The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#139303 - 01/24/08 08:40 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Mountain Ash]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I hear you, Mountain Ash..I´ve had the blessing of helping others in my situation over the years..and you receive so much in return, don´t you? That endures the rest of your life.

I must add that one boy,A, had cancer..and survived. Today he is a young man with a child of his own because he saved his sperm during his illness. His partner has 2 children of her own, too. One of them Turret´s syndrome. Couldn´t have a better stepfather, don´t you think? A. was a swimmer and competed in the gruelling 1500m distance. The strength he built up there probably saved his life! So..there are some sunshine stories too!! My older son, who was his swimmer friend, stood by his side thru it all..they were only teenagers..and I still have before me how my son, D., helped him so that he could he go to an ACDC concert in Gothenburg. I went along too with his mom. But the guys went on before us..A. on crutches..but they stood thru the entire concert in the front by the stage! My son, D., managed to help A. without being obvious about it all. I couldn´t have done it the way he did..with his respect for the teenager that was A.

Dear ladies, I have got to fade away for the evening. It´s almost 10pm here and I am pretty wiped out by all that happened here. I will carry you with me into the days to come..always. What a time. Thank you!!!! HUGS! HUGS! HUGS!

I hope that we meet in this way again sometime.

#139304 - 01/24/08 08:41 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: humlan]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
'Night-'Night Humlan....it's been a great day sharing with you!

#139305 - 01/24/08 08:42 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Thre's a special bond between people who have gone through similar, personal tragedy. I think that's why we've all somehow connected in this forum...we understand and help lift each other up...Humlan and MA...you two have experienced something I haven't, so I don't presume to know that kind of pain...but, know that I admire your strength and ability to share with us what you can.

Hugs all around...

#139306 - 01/24/08 08:53 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

One boy had was an amputee below his leg.He had a false leg and managed well.As he grew he needed help with dressings etc.We had a bond I. and me. I would excuse himself from class and speak to me..he was as bright as a new penny.His trick was to turn his leg round and walk to the teachers desk letting the kids see his"wonky" leg.It set them into gigges.But one old dearie never caught on that I. was doing this.Last time I saw him he was a carpenter and I was with friends at a wedding.The bond we shared is magical.I. made light of his situation and these things balanced my days.
The light in a happy students eyes is a joy to behold.
MA

#139307 - 01/24/08 09:45 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

MA...the bond you two shared does sound magical. I'm sure he still thinks of you with fond memories. And to be able to play jokes with his leg...how funny. I love hearing about people with disabilities who find ways to smile despite what they have to live with. Makes me feel selfish when I complain about anything superficial.
I never was a teach...but, it sounds like you enjoyed it. I bet you were the kind of teacher that students think about even to this day. I had a teacher like that once...she did one thing that made me feel special and I remember her for it to this day.

#139308 - 01/25/08 05:42 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

What a day yesterday was in this forum...I've never, ever had a forum go like this one did yesterday. It was great the way we were online at the same time and how long we remained talking about things near and dear to our hearts throughout the entire day. I did not want to pull away but when we did it was with a sense of fulfillment having been touched by 3 dear ladies. Yesterday was so special and I feel so much closer to the women who shared their day with me here. Hugs back to you all.

#139309 - 01/25/08 06:01 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Dee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Some of us enjoyed the magic from afar - reminded me of "sacred ground" - the ripples stretched farther than you know...

(Maya Angelou)

#139310 - 01/25/08 06:48 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dee Offline

Eagle Heart...so glad our ripples touched you. You're sweet to let us know. HUGS HUGS HUGS

#139311 - 01/25/08 06:59 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Dee]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Yes indeed we did. We were the only 4 registered users here for quite a while. We shared back and forth and very deeply. I, too, have never remembered a time like that anywhere. I knew in the back of my mind that I should be "accomplishing" elsewhere but I was drawn and stayed for as long as it took. I don't regret it for a second now. I wouldn't have wanted to miss it. I bet we did send some ripples across BWS. I hope many felt our touch.

#139312 - 01/25/08 07:00 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Mountain Ash]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Mountain Ash, "the light in a happy student´s eyes is a joy to behold"..and those moments when a student, who has said that he/she can´t, find that they CAN..the light of that moment can eluminate the darkest of nights..don´t you think? In my case, it can be a young boy of 5 years old or so that says he can´t get his snowsuit/overall on or a young girl of the same age that says she can´t write her name..and then all of a sudden it clicks..and it works for them!!!! OHHH..and you´ve had the extreme priveledge of being on the journey with them!

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved