The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#139333 - 02/24/08 10:01 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: humlan]
Mountain Ash Offline

Nor me Humlan..LJ Dee
MA

#139334 - 02/25/08 11:05 AM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Nor me! I think of it often and will remember it always. It was one of the sweetest moments ever online with my very special friends. Hugs and angelic vibes sent to all of you this morning!

#139335 - 02/25/08 10:41 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: ladyjane]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS...It was an awesome moment, wasn't it. I, too, think of it often and am blessed to have such close friends.

#139336 - 03/02/08 09:41 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Dee]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
My son is in the kitchen..playing his computer and listening to music..he is listening to Cornelius Vresvik..a danish born man that lived in Sweden from the age of about 10. He has a song called, Rönnerdahl, that is a dreamy song about the summer. Many midsommers ago..at a midsummer party..Susan sat by the pool, listening to just this song and dreaming herself away. My husband (then) patted me on the shoulder and said,"look at Susan..." And the man she was listening to, playing the song on his guitar, accompanied by others too..was the father of a boy who sat in a wheelchair due to his illness and would for the rest of his life..I mean the boy..his son, sat in the wheel chair..that father is now gone too..he took his life a few years later..because life hurt too much for him, as his wife told me when I met her on the pier by our lake the spring after his death..the year of this midsummer celebration was 1982..and Susan died at the end of August..

But I am starting to find that these memories are not only painful..they are the place where joy meets sorrow..or life meets death..I have never really experienced this place..but I am finding it now..more and more often..

Ohhh life..sweet LIFE!!!

#139337 - 03/02/08 09:45 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: humlan]
Mountain Ash Offline

Music poetry and art all touch our souls...bringing bitter sweetness.
I can picture little Susan hearing the song..
Bless you
MA

#139338 - 03/02/08 10:04 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
humlan, are you seeking these thoughts at this point in your life?

Thanks for taking me into your life and sharing such precious moments.

#139339 - 03/06/08 07:21 PM Re: One Tiny Strand of Hope
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Dotsie..I feel as tho I am being led to these thoughts, feelings and almost revelations..

I am glad that I checked this thread today..life has been so busy lately..my job is just sooo taxing at the moment. This kids are wild..so active and not listening to us at all. Remember that I work with a multicultural group as it´s called here in Sweden. The children are mostly from Turkey and kurds from Turkey too.

And then I read this thread..and remembered where I was at just a few days ago!!! I don´t want to loose what was happening then..but I guess everything is meant to be..and if I was "led"..perhaps by Susan (?), then I am being led now too..I hope that I am listening!!!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved