The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#140151 - 02/19/08 11:36 PM Re: Can we talk about sex?
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
after all the love songs I've danced and sung, I have become simple about how to make it work:
Love them, really love them and the rest will follow.

I know how simple this is but I've seen a lot of relatinships and I've sung and danced a lot of songs. People do all sorts of things other than practicing loving, in ways like Dotsie, posted.. They play games, fight for fun until someone gets hurt, they take each other for granted or in the case of entertainers, they marry for money for fame.

Just love the person will all your heart every day and night and all should be well. The most popular love songs, if you think about them, are simple.

ie: "You are so beautiful to me" Joe Cocker
"Every breath you take," - Police
"Nothing compares to you,- Sinead O'Conner by Prince
"I will always love you," Whitney Huston, and written and performed first by Dolly Pardon

These songs have very few lyrics and are commercial successes! Trust me, I know about this subject and I'm here to say, it's easy.

And if you don't love them, leave them so they can be loved because the most popular break up songs are simple too! Most of them are about the same ol' problems couples have.

Turn on your radio and study!

dancer of love songs

"Question your privilege"

#140152 - 02/20/08 06:01 AM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: Edelweiss]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

Orchid, when you think about it, there isn't more revealed in this thread than in any ordinary Oprah show or lady's magazine. I got to admit, I had to jump over my own inhibitions too, but we are cognito ...so who cares. I think humlan and a few other ladies here have a matter of fact natural attitude about sex. There is nothing wrong with that. I've learned a couple of things; … and that at my age!

If you saw my earlier message here on this thread, I was posting during my lunch hr. at work. My boss has dropped by my office at lunch to ask something, etc. and my computer screen faces the door. My boss is an aging version of Fabio: http://www.fabioifc.com/ I'm not kiddin', guys at the construction site kid him on it.

Let's put it this way I've had gifts of flannel nightgowns from other family members (not him)..and tuck them away in drawer instead. I must admit, I'm bewildered when I get a flannel nightgown or pjs....good for going to the washroom in the middle of night when going camping.

#140153 - 02/20/08 06:02 AM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: dancer9]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Dotsie and Dancer, you are so right. Why should it begin with them? Hubby still has bronchitis, so I got to wait with the snuggling, but I know I could do more, and I will. Thank you for the nudge.

And Dotsie, was that a motor boat you sold? Well baby oil does have petroleum, as Danita said. Haha…Oh boy, there are a thousand funnies I could say here…but shut ma mouth!

#140154 - 02/20/08 07:34 AM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I am surely having fun reading through this thread. As I am intentionally celibate, I don't have anything to contribute but, appreciate the fact that y'all can express yourselves here. I can only imagine what it would be like with you gals at a slumber party. So, what does one who practices celibacy say? I guess it would be: "Thanks for the memories"

#140155 - 02/20/08 01:58 PM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Well, I figured as much Lola,...with your new aviator looking over here so innocently. Or do angels make woopee too? Well why not? It might explain tornadoes and thunderstorms.

#140156 - 02/20/08 02:01 PM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: Edelweiss]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
So angels are to blame fortornadoes, hurricanes and thunderstorms, hey???? Never knew that before, Hannelore.
Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets; i.e., just a little jingle!

Edited by jabber (02/20/08 02:01 PM)

#140157 - 02/20/08 07:29 PM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: jabber]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I mostly do this now half of the time so there has not been any se_, Hannelore. See? I can't even spell it now!

#140159 - 02/21/08 01:09 AM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You are so talented on the computer Lola, I so envy that. I believe that for me being celibate as well, a song might be: 'I'll Sail My Ship Alone' by Patsy cline

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#140160 - 02/21/08 02:59 AM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: dancer9]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

Love them, really love them and the rest will follow.

I can say from experience, this does not always prove to be true.

#140161 - 02/21/08 10:34 AM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Lola, you look like a pretty sexy grandma. Wooeee look at those moves!
Gims, I agree. It has to be a two way street, or nothing goes.

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved