The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#139323 - 01/26/08 07:49 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

Google this for the photographs..

Roundelwood health spa scotland, UK

Welcome to
Roundelwood Health
Spa at Knock Castle

Based in Crieff, Perthshire, we offer a peaceful
setting for our guests to unwind, relax and enjoy our
fine dining experiences. Unlike other Spas, we offer our guests complete lifestyle packages, tailored for individual needs, combining natural therapeutic treatments with professional guidance and direction.

At Roundelwood we offer a luxurious, personalised experience that is Different Naturally.

NOW OPEN 7 DAYS

View our Beat the winter blues special offers for Jan & Feb

more

Roundelwood now Open 7 Days a Week

more

Roundelwood gift vouchers perfect for anyone special

more

Dont just believe us read what our clients have to say

more

To receive the latest news, offers and
information from
Roundelwood, Sign
in below........

Name
Email

Call Roundelwood on: 01764 650 088
Site Map | Home | Special Offers | Vouchers | News | Testimonials | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us
Copyright © Roundelwood Health Spa, Drummond Terrace, Crieff, Perthshire PH7 4AN | Designed by Marketing Concepts
roundelwood health spa | hotel spa breaks uk | health spa packages scotland | health spa treatment
health spa therapy | weight loss | obesity help | quit smoking | stress management

StatCounter - Free Web Tracker and Counter

#139324 - 01/28/08 12:57 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Mountain....I looked it up...beautiful!!! absolutely beautiful.

#139325 - 01/28/08 01:17 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

Dee
first time I went when we left I wept...then as my daughter and I built in two day and five day visits I felt I had found a special place.I have many stories of good work going on..the groups of folks I met.As I said having pyhsio and accupuncture for a whole year allowed me to keep mobile.One good thing that happened was being able to invite friends for a meal and share what we were experiencing.
My dear friend works there..a very special lady who has touched many lives.She set up a womens health day for menopause and had a homopathic doctor lecture us.The large room was filled.I have days there and sit in the spa cosy while the cold Scottish day is outside.
I truly believe the whole building is a blanket of goodness.
I have a favourite room and when things get tough I picture the room.Its above the tree tops and wild geese are flying level to the window.
MA

#139326 - 01/28/08 03:15 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Mountain Ash]
ArleneKole1 Offline

Loc: California, United States
I too, have been away and I wanted to let you all know how truly inspiring you are and what a treat it is to feel your words.

#139327 - 01/28/08 04:02 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: ArleneKole1]
Dee Offline

Welcome back Arlene...thank you dear for your kind words...we missed you.

Hi Mountain...you're right...we are chasing each other around the forums.

It's always nice when we find a place of solace. Your place of solace is heavenly...and when you told me about your favorite room being high above the tree tops and you watch wild geese fly by...well, it gave me goose bumps (no pun intended)...I can only imagine how beautiful that must have been. Sometimes we find outself in a moment that is shared with nature that is so special words find it hard to describe. That castle sounds amazing.

#139328 - 02/10/08 09:21 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Mountain Ash]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Mountain Ash, I missed your posts about your "place" until now. What a "sacred place".(taken from a song by Damian Rice). What caught me was your remark about what groups of people an do..change almost the very walls in a building or place..perhaps even move mountains? I really felt what you wrote there because, I think, that some times we forget what we can do as a group together..different groups in different situations and "zones". I read in a foreword in one of Doris Lessing´s autobiographies that our brains acamodate (spelling?) to the person we are talking to..the brain waves become similar..our hearts beat in rythm..and maybe we all have a rythm, she goes on to ask..nations,cities and individuals..very very interesting, I think. And perhaps we can heal eachother by our reaching out and being together a time??

What happened here on this thread a while back has certainly given me a warm glowing spot in my heart. I need that now as my tough months are here, as I wrote before. The other day, I woke up crying..and at first I didn´t know why and was almost angry with myself for being "so old". But then I remembered this thread and what we shared here..I realized that I was missing my Susan very very much. But that was OK..because of what we talked about here..and the fact that I could identify my sorrow..this was very new to me at this stage in my life..so many years after her death..but OH what a help it was.

And Mountain Ash, we were mostly 3 or 4 women that wrote that evening..from all over the world..and, for me, here in Sweden..you all have helped me move mountains within myself..and to SEE them and not criticize myself for them.

Thank you! all of you..

#139329 - 02/10/08 11:59 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: humlan]
Dee Offline

Humlan,
I just now saw your post. I'm so sorry your heart is heavy and you're feeling sad. I am sending a fresh supply of hug angels your way, dear heart, to help you. I cannot imagine how it feels to be in your shoes...I can only tell you that I am hugging you from far, far away and that my prayers are pouring out for your comfort.

#139330 - 02/12/08 03:22 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
humlan, phew, your grief for Susan is so understandable. I wish I could take it away.

As you know, we are mulling through grief with friends who also lost a child. It's one thing I certainly will never understand. It's so out of the natural rhythm of our lives for this to happen.

Please know that I'm adding you in with prayers for our friends. I didn't know this still caused you tears (though I certainly understand) so I'm lumping you all together in prayer from now on.

Is today a better day?

#139331 - 02/24/08 09:23 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope
humlan Offline

Dotsie..that´s the thing..death..even of a child..is not really outside our natural lives..it´s we westerners that put death, sickness and almost anything that is considered as "ugly" into a "box" (pete seeger´s little boxes) and then transport it outside our perimeters..so that we don´t and can´t SEE.. look at Sudan..only Sudan..one country of many..children are dying there daily..as are there parents..and they die among them all because it is a very real part of their lives. And here in the West..people are dying every day..every day..both young and old..they get sick and they get disfigured and lamed physically or psychologically daily..without death, there would be no life..how would you define life, then? If there was no death?

Thank you, Dotsie, for your daily prayers..I need them. And I am sure that you have a special path to God..I can see it in your smile..thank you!

The past couple of days, I have been feeling better again. Perhaps because I am thinking of the living..my grandchildren and their mother,my daughter..and how I can help them. I am certain that my Susan has brought me to this thought and planning because there have been many spiritual happenings in my life the past few weeks.

#139332 - 02/24/08 09:25 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Dee]
humlan Offline

I just wanted to say..that I haven´t forgotten our moment here. I carry it with me every second of my day..within my very being. It was so special..so beautiful..thank you!

Angel hugs to you..all of you!!! You know!!!

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved