The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#139313 - 01/25/08 07:04 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Eagle Heart]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Eagleheart.."sacred ground", my Gosh what a thought..what an expression..what a name for what happened here last nite with "one tiny thread of hope"!!! And you were with us..from afar..no wonder this place is "sacred ground".

To use and "payforward" Dee´s expression...angel hugs to you, Eagleheart!

#139314 - 01/25/08 07:10 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Mountain Ash]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Is your Susan the little 14 yr old girl who cried when Morse died? Mountain Ash? She´ll probably be angry with me, calling her a little girl at the respectable age of 14. In either case..my tears became lighter that evening because I wasn´t alone!

#139315 - 01/25/08 07:16 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Gosh ladies, I leave this place for a little while,…and missed the magic happening.
This is real life, touching real souls. This thread developed a power of its own; a power of true friendship. I could visualize you all touching hands. I’m so happy that I know all of you.

#139316 - 01/25/08 07:24 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Hannelore, wish you had been here. I sat here crying, tissues all over my desk! And I can't really explain it in words too well. There was just very deep communication and I was, once again, totally awed that we were from all over the place...two here in the U.S. and two across the pond. I hesitate to try to describe it because people will then think that I'm completely whacked for sure.

#139317 - 01/25/08 08:15 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: ladyjane]
Mountain Ash Offline

Same Susan Humlan.She is an adult..a good woman now.
MA

#139318 - 01/26/08 03:15 AM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hannelore...just you joining in to tell us how it touched you is enough...for some reason the 4 of us connected in a moment in time and it was really pretty incredible. I, too, have a hard time really describing what that was like, LadyJane...but, I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason...we shared, we listened, we cried, we related, we empathized, we were like girlfriends sharing our deepest feelings...and for awhile there weren't states or the ocean separating us...I really forgot that we're on a world wide forum...I felt so connected that it just seemed like we were much closer than we actually were.
Humlan...Mountain Ash, how are you doing today? You've been in my thoughts although I've not been on the forums much today. You three have connected with me in a way that is so special and I'm grateful.

#139319 - 01/26/08 09:41 AM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

Dee
authentic sharing like cuttinh into the new baked apple pie..it happens and renews our pathway The way we choose to be.
I had this last year in hospital and experienced bliss..zone..sacred time as well as my treatment.
I have a theory..again based on group work but will save it for now because I dont want to spoil the moment with hogging things with my own beliefs.
I am still in my night clothes..so must move on.
MA

#139320 - 01/26/08 04:57 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
MA...please share your beliefs...that's what this place is for...sharing...so you're not hogging at all. I want to hear what you have to say...so, come back and share okie dokie?

#139321 - 01/26/08 05:48 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Dee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
MA, I haven't been an active part of this thread thus far, but am thoroughly enjoying it - I too would love to hear your thoughts and theories...your wisdom always touches my heart.

(Maya Angelou)

#139322 - 01/26/08 07:47 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mountain Ash Offline

I think Scott Peck describes groups well.There is a forming time.and so on.

My experience has been repeated time again. and I will try to describe it.
My adult daughter booked us at a health Spa.sunday to friday.I was seriously injured (sacral bone)we arrived on Sunday. ten people were there.A good group size.We met the course director and each were interviewed re. our needs.I had physio and pool as well as beauty treatments.We ate together and as some were fasting lots of verbal intercharge.Each afternoon we all were driven in a mini bus to walk some.Then afternoon tea .Forgot to say..each morning there was "Thought for the day" a varied spiritual meeting.
We all triotted around with our schedules and became friendly. Every Tuesday late evening as we all sat around after dinner a kind of hush..a meeting of emotions happened.It was as if our physces knew how long we had together and trust had formed.I went regulary to this spa and each time it happened.Even spending New Year there.I met many superb people there who have enriched my life.From all walks of life.I saw in that place barriers melting and kindness beyond measure.
This spa..I will send information is in a mansion house where a Dr Gertrude Brown ran a sanatorium along the principals of Seven Day Advent church and only in January changed hands for loads of cash.No matter what the new owners do with it in my mind it will never be bettered.
I feel fortunate that I was taken to this spa and then came to love it.I would drive each month for accupuncture and feel that the physio there allowed me healing.The very walls of the "Castle" must have absorbed our gratitude.It is a truly marvelous place.
The message Scott Peck gives lived there and no doubt I did my share of making this happen.As we all can in groups.
Only now and then when a "bad apple" is in a group will it fail..until things are taken in hand.
Perhaps this site needs times like we four shared on Friday to drive other discussions likewise.
If this is not clear Sharon I will explain best I can.
MA

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved