The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#139273 - 01/22/08 09:29 PM One Tiny Strand of Hope
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I can´t chat about this article..I can only say that it moved me so deeply. Probably especially after having visited the author´s "space" which, I believe, is put together by her present situation. What a tremendous journey you have made, Dee! And all you wrote here on the forum was..I am back! I never knew..altho I felt there was something behind your words and your fotos on your "space". I am so grateful that you are back..and that you really never left..if you know what I mean??

I don´t know why I strayed to Our Voices on the Boomer home pages..shortly after having visited your "space". But there must have been a reason for my finding you there.

Thank you!

#139274 - 01/23/08 05:13 AM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: humlan]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Humlan...you're a very sweet lady...and I appreciate your kindness. I'm glad I never left, too...then I would have missed out on meeting you and so many other wonderful women on this site. I'm so blessed. Thank you so much.

#139275 - 01/23/08 08:14 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Dee]
humlan Offline

Dee, I can´t imagine not having had the chance to meet you here. Your post on Voices..I´ve been there..because my daughter died so young..but I don´t know that I could share as you have. Yet..you have given me so much by doing so. So very very much...

#139276 - 01/24/08 02:52 AM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: humlan]
Dee Offline

Humlin...If my sharing my story brings comfort to you or anyone else, then it's been worth it...I'm so sorry you lost your daughter...I'm sorry, I don't know the details but if you ever feel you wish to share them with me, you can of course, send me a private email. You must be an extremely couragous and strong woman to have gone through what you've gone through and still shine through (I'm referring to your picture). Dearest...I'm certain your daughter is in heaven looking down on you and very proud. I cannot imagine how hard it must be to lose a child in death...I hope I never have to know what the feels like. Hang in there and I'm here for you anytime. Now I know why Dotsie encouraged me to share my story...I'm so glad I did...and if there ever comes a day when you share yours, I'm sure it, too, will touch peoples lives and have an impact on them, too. I'm sending my hug angels to you.

#139277 - 01/24/08 12:30 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Dee]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Dee, I also was taken by your story. What a nice story of hope for your future...which turned out pretty nice, didn't it? Thank you for the courage to share.

#139278 - 01/24/08 01:53 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
It is a fabulous story and one that I'm sure has given hope to other women. I wish there was a way to connect Dee's life in the forums to that link so women can see the beauty that is her life now.

#139279 - 01/24/08 06:03 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Dee]
humlan Offline

Dee, I am opening my arms wide and taking in your hug angels. Hug angels..beautiful and so full of meaning. Thank you.

This time of year is a bit tough for me..and as the scientists tell us..our body cells remember..even if we don´t. It´ll soon be 26 years ago that my daughter´s doctor, who was almost a family friend at this point, told me that she will die. That she didn´t have much time left. It was very painful for him to say this too. Susan was his first patient..at the time..who was terminally ill. We were much younger then. We have met since then, the doctor and I, in different situations. He has helped me with my other children,too. He is today the foremost expert on liver disease in Sweden..which says alot of his abilities. BUT he is and always was..first and foremost..a fellow human being. The greatest praise that I can give to anyone, actually. During the winter break which comes at the end of February, Susan asked me if she was going to die. She was 11yrs old at the time. And we were sitting on swings in our neighborhood children´s park..and I answered her, Dee. But that´s all "she wrote" for now, Dee.

I have written about my daughter on this forum in different situations..but YOU went very deep into a very personal experience in Voices. You have showed me that I have another layer of myself to look and meet again. So, I´ll probably see you again via PM. I don´t know if I can do what you have done..perhaps give what you have given to those of us who read your about your "tiny strand of hope". There have been so many moments/times alone when the pain and sorrow was so intense..but the otherside of deep pain is joy..right? So I want to go there again... you won´t have to carry me.. but reading can be too much too.

Dee..and anyone reading this HEAVY post..have a good day now..I am drinking wine and water..listening to old songs by Queen..so all is right with the world here in the north! Except for the polar bears that cannot migrate because the ice is melting!!!! Peace, Love and Understanding!!!

#139280 - 01/24/08 06:12 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: humlan]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Humlan, my dear, you take care of yourself for the moment. You were brave to even begin your very difficult story. All in good time....

#139281 - 01/24/08 06:43 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: ladyjane]
Dee Offline

Humlan...if you don't mind my asking, how old was your precious daughter when she passed away? Your daughter was a very brave girl to ask you that question at 11 years of age. She must have gotten her strength from you, her Mother, because I hear your strength. I'm not sure what prompted me to pen what happened to me on this web site. I guess it's something I wanted to share...after much questioning and doubt...but, in the end, I think I was just ready to talk about it. Everyone here is special with or without opening up their lives, especially the painful parts. You do not have to go any farther with the pain you share concerning the loss of your daughter unless it's what you want to do. I, and I'm sure everyone here, respects that.
I want to tell you that I am proud just the way you are. Very, very proud of you Humlan. And if you wish to share with me privately in a PM, it would be my honor to listen and be here for you.
I am so terribly sorry for your loss and the pain you carried with you then and still carry with you now concerning your daughter. I would imagine it's something you will always carry with you and rightfully so. I think the message I wanted to convey the most in my story is that even at the rock bottom of our life, at the most desperate, desperate hour when we think there's absolutely no reason to go on that we must try to find something worth staying for...worth being for...even if it's just ourselves. Life, as you know, is short. Your daughter would want you to do what she can't...live, hope, dream, desire, be happy and create a life that when she looks down from heaven she knows that you're okay. Life is like a tide..it flows and ebbs...sometimes we have waves crashing over us that knock us off our feet, and yet other days the seas are calm and serene. It's how we get back up when we're knocked down that defines our journey through life and how we'll face the next waves that are sure to come. To be honest, most of life is pretty damn hard and disappointing...but, it's the times when it's not that we need to cling to and appreciate. Humlan, you are the most courageous woman I know and I'm so proud of you. You are my inspiration now and I adore you. You are a very special angel in my life and I'm so glad that we are friends.
Here's more angel hugs for you...we never can have too many hugs...HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS

Love you dear heart.

#139282 - 01/24/08 06:51 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

Humlan
when a process starts it is a gift.Even all these years later .Drink your wine worry about the polar bears (I do)and connect.Being our age means we have scars...and medals too.
My daughter is a Susan. Today while reading a poetry forum a poem with our daughters name moved me so mush I cried at the tital.I admire you Humlan...we are neighbours(nearly)
Bless you.
Mountain ash

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved