mentioned yesterday how he has one. That's all it took! Hubby got tunnel-visioned again and wants one...NOW. I asked him if he could wait until he gets his bonus at work (coming this month) or until his birthday in April when I will get it for him. You would have thought I asked the impossible! He stared at it flying around on YouTube last night. Because I didn't show an enormous amount of enthusiasm, he went into sulk mode i.e. "you don't want me to have it." (It was really kinda funny how juvenile he became). It was 11:00, I was very tired and I imagined having to play with that thing every night IN THE HOUSE for a month until he tired of it. He wants the one where there are 2 helicopters who can shoot each other down....in our small house with 2 birds and 4 cats. I can't help but laugh about this but I'm disgusted, too, that he feels he can't wait. The stupid things are made out of styrofoam and cost $70 which we don't have right now. This morning he was nice but still kind of sulky. WHYYYYYY??????? AM I the weird one here? I just thought if he could wait, he'd have dry ground outside to play in. Because of his passing fads (just like a kid) he has his Playstation sitting collecting dust (he played this nonstop one winter for about a month), his ukeleles in the corner collecting dust and the list goes on. This is driving me crazy today and it's all so silly. But, oh, how I desperately needed to vent like this today!

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved