The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 78 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#140356 - 01/30/08 08:46 PM write about your pets and get paid
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, I just heard from Teri and here's what she needs:

CURRENT NEEDS: Stories and photos for new series; The Ultimate Dog Lover, The Ultimate Cat Lover, The Ultimate Horse Lover (pub Sept 2008). Books include full-color photos, great stories, and must-know info from experts on each topic. Pays $200 per published story or photo, 500-1800 words. Chapters, full details at www.theultimatedoglover.com, www.theultimatecatlover.com and www.theultimatehorselover.com.

Go for it! Submit.

#140357 - 01/31/08 02:58 AM Re: write about your pets and get paid
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dotsie, i've a horse, yet unable to open the horse lover web site above

#140358 - 01/31/08 04:05 AM Re: write about your pets and get paid [Re: ]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I thought Mustang said above "I'm a horse." she said, "I've a horse" as in "I have a horse." I opened the dog lovers site. This is amazing. Just yesterday I converted a story from an old word program to current program. The story was about finding my Sheltie Whitney lost in the woods by using intuition and God's guidance. I wrote the story, and sent it to my family in another state. They said that they (my family) were at a pizza parlor one day, and my brother was reading the story out loud to the family. 90ish year old grandma, niece, nephew, sister in law, Mom and Dad, and brother reading. They reported that they were so engrossed in the story that when the pizza came to the table, they said to the waiter "SHHHH. Come back later." That's one of the highest compliments I ever got on a story: when the Italian pizza eating family, including the Grandma who brought Pizza to the Poconos in the 1940s, tells the waiter to go away and come back later cause they are into the story. I can't wait to submit it. Thanks for sharing Dotsie.

#140359 - 01/31/08 07:42 PM Re: write about your pets and get paid [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Mustang, take the period off the end of the link then you should be able to use it.

Princess, that IS a big compliment. Wow! And isn't it special when it comes from our own family? Let us know if the story is accepted. It sounds like something we ALL would want to read. Good luck!

I would send one in about Trixie, but all she does is lounge around all day on her loveseat and flip channels back and forth between Animal Planet and the Dog Whisperer; WITH my crown on, I might add. What a mutt!

#140360 - 01/31/08 08:05 PM Re: write about your pets and get paid [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi JJ, thanks for the encouragement. I rarely submit (lack of confidence) but I happen to have this story already completed! Yeah! Trixie and my dogs Annie and Gracie could have a pj party and watch the Dog Whisperer in bed. Annie especially loves to watch the doggies on TV. I got this great book yesterday. It is called: "Desiderata for Horse Lovers." I have posted that when I was 15 the poem Desiderata made a life-long impression on me: "Go placidy amid the noise and haste..." "remember what peace there may be in silence." On the right side of the book is a verse of the poem, on the opposing page is a picture of horses being horses. Only $8.00 at BN. Also one for dog and cat lovers.

#140361 - 01/31/08 08:08 PM Re: write about your pets and get paid [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

How odd that you would mention that. Desiderata is my all-time favorite. OMGosh...I first read it when I was 17. I was in West Palm Beach, Florida...and saw it in the window of a store. I was spellbound and couldn't move for minutes and minutes. I just had to stand there and soak it in.

Ladies, if you have never read this, you need to. If you have it handy Princess, you should post it here. Oh how it fills me up!

#140362 - 01/31/08 09:09 PM Re: write about your pets and get paid [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Princess and JJ....forgive my sudden intrusion but I have Desiderata very handy....I love it!!!!

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others,
even to the dull and ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be
greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career
however humble;
it is a real possession in the
changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you
to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit
to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore, be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham,
drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

~by Max Ehrmann

#140363 - 02/01/08 01:15 AM Re: write about your pets and get paid [Re: ladyjane]
Princess Lenora Offline

LJ, thank you for posting this so readily and completely! Wonderful! JJ, I too was spellbound. Just like you said. All time favorite, yes. This is the part that changed my life for a while: "You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here." *** I thought, me too? I have a right to be here? ** the books are little gift books from www.sterlingpublishing.com. Editions at Barnes Noble are: cat lovers, horse lovers, dog lovers, and baby lovers. I've seen posters, parchment, etc. of this poem, but the combination of two things I love, the poem and horses, was unresistable.

#140364 - 02/01/08 02:28 AM Re: write about your pets and get paid [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I love ALL of this. It says it all, to me. Thank you kindly LJ for posting this.

#140365 - 02/01/08 02:32 AM Re: write about your pets and get paid [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

For each line of the poem, the picture on the facing page has a depiction of the line. For example, the line: "Go placidly amid the noise and haste" has a picture of a herd of dark horses, all close together. One horse is white, and is facing a different direction than all the other horses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved