The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#137142 - 01/09/08 11:54 AM I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother
wordscribe Offline

Hello all!

I found this forum through Dotsie's contest she is running on Life Lessons. I have been reading some of the posts here and they are very interesting.

I am a stepmother to an amazing 23-year-old kid? young adult? man?? I think I have been extremely fortunate in that he's just been a great kid all around.

I wrote a blog post about women being portrayed as wicked stepmothers and what the truth really is and would love it if you went over to that site, checked it out and would like to hear your comments!

Her Circle Ezine

Take care,
Diane

#137143 - 01/09/08 03:08 PM Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother [Re: wordscribe]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Diane,
I did travel over to your blog. Well done! You are very level headed and have identified your role as a step-parent completely in this child's life. One that is non-threatening, loving, and supportive. Why would ANYBODY do any differently? I know they do, but why, for Pete's sake. Good for you, I say. I just love your outlook on this, and life in general.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Please do stick around and post some more. I have the feeling everyone is going to really benefit from your wisdom.

#137144 - 01/09/08 03:27 PM Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother [Re: jawjaw]
wordscribe Offline

Thanks so much, Queen JJ

I also really appreciate the welcome. I think I will enjoy hanging out here. I don't think I've ever seen a forum for stepmoms. I am looking forward to chatting with fellow Boomer Women!

Best,
Diane

#137145 - 01/09/08 03:34 PM Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother [Re: wordscribe]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well, you're gonna find every kind of MOM in here....Step, Jump, and Hustle. You might call this the garden variety. Or maybe the Spaghetti Sauce kind...you know the Prego? If you want it, its in here! LOL!

Enjoy yourself, and if you have questions, just ask. Somebody will help. There are tons of threads so feel comfortable about jumping in with both feet.

Also, if at any point you'd like to share more info about yourself, feel free to do that as well. Just remember a couple of things. This is an open forum, so anything you print in here can be read by the world, and of course, treat everyone with the Golden Rule in mind...other than that..."Step" in!

#137146 - 01/11/08 02:42 PM Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Hi Diane,
I read your blog and how wonderful for you that you found your way into such a loving stepson's life. Welcome to the forums and this wonderfully diverse group of women. You may not agree with everyone and everyone may not agree with you but everyone reaches out to you when you have a heavy heart or troubles...it's a wonderful group of sisters.
Welcome sweetie.

#137147 - 01/11/08 05:51 PM Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
wordscribe, glad to see you found us. We're happy to have you. Make sure you hop in the other forume too. I'm sure you have lots to share.

#137148 - 01/11/08 07:32 PM Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother
wordscribe Offline

Thanks so much for everyone's nice welcomes!

Question: How do you add your picture to the forum?

Take care,
Diane

#137149 - 01/11/08 07:46 PM Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother [Re: wordscribe]
wordscribe Offline

Nevermind! I figured out how to post a picture

Diane

#137150 - 01/11/08 10:00 PM Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother [Re: wordscribe]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Welcome Diane! Looks like you belong here big time!

I met a woman once who had three children, one of them was adopted.
Although we didn’t really know each other, she told me that her adopted child is the one who has the most special place in her heart. She then said, she never admitted that to anyone, and probably is just telling me that because I will never meet her again.

I can definitely understand loving a stepchild just like your own. The respect and love you have for one another counts more than being related.

#137151 - 01/11/08 11:33 PM Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Hello Worscribe. Welcome to BWS. Enjoy.

I was one of those wicked stepmoms way back when - oh, but now here I go talking about me!

I will check out your blog tommorow. In the meantime, enjoy you new home, here. I think you will enjoy.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved